flying on a airplane next week

DominicNikon
27 minutes ago, paps511 said:

If you have a Gear VR, bring that! Private movie theater!

does it work with a galaxy s5?

18 minutes ago, connorpiper said:

The TV is. When you connect to the WiFi you can only visit southwestwifi.com which will give your your flight time, speed, and approximate location. Plus the TV. They have like 10 channels. 

I flew 12+ hours with southwest just 2 weeks ago. 

Internet is fine, They have almost everything but music. 

1 minute ago, The_Askinator said:

Internet is fine, They have almost everything but music. 

think i would be fine with out buying wifi?

Just now, DominicNikon said:

think i would be fine with out buying wifi?

Yes, just make sure you have a window seat or a book.

ENCRYPTION IS NOT A CRIME

4 minutes ago, straight_stewie said:

Yes, just make sure you have a window seat or a book.

could i watch movies and stuff on my phone?

53 minutes ago, DominicNikon said:

whats the cheapest you can find a gear vr?

I've flown quite a lot over the years, most recently London to Tokyo (12+ hours) during which a friend tried VR and was ill for the duration of the flight.

And there is really nothing to worry about when flying, it's actually one of the safest things you can do apparently because of all the safety procedures in place. You'll be fine! :)

1 minute ago, 4ndrew said:

I've flown quite a lot over the years, most recently London to Tokyo (12+ hours) during which a friend tried VR and was ill for the duration of the flight.

And there is really nothing to worry about when flying, it's actually one of the safest things you can do apparently because of all the safety procedures in place. You'll be fine! :)

how did your friend fall ill doing vr?

6 minutes ago, DominicNikon said:

how did your friend fall ill doing vr?

I think the combination of jet lag and some really bad turbulence gave him really bad motion sickness when trying to use VR. He was alright once we got back on the ground though, I think he gets motion sick quite easily anyway and the disconnect between what he was seeing and feeling made it worse... :)

Just now, DominicNikon said:

could i watch movies and stuff on my phone?

Totally, but they will tell you when it's "safe". Pretty much expect to be able to use your electronics almost immediately after takeoff until right before decent to land. The stewardesses/stewards will announce when it's "safe" to use your electronics. Make sure to use airplane mode. If you don't your phone will actively be trying to search for a signal the entire time and that will lead to increased battery drain. The stewardesses/stewards will tell you that anyway during taxi to takeoff. I promise, they spell out all the rules very clearly during flight over the cabin speakers. 

Just pay attention when they talk, and bring anything to do while in the air and you'll have an amazing time. Flight is only second to intimate relationships in "the most awesome things humans can experience". It will be great, (this is coming from someone whose hands were literally shaking in nervousness during his college orientation. I'm the most anxious person you could ever talk to) I promise.

ENCRYPTION IS NOT A CRIME

34 minutes ago, straight_stewie said:

Totally, but they will tell you when it's "safe". Pretty much expect to be able to use your electronics almost immediately after takeoff until right before decent to land. The stewardesses/stewards will announce when it's "safe" to use your electronics. Make sure to use airplane mode. If you don't your phone will actively be trying to search for a signal the entire time and that will lead to increased battery drain. The stewardesses/stewards will tell you that anyway during taxi to takeoff. I promise, they spell out all the rules very clearly during flight over the cabin speakers. 

Just pay attention when they talk, and bring anything to do while in the air and you'll have an amazing time. Flight is only second to intimate relationships in "the most awesome things humans can experience". It will be great, (this is coming from someone whose hands were literally shaking in nervousness during his college orientation. I'm the most anxious person you could ever talk to) I promise.

im going to have my noise canceling headphones on so how would i know  that there talking? also is it hard to get up and go the bathroom if you in the window seat?

1 hour ago, DominicNikon said:

im going to have my noise canceling headphones on so how would i know  that there talking? also is it hard to get up and go the bathroom if you in the window seat?

You ask the person next to you to move. It is easier if you sit next to people you know, or just take the isle. 

5800X3D - RTX 4070 - 2K @ 165Hz

Pretty much what others have said. Sit down. Be bored for several hours. Make sure you bring your cellphone with some downloaded movies or music. Turbulence is normal. The plane is not going to break. Get to your flight early in case of traffic or a backup at security.

Gaming - Ryzen 5800X3D | 64GB 3200mhz  MSI 6900 XT Mini-ITX SFF Build

Home Server (Unraid OS) - Ryzen 2700x | 48GB 3200mhz |  EVGA 1060 6GB | 6TB SSD Cache [3x2TB] 66TB HDD [11x6TB]

And, Usually at the Southwest terminals, Security isn't that bad and you should be getting in and out fast and easily.

4 minutes ago, The_Askinator said:

For sure, Southwest will keep you entertained, If you're desperate, Download some Youtube videos or pirate some content onto your device.

i would pirate some movies but time warner cable stalks what we do on the internet and i cant find a torrent friendly free vpn.

1 minute ago, DominicNikon said:

i would pirate some movies but time warner cable stalks what we do on the internet and i cant find a torrent friendly free vpn.

It's fine, Just download some Youtube videos or download directly? Regardless, I had neither and I was pleasantly entertained.

2 minutes ago, The_Askinator said:

It's fine, Just download some Youtube videos or download directly? Regardless, I had neither and I was pleasantly entertained.

how do you download youtube videos? what do you mean by download directly?

how do you download youtube videos? what do you mean by download directly?

Just google: "Youtube to MP4" or whatever file format, Than just follow the directions on the website.

Downloading directly means you download DIRECTLY from the computer/server. Unlike how a torrent works.

Just google: "Youtube to MP4" or whatever file format, Than just follow the directions on the website.

Downloading directly means you download DIRECTLY from the computer/server. Unlike how a torrent works.

so it skips a torrent? would timewarner still flag me tho?

May have already been mentioned, but statistically planes are much safer than cars so if you're not afraid of driving, then you shouldn't be afraid of flying either.

48 minutes ago, DominicNikon said:

so it skips a torrent? would timewarner still flag me tho?

No, But it's quite hard to pirate in that mode, I suggest if you're THAT desperate, You can always use your friends internet but I would just suggest that if you have a creepy internet provider, Just go download Youtube videos or something, If you're like rich or whatever, You can go buy the internet, But you won't be watching Netflix or anything like that due to the restrictions in place. You'll learn that Southwest is for the Middle-Class Americans and not for the Upper Class, If you ARE Middle-Class, You can:

• Buy a digital copy
  • F*ck Timewarner and pirate that movie
  • Use a slow VPN
  • Pay for a fast VPN
  • Buy a movie In-Flight (Quite expensive and not worth it.)
  • Tell your friend to pirate the movie and put it on a removable HDD or SSD.
  • Not get bored

Good Luck!

9 minutes ago, The_Askinator said:

No, But it's quite hard to pirate in that mode, I suggest if you're THAT desperate, You can always use your friends internet but I would just suggest that if you have a creepy internet provider, Just go download Youtube videos or something, If you're like rich or whatever, You can go buy the internet, But you won't be watching Netflix or anything like that due to the restrictions in place. You'll learn that Southwest is for the Middle-Class Americans and not for the Upper Class, If you ARE Middle-Class, You can:

• Buy a digital copy
  • F*ck Timewarner and pirate that movie
  • Use a slow VPN
  • Pay for a fast VPN
  • Buy a movie In-Flight (Quite expensive and not worth it.)
  • Tell your friend to pirate the movie and put it on a removable HDD or SSD.
  • Not get bored

Good Luck!

i cant find any vpn that is torrent friendly even slow ones. tunnel bear doesnt allow torrenting 

i cant find any vpn that is torrent friendly even slow ones. tunnel bear doesnt allow torrenting 

Well, Oh well, I had nothing and the In-Flight entertainment was fine, Forget about flying and enjoy your destination as my dad would say! :)

Well, Oh well, I had nothing and the In-Flight entertainment was fine, Forget about flying and enjoy your destination as my dad would say! :)

btw i own a ton of movies and i dont know what i would torrent any way lol

2 minutes ago, DominicNikon said:

Well, Just look outside and enjoy the trip, It's not every day you sit in a flying metal tube.

21 minutes ago, DominicNikon said:

rip em to your phone or something then!

LTT's Fastest 9800gt

LTT Forum Beginners Guide