My buddy has a ton of 360 Digital games, now plays on Xbox 1. How do I legally borrow his digital games?

Joe Brainer

I'm seeing some methods that definitely work, but what are the legalities of it? Is there a legal way in Microsoft's terms that I can borrow his digital games? Obviously not playing the same digital file in two places at once. Games that he never plays and never will play. Those are the ones I am referring to. 

4 minutes ago, Techkalakosis said:

I'm seeing some methods that definitely work, but what are the legalities of it? Is there a legal way in Microsoft's terms that I can borrow his digital games? Obviously not playing the same digital file in two places at once. Games that he never plays and never will play. Those are the ones I am referring to. 

I dont believe there is any legal way no

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

"How can I legally do something that this entity doesn't want me to do?"

WELL...

I guess, "Legally" he could be logged into his account at your house while somehow not being at your house.

Or he could take a trip down the stairs, and coincidentally have his games written to go to you in his will.

I believe if he signs in on your system and transfers his digital content rights you can download the games, then I believe you can continue to play them after he recovers his account to his system, but they have to be downloaded with his account on your system. legality, iffy, but it should work...I think

desktop

Spoiler

r5 3600,3450@0.9v (0.875v get) 4.2ghz@1.25v (1.212 get) | custom loop cpu&gpu 1260mm nexxos xt45 | MSI b450i gaming ac | crucial ballistix 2x8 3000c15->3733c15@1.39v(1.376v get) |Zotac 2060 amp | 256GB Samsung 950 pro nvme | 1TB Adata su800 | 4TB HGST drive | Silverstone SX500-LG

HTPC

Spoiler

HTPC i3 7300 | Gigabyte GA-B250M-DS3H | 16GB G Skill | Adata XPG SX8000 128GB M.2 | Many HDDs | Rosewill FBM-01 | Corsair CXM 450W

3 minutes ago, Cyracus said:

I believe if he signs in on your system and transfers his digital content rights you can download the games, then I believe you can continue to play them after he recovers his account to his system, but they have to be downloaded with his account on your system. legality, iffy, but it should work...I think

That's what I keep seeing, but then I see something about getting banned. I don't know the entire stipulations of it though. From this point, "transfers his digital content rights." sounds like he will no longer own that game because the rights have been given to another console. So it sounds perfectly fair and legal. But it's M$. They gotta make a buck on everything so pushing those buttons is iffy. 

well the rights are linked to his account and can only be linked to one system at any time, and this would put his games on your console without his account so really not legal, but haven't heard about banhammering over it before, they may have cracked down on it because $ (I mean I understand indie games it's a bigger problem but big devs don't really take a hit, but it's really all about the big devs and M$ 's cut)

desktop

Spoiler

r5 3600,3450@0.9v (0.875v get) 4.2ghz@1.25v (1.212 get) | custom loop cpu&gpu 1260mm nexxos xt45 | MSI b450i gaming ac | crucial ballistix 2x8 3000c15->3733c15@1.39v(1.376v get) |Zotac 2060 amp | 256GB Samsung 950 pro nvme | 1TB Adata su800 | 4TB HGST drive | Silverstone SX500-LG

HTPC

Spoiler

HTPC i3 7300 | Gigabyte GA-B250M-DS3H | 16GB G Skill | Adata XPG SX8000 128GB M.2 | Many HDDs | Rosewill FBM-01 | Corsair CXM 450W

Why not just borrow his console?  I feel like you're making a mountain out of a molehill.  Have you never borrowed a CD or DVD/Bluray from some one?   Just play the games and move on with your life. 

4 minutes ago, TheBestUserName said:

Why not just borrow his console?  I feel like you're making a mountain out of a molehill.  Have you never borrowed a CD or DVD/Bluray from some one?   Just play the games and move on with your life. 

He lives 1 hour behind me. About 1100 miles. 

I know this works for the xbox 1.  What you do is you have him give you his account info, sign in to your xbox with his account.  Go to setting and then set his account to your xbox as his home xbox. You will then be able to access all the Digital Content his account has and all he has.  Afterwards sign into your account and you are good to go.