LG PF1000U Ultra Short Throw Projector Giveaway

i really like its shot distance to the wall. sometimes it is just not possible to move further away with the projector.

first i was like is that the guts of an old projection tv then i was like oh damn son ive been hoping for something like this for a while

looks so cool, want one to watch linus WAN show and movies on it :)

Current Rig: Intel core i7 4770K Stock 4.5G, Asus Maximus VI Hero, Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz 16Gb (8Gx2), 2x SLi Gigabyte Geforce GTX 670 2Gb GDDR5 3X Windforce Edition, Corsair Hydro Series H100i (Push), JDS LABS O2/ODAC combo, Fiio E18 KUNLUN, Asus Xonar Essence STX (secondary PC), Sennheiser HD700, Hifiman HE 400i, Beyerdynamics DT 990 PRO 250 Ohm, Sennheiser HD 518, Cooler Master Silent Pro M2 850W 80+, Cooler Master CM 690 II Advanced, Samsun4g DVD R/W Combo, 3X Cooler Master 120mm Blue LED fans, LG IPS 23EA73, Logitech G710 BLUE, BlackWidow Ultimate 2013 Edition,Logitech G402 HYPERION FURY, Bloody Core V7, SteelSeries QcK Mass MiBR mouse pad

LG has already been wonderful and gifted me with an LG 34UC87C from the UltraWide Festival so I'd like to gift this to a friend who's currently using two 17" non-HD monitors So that he can have a great gaming experience.

I've been wanting one of these short throw projectors since I saw the guy on Techmoan do a project with it.

Looks really cool!

Also I loved the short film!

Jesus Christ, this projector is freaking crazy and sick. I never knew how amazing projectors could be and how good they can look. Guess this proved me wrong!

Hope I win!

The PF1000U projector looks so cool! My house has a recessed alcove that this would be perfect for. It is like magic that it can work so close to the wall, the price for a new one is actually not too bad either. Wow it has a bulb life of 30,000 hours, so basically the bulbs will live longer than this HipOldGuy! (based on 4 hours of use a niight, the bulbs not me).

Great video and product!

Thanks Lunus and LG!

/Hip

Making it project backwards is brilliant, even if its 4 inches away from the wall it has no problems projecting a big screen!  

I like it would work nicely in my room or basement since I only have shitty tv's to use as my screens. Could even use that as a lan party throw around to impress your friends 

what can i say... best thing ever. especialy ultra short throw. wow!!! :D

Very cool alternative to a TV. Nice that you could have a living room setup without a TV and then pull that out for movies/games when needed.

This would be awesome paired with/affixed to a Mini-ITX Shuttle-style build, with this unit incorporated on top to be an all-in-one portable "gaming theater" box. And because you could route all the cables efficiently to hide them, you would only need one cord out the back - the power cord. Just plug it in and start gaming! The truest definition of "Plug and Play."

Awesome work LG, and awesome video Linus!

On 7/9/2016 at 7:48 PM, CPotter said:

To coincide with tonight's video release, LG has given us two units of their PF1000U Short Throw Projectors to giveaway! This will be a worldwide giveaway with no age restrictions, see below for entry details.

PF1000U

Purchase Link: http://bit.ly/29tAdg7

To enter the giveaway:

1. Comment below, tell us your thoughts about the PF1000U projector.

2. Go say hi and give LG a follow over on Twitter: https://twitter.com/LGUS

*Entries close on 7/16/2016. 

The winner will be announced randomly, and you'll see their names edited into the bottom of this post. I will also DM the winners, and they'll have 72 hours to respond.

Thanks Everyone! :) Good Luck!

Can you use as a Tv.

The filming of this video was incredible! Plus that projector would make a great replacement for my old RCA one...

[22:56] <Rehclip> Goddamnit hes right? Or goddamnit you're still on the computer chatting on IRC while your house is ablaze?

it looks really good can fit anywhere as far as i can see it would be really nice to watch some movies and play some games with my friends (don't forget the private "videos" that you have stashed somewhere) and i could take it anywhere i want .... 

I like the idea of having a projector that I could put very close to the wall, would definitely make things easier for anyone who uses a projector on a regular basis.

I really look forward to when projectors become nearly as good as tv's and just as affordable. For 1400 dollars though. I'd rather win it in a giveaway.

This seems like it would be cool for an apartment media center; you could get a huge screen for a fraction of the price of some of the large screen TVs. Just imagine this sitting on a table with a few consoles and HDMI switcher, with a sound bar nearby, that would be epic.

Awesome! That kind of optics would be so awesome! :o

Sweet looking projector, have been considering an upgrade to my 42" Samsung from, oh, 7 years ago.

The new projector from LG looks awesome, the size of the projection is also great for the price and the quality looks extremely good too!