My first build!

Dwood180
4 minutes ago, Dwood180 said:

Well I'm all up and running....kinda. I just need to work out how to install all the drivers for the mobo and GPU since I don't have a disc drive and I can't seem to connect to wifi

Well you need to go on another PC and get drivers for your wifi device ... copy on USB and plug in new PC.

Intel i7 12700K | Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X DDR4 | Pure Loop 240mm | G.Skill 3200MHz 32GB CL14 | CM V850 G2 | RTX 3070 Phoenix | Lian Li O11 Air mini

Samsung EVO 960 M.2 250GB | Samsung EVO 860 PRO 512GB | 4x Be Quiet! Silent Wings 140mm fans

WD My Cloud 4TB

I'm going to have a similar build but I don't know if I go for i7 6700k or 6850k.

1 hour ago, Raijin said:

I'm going to have a similar build but I don't know if I go for i7 6700k or 6850k.

Depends on your budget and what you will use it for.

Looks great! 

[spoiler=Blue^3http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/388528-blue3/ I5 4690k | Asrock Z97 Pro4 mATX | RAM: Corsair Vengeance (2x4GB) Blue Edition and Corsair Vengeance (2x4GB) Black Edition | GPU: XFX DD R9 390x | PSU: Corsair AX760 | SSD: Samsung 840- 120GB | Hard Drives: 2x1TB WD Blue | Watercooling Kit: XSPC Raystorm 240 

2 minutes ago, ManOfGold93 said:

Looks great! 

Thanks! It's still a working progress though. I'm still waiting for the water cooling parts to arrive. They are apparently shopping tomorrow or the day after the I can set up my custom loop :)

Looks Great! Looking forward to seeing the loop. I'm starting a build in that case next week. 

5 hours ago, Crowned01 said:

Looks Great! Looking forward to seeing the loop. I'm starting a build in that case next week. 

It's a awesome case, I love it!

On 11/07/2016 at 11:29 AM, Raijin said:

If all you want to do is game, then 6700k outperforms the latter, however if you are going to be using any cpu intensive applications then obviously the X99 platform is the way to go.

7800x3d - RTX 4090 FE - 64GB-6000C30 - 2x2TB 990 Pro - 4K 144HZ

PCPP: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/mdRcqR

Now for the leak test. I'll post more photos tomorrow once I put everything back together as long as I don't have any leaks.

image.jpg

12 hours ago, Dwood180 said:

Now for the leak test. I'll post more photos tomorrow once I put everything back together as long as I don't have any leaks.

image.jpg

May i recommend moving the tube from the rad to the pump behind the motherboard tray? Not that it affects performance or anything, but that long tube is a bit of an eyesore if i do say so myself. Otherwise, great build and i hope she serves you well in the future!

1 hour ago, Carl2608 said:

May i recommend moving the tube from the rad to the pump behind the motherboard tray? Not that it affects performance or anything, but that long tube is a bit of an eyesore if i do say so myself. Otherwise, great build and i hope she serves you well in the future!

I think I will do that when I do a flush out, it does stand out a bit.

Still need to get a mouse pad and some headphones but this is how it looks so far :) I'm pretty impressed with it since it's my first ever build.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

You have come up with very similiar build that I have ordered. (Love it) Does the Gaming Pro Carbon feel like nice board? Any problems with any of your parts?

42 minutes ago, MadG4mer said:

You have come up with very similiar build that I have ordered. (Love it) Does the Gaming Pro Carbon feel like nice board? Any problems with any of your parts?

It's a great board, no issues at all with anything so far. It's a great system and the case looks amazing! I'm thinking of getting some LED strips to light the case up inside a bit more.

3 minutes ago, Dwood180 said:

It's a great board, no issues at all with anything so far. It's a great system and the case looks amazing! I'm thinking of getting some LED strips to light the case up inside a bit more.

I have ordered Hue+ for my build and Arduino+WS2812 lights to do some custom lighting. 

2 hours ago, MadG4mer said:

I have ordered Hue+ for my build and Arduino+WS2812 lights to do some custom lighting. 

The Hue+ looks pretty good

Had a play around with overclocking and this seems to be as high as I can get it stable.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg