Python 3.5 removing punctuation

So I've seen some things on stack overflow and such on how to remove punctuation from a string, but I think I'm missing something. I just need to remove things like commas, quotation marks, slashes, etc. I can't really seem to figure out a good way to do it other than the obvious replace them all individually with "". So is there a good way to do it that someone can explain to me?

7 minutes ago, Lunar Evolution said:

So I've seen some things on stack overflow and such on how to remove punctuation from a string, but I think I'm missing something. I just need to remove things like commas, quotation marks, slashes, etc. I can't really seem to figure out a good way to do it other than the obvious replace them all individually with "". So is there a good way to do it that someone can explain to me?

I think there's a function you can use to check if a character is alphanumeric. If it isn't, replace with "".

replacing each with "" is the correct way to do it

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Simply iterate through the array and check against unwanted characters. Replace with "" and your done.

CPU: Intel i7 - 5820k @ 4.5GHz, Cooler: Corsair H80i, Motherboard: MSI X99S Gaming 7, RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB DDR4 2666MHz CL16,

GPU: ASUS GTX 980 Strix, Case: Corsair 900D, PSU: Corsair AX860i 860W, Keyboard: Logitech G19, Mouse: Corsair M95, Storage: Intel 730 Series 480GB SSD, WD 1.5TB Black

Display: BenQ XL2730Z 2560x1440 144Hz

3 hours ago, Enderman said:

replacing each with "" is the correct way to do it

I found ways that seemed to use something to do with the .translate() function or things similar. Is that incorrect?

3 minutes ago, Lunar Evolution said:

I found ways that seemed to use something to do with the .translate() function or things similar. Is that incorrect?

never heard of .translate()

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

22 minutes ago, Lunar Evolution said:

translate would work fine, which one is faster will depend on your data.

Spoiler

str = "it's bit me. I'm good"

print str.replace("'", "")

no code tags as I'm in my phone.

¸„»°'´¸„»°'´ Vorticalbox `'°«„¸`'°«„¸
`'°«„¸¸„»°'´¸„»°'´`'°«„¸Scientia Potentia est  ¸„»°'´`'°«„¸`'°«„¸¸„»°'´