LG PF1000U Ultra Short Throw Projector Giveaway

I like it when companies dare to re-design something. It's risky, but it looks like this one is a winner. I especially like the fact that it can be so close and below the projector screen.

Would definitely be useful and cool to have for work and entertainment.

What a dope piece of hardware. Would love to win the projector :j

The Projector is actually really cool, the small form factor is what makes it cooler than normal projectors in my opinion, have always been a monitor > tv > projector because set up can be a hassle. Would like to see videos on projectors but i can see why that would also be maybe a waste considering most people would also prefer a monitor, but who knows there are a lot of enthusiasts around who may like to see the perfect projector gaming setup.

While it looks like it's worth the money, I admit I couldn't justify $1400 for a projector like that. To me, a Projector would be most useful as either, a cheap mobile monitor for computing / programming / screwing around, or a theatre setup.  However, it looks perfect for gaming get-togethers. If it weren't for the analog-digital delay, it'd be perfect for Project M or Melee tourneys (or friendly gatherings). 

But I'm imagining Kirby Airride, and Tekken. And lots of emulated games. Maybe some Mariokart Double dash.    

Actually now that I think of it, it'd be super useful at a Smash tourney, to throw a Live Stream up on the wall of current smash events elsewhere.  We often would gather around someone else's laptop to do just that inbetween games.

Anyway, I'm glad LG is making something unique here. I don't see any high quality mobile projectors online when I go looking around. And the idea of just whipping out a big screen for movies is awesome.  Maybe if I save up.... after University. But otherwise this product is above my uhh.... reasonable uses -to- price ratio.

There is some incredible engineering packed into this projector, miles better than any other close range projector that I have ever seen. Then there is the incredible form factor that just adds to its versatility.

I LOVE IT

Wait, how do you avoid getting dirt on the mirror / light area? Or scraches

First time I saw it was on Techmoan's channel, really awesome projector for restricted spaces. As a student, I only oppose the price :D.

very cool projector and the form factor is awesome too, I would love to be the chosen one and try to fit it into my backpack!

On 07/10/2016 at 4:48 AM, CPotter said:

On 07/10/2016 at 4:48 AM, CPotter said:

To coincide with tonight's video release, LG has given us two units of their PF1000U Short Throw Projectors to giveaway! This will be a worldwide giveaway with no age restrictions, see below for entry details.

PF1000U

Purchase Link: http://bit.ly/29tAdg7

To enter the giveaway:

1. Comment below, tell us your thoughts about the PF1000U projector.

2. Go say hi and give LG a follow over on Twitter: https://twitter.com/LGUS

*Entries close on 7/16/2016. 

The winner will be announced randomly, and you'll see their names edited into the bottom of this post. I will also DM the winners, and they'll have 72 hours to respond.

Thanks Everyone! :) Good Luck!

I think the most impressiv thing about that Projektor is the impressiv video-qualaty from a near or far distance.

Would be great for movie watching parties!

That Projector would be epic for gaming and watching movies. 

This projector would be amazing for late night gaming.

My room is small, so this is the perfect projector for me!!

Never seen a projector marketed to be a mobile solution before, I'm sure it would be a dream both in a home setup and hotel rooms when on the go!

This projector looks amazing and will do an absolute PERFECT job in my house ! I'm inviting a lot of friends to play or wartch movies and it would be awesome to have one of these !

This is really nice, The idea to reflect the image off a mirror in the back is genius, at first i thought the projector would have to be elevated. This allows for more places to project, and the size is just right. Just think of all the split screen games you could play in the back yard off the side of your house, or even an outside movie. 

Looks like a winner, I would love to take this for a spin...I currently have an old projector but the bulb life is only 2000 hrs so I can only use it intermittently.  This would be an awesome setup to have.

Good promo video guys! Love it - this would be so cool have. Perfect for a long and narrow living room! 

Thanks LTT and LG for hosting the giveaway! 

Its is a very nice projector, when you think about the sizes and bad quality of alot of other projectors

Looks super cool would be a great upgrade from my broken Optoma PK301.

Project Backpack short was cool too.

Man I'd love to be able to take that projector downtown and get some random peeps playing smash on the side of one of the buildings. It'd be legendary.

Crazy how a small portable projector like that could make an image so big... Amazing.

Sadly one of my desktop screen has bit the dust so having this ultra compact, easily movable projector will come in hand to play my games on..... but now it will be 60" to 100" of full length delight to play with... I mean on! ;)