flying on a airplane next week

DominicNikon

All i have to say is don't look at them wings because they'll be wobbling like crazy if there is turbulence and you'll be shitting bricks. 

On 7/9/2016 at 0:48 AM, AppleWhizzer said:

All i have to say is don't look at them wings because they'll be wobbling like crazy if there is turbulence and you'll be shitting bricks. 

They are designed to flex, so you'd see this regardless of turbulence. 

CPU || Ryzen 2700x @ 4.3ghz  Motherboard || ROG Strix B450F  RAM || 16GB TridentZ 3600 B-Die  GPU || ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti  Case || Thermaltake V71 RGB  Storage || Intel 760p 240GB + Intel 535 480GB SSD + 1TB WD 7200RPM HDD  PSU || Corsair HX850i  Cooling || Corsair H110i GTX  Keyboard || Corsair K70  Mouse || Logitech G502 Proteus  Sound || Bose Companion 5  Operating System || Windows 10 Pro

2 hours ago, Purgent said:

Yes but if you have a fear of flying all different stuff will be going through your head......

2 hours ago, Purgent said:

Apparently the 757 is also known for flex down the length of the body due to it being rather thin and long

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

10 hours ago, stconquest said:

Does no one sleep?  I plan to sleep during flights.

I can never sleep during flights. Been on one flight. The most terrifying experience in my life. I never understand how people can sleep during flights...

Nothing.

11 hours ago, stconquest said:

Does no one sleep?  I plan to sleep during flights.

I've slept before, maybe for an hour or two, but that is usually on the way back home from vacation, never going to. You tend to be more excited to leave your place then to come back. Most planes have movies that just came out, so that's another reason to stay awake.

CPU i5 3570k MOBO Asus Maximus Gene V GPU Asus DCUII 670 CASE Corsair 350D (windowless) SSD Crucial M550 256GB msata CPU COOLER Noctua NH-D14 RAM Corsair XMS3 8GB 1600mhz PSU Corsair AX750 Display Asus PB287Q 4K (my review on it http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/380533-journey-into-4k-goodness-asus-pb287q-review/) & Asus VH236H 1080P

Keyboard Logitech G710+ MX Brown Mouse Logitech G502 (my review on it http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/299464-logitech-g502/ )

Proud owner of a BlackBerry Q10.

9 minutes ago, deVIZtation said:

I've slept before, maybe for an hour or two, but that is usually on the way back home from vacation, never going to. You tend to be more excited to leave your place then to come back. Most planes have movies that just came out, so that's another reason to stay awake.

I spent my whole ride from Toronto to London watching movies not even out in Canada yet xD 

He who asks is stupid for 5 minutes. He who does not ask, remains stupid. -Chinese proverb. 

Those who know much are aware that they know little. - Slick roasting me

Spoiler

AXIOM

CPU- Intel i5-6500 GPU- EVGA 1060 6GB Motherboard- Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H RAM- 8GB HyperX DDR4-2133 PSU- EVGA GQ 650w HDD- OEM 750GB Seagate Case- NZXT S340 Mouse- Logitech Gaming g402 Keyboard-  Azio MGK1 Headset- HyperX Cloud Core

Offical first poster LTT V2.0

Yeah, I remember my last trip, I saw the new X-men, and that just came out in theaters a couple weeks prior to my flight.

CPU i5 3570k MOBO Asus Maximus Gene V GPU Asus DCUII 670 CASE Corsair 350D (windowless) SSD Crucial M550 256GB msata CPU COOLER Noctua NH-D14 RAM Corsair XMS3 8GB 1600mhz PSU Corsair AX750 Display Asus PB287Q 4K (my review on it http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/380533-journey-into-4k-goodness-asus-pb287q-review/) & Asus VH236H 1080P

Keyboard Logitech G710+ MX Brown Mouse Logitech G502 (my review on it http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/299464-logitech-g502/ )

Proud owner of a BlackBerry Q10.

Some people are mean! Even if in an oddly good humored sort of way. I've never flown before so I have no advice to give. I'm just going to throw in here that, statistically, as many know, it is safer to fly than to drive. Have a great trip!

I work in the aviation sector, and fly regularly. For starters, air travel is safer than driving, as aircraft undergo very strict mechanical phases/maintenance and regulations. They are also piloted by professionals with thousands of hours of experience. Ticket prices usually reflect the talent that particular airliner hires. Delta is one of the best in North America in terms of experience, while budget airlines are farther down the list, but are by no means inexperienced.

Bring noise cancelling headphones. They all work about the same, from my 1000 USD aviation grade headset to my 300 USD pair. The noise is already comfortable in large commercial aircraft, but I just use them to lose myself in my music, and is more for the occasional crying baby. Don't be too shocked when you discover a lack of leg room. It's airline, aircraft, route and section dependent of coarse. But It tends to bother me more than most, as I'm use to having the whole plane to myself. Bring entertainment in addition to those noise cancelling headphone, books and newspapers are great too, or just try to sleep. Airplane mode just tells your phone to stop wasting energy searching for a cellular signal. It's more a courteous thing than an interfere with ATC radio communications thing, but service usually drops out around 8,500-10,000 AMT anyway.

Modified Raijintek Metis Mini-ITX Case Build:

Gigabyte Z170N-Wifi Motherboard  |  Intel i5-6600K 3.5 GHz CPU  |  16GB DDR4 2133MHz RAM  |  EVGA GTX 950 |  Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD  | Silverstone ST45SF-G 450W  |  Noctua NH-D9L CPU Cooler  |  (3) Noctua NF-F12 Case Fans

You will probably enjoy a bag of Doritos on your flight which you can buy from the airport after you go through TSA. You can also get a bottle of orange juice to go alongside that bag of Doritos.

Things Southwest does that no other airline does:

• No food, Just roasted Peanuts or tasty Pretzels.
  • You get free soda and soft drinks, You can ask them for a can if you really need it.
  • Hot chocolate is only served during the month of December. (Maybe January also I think)
  • They only have Economy Class
  • No reserved seating
  • If you're traveling with family and you're a kid, Try to skip/cut the line and get onto the plane during Boarding group A, Just make sure the attendant doesen't see your boarding group. (Thug Lyfe) (This works all the time, It's 100% free) (Just act like a confused snowflake)
  • Sit by the wing, It has the least amount of turbulence and is the most cool part to sit by.
  • Window Seat
  • Bring headphones/earbuds
  • Loud music during takeoff

If your flight gets delayed or cancelled, Make sure to print this website out and show it to the gate attendant, Read it also, This will save you boatloads of money and time and will make you happy.

Amazing thread. Poor OP is probably gonna need some therapy after this.

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

7 hours ago, TheSuspect said:

I can never sleep during flights. Been on one flight. The most terrifying experience in my life. I never understand how people can sleep during flights...

7 hours ago, SteveGrabowski0 said:

This guy is me on flights xD

7 hours ago, deVIZtation said:

I have stayed awake, slept part of the way and slept all the way through (80% + of the trip)...

Sleeping is so damn nice:

1.  Get settled.

2.  Fall asleep.

3.  Arrive with no perception of time spent in the air.  :P

On 7/6/2016 at 11:20 PM, SamStrecker said:

You are more likely to die driving to the airport then on the plane.

Damn, dying twice.

CPU: Intel i5 3550           | Cooler: Corsair A50          | Motherboard: Asus P8Z77      | Storage: Crucial MX200 250GB |

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB   | GPU: GTX 1650                | Case: NZXT H440 (Red/Black)  | PSU: EVGA 650W G2            |

2 hours ago, stconquest said:

I have stayed awake, slept part of the way and slept all the way through (80% + of the trip)...

Sleeping is so damn nice:

1.  Get settled.

2.  Fall asleep.

3.  Arrive with no perception of time spent in the air.  :P

The only time I can get any sleep is on overseas flights, since you kind of have to when you're in a plane for 15 hours and since on overseas flights they give free beer and free wine.

I've been flying on airplanes about twice every year since I was born (18 years) and never once had a problem with possibly dying.  Also they tell you to turn things to airplane mode because it interferes with the pilots speaking to the air traffic control but bluetooth and stuff should be fine.  I usually just keep everything off or airplane mode until we are in the air just to be respectful and so the flight attendants don't bitch.

i5 12600k | ASRock Z690M-ITX 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200MHz | EVGA 2080 Super Black | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB + 980 1TB | Corsair RMx 650W | Thermaltake Tower 100 White

20 minutes ago, Gamessys said:

I've been flying on airplanes about twice every year since I was born (18 years) and never once had a problem with possibly dying.  Also they tell you to turn things to airplane mode because it interferes with the pilots speaking to the air traffic control but bluetooth and stuff should be fine.  I usually just keep everything off or airplane mode until we are in the air just to be respectful and so the flight attendants don't bitch.

so i can use my bluetooth headset and watch

4 minutes ago, DominicNikon said:

so i can use my bluetooth headset and watch

Yes you can but don't try it when taking off or landing becaus the flight attendants will tell you to put it away.

i5 12600k | ASRock Z690M-ITX 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200MHz | EVGA 2080 Super Black | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB + 980 1TB | Corsair RMx 650W | Thermaltake Tower 100 White

I think bluetooth can be used when flying since they do not interfere with ATC, unlike mobile network or wi-fi, but you should turn them off and don't use any device while taking off and landing

Also keeping yourself occupied while flying (reading books like me, sleeping, playing games, etc.) is the best way to get over fear of flying, and please don't talk about accident here, flying is actually the safest method of transportation here

Scarlet KnightIntel Core i3 6100 || Antec A40 Pro CPU Cooler || MSI Z170A Gaming M5 || Kingston HyperX 16GB DDR4-2133MHz || Samsung 850 Evo 120GB || Seagate Barracuda 1TB || Gigabyte G1 Gaming R9 390X 8GB || Seasonic M12II 620W || In Win 503 || Corsair Strafe || Steelseries Kinzu V3 MSI Edition || Dell UltraSharp U2414H || Xiaomi Alumunium Mouse Pad (S)

#Gadget: 

Phone: BlackBerry Classic Q20, Samsung Galaxy Note 4 S-LTE SM-N916S

Console: PlayStation 4 500GB CUH-1206A

Tablet: iPad Air 2 16GB Wi-fi Only

Laptop: MSI GE62 (i7 4720HQ || 8GB DDR3 || NVIDIA GTX960M || Samsung 650 EVO 120GB + 1TB HDD)

In-ear Monitor: Xiaomi Piston 3.0

24 minutes ago, Gamessys said:

Yes you can but don't try it when taking off or landing becaus the flight attendants will tell you to put it away.

so when taking off and landing i need to take my watch off?

No no just don't look like you're doing anything and you'll be fine.

15 minutes ago, GarnetDevil said:

I think bluetooth can be used when flying since they do not interfere with ATC, unlike mobile network or wi-fi, but you should turn them off and don't use any device while taking off and landing

Also keeping yourself occupied while flying (reading books like me, sleeping, playing games, etc.) is the best way to get over fear of flying, and please don't talk about accident here, flying is actually the safest method of transportation here

what about watching movies? btw @SamStreckeron page 1 sent me 4 videos of planes crashing.