Is there really a difference between office and gaming chairs?

I was wondering if we do not take looks into consideration where of course they are different is there really a difference between an office and a gamer chair? I mean they are both made for people sitting down in front of a computer for extended periods of time, and will be the only thing they are used for so i cannot see what kind of a difference there might be. Am i missing something here?

1 minute ago, AresKrieger said:

The word gaming, the price, and likely added color accents. Otherwise they are likely equally good for sitting.

One thing I see is flexibility between gaming and office. You're very limited in "configuring" it to your liking.

Also, bulk. As they are comfortable office chairs usually are quite big and your aren't sitting in an optimal position as gaming chairs offer. Back issues are a thing for me ( yes I am only 15 ) but my current issue with my office chair as it was comfortable when I got it, it has worn out, cushions are now flat and it hurts my back.

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

2 minutes ago, DarkBlade2117 said:

snip

They make adjustable office chairs, they're more money than base models for sure but I honestly find stuff branded for gamers to either be inferior or have a large markup, though I'm sure the company is what matters more in this case than anything.

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

4 minutes ago, AresKrieger said:

They make adjustable office chairs, they're more money than base models for sure but I honestly find stuff branded for gamers to either be inferior or have a large markup, though I'm sure the company is what matters more in this case than anything.

I'm fine with spending $200 on a chair, max though. I'd never spend the $400-$500 some of these chairs cost.

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

It depends, it's all about having the correct and healthy position to stay on a computer for several hours. There are lots of office/executive chairs that feature good sit posture, lumbar support, configurable lengths/heights and are well built. Most premium gaming chairs also feature all this stuff, so it's up to: What you can find, and at what price.

Personally I'd look for a good executive chair that can support my body keeping good posture in mind. Gaming chairs would make me look like a kid. 

Since I am currently looking for a new chair to sit around all day the differences I noticed is simply the whole "gamer" label and color difference with gaming chairs when honestly a $40 to $60 office chair i find at IKEA and Frys seems as comfortable, small, and adjustable to say a DX racer and whatever else is gamer branded.

The woes of not waiting to buy a GPU when new releases hit soon.