Are companies like ubisoft really allowed to take down keys bought from g2a?

Bluebeano

It's not illegal,  right? The keys weren't stolen so I still should be able to keep it

Just to clarify,  I haven't had any keys taken away but I've heard of people who have

CPU: Intel Core i5 4690 3.5GHz

Motherboard: Asus Z97-P DDR3 ATX

RAM: Kingston HyperX Savage 8GB 2400MHz

GPU: Palit Geforce GTX 1060

Case: Zalman Z9+

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM HDD, SK Hynix 256GB SSD

PSU: SuperFlower Golden Green HX 550W

5 minutes ago, Bluebeano said:

It's not illegal,  right? The keys weren't stolen so I still should be able to keep it

Just to clarify,  I haven't had any keys taken away but I've heard of people who have

They issue is that the keys sold may have been obtained in a fraudulent manor. Meaning that stolen credit cards were used to purchase the keys and then resold on sites like g2a for profit to the seller/s. That is where the issue in turn lies mostly. You did not do anything wrong personally, it was how the key was obtained and sold to you that may be the issue. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

If your car got stolen, and the robber sold it to an unknowing person, wouldn't you want your car back?

7 minutes ago, Bluebeano said:

Sometimes the keys on G2A ARE Stolen

they use a fake credit card to buy keys, and ubisoft never get paid, sometimes it COSTS them money when they get keys stolen

so you could be using stolen keys

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Ahh the stolen CC Fairytale again. ?

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

5 hours ago, Praesi said:

Ahh the stolen CC Fairytale again. ?

Fairytale? 

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

On 7/4/2016 at 5:56 AM, Bluebeano said:

The way you obtained the key is not illegal, but the way the key was obtained from Ubisoft might have been. You have no right to keep stolen property even if you're not the one who stole it.

On 4. 7. 2016 at 11:56 AM, Bluebeano said:

Even if they do, G2A still has to give you another key or refund you.

Sample Text ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I think they should be able to take down the key due to it being their game that may have been stolen and not paid for. it like if some sell you a stolen bike doesn't mean that it yours 100% it the person that it got stolen from so they should have the right to give it back.

Ubisoft: Victim 

You: Buyer

G2a: Middleman

seller: Thief 

this how i think it  goes in my opinion 

CPU: Intel Core i7-6700k @4.6  COOLER: Dark Rock 3 | MOBO: MSI Sli Plus Z170 | GPU: GTX 970 Ftw  | RAM: Crucial ballistix @2400MHz (16gb) (8GB) | SSD: ADATA SP550 (240GB) HDD: Seagate 1tb & 2tb  | PSU: Corsiar 600W | Case: Anidees crystal cuvbe lite Display 1x: Asus VG248QEKeyboard: Coolermaster Tk | Mouse: Logitech G502 | Sound: Blue Yeti Blackout,beyerdynamic dt 770 pro & Logitech z200

4 hours ago, Sir_TechMonkey said:

I think they should be able to take down the key due to it being their game that may have been stolen and not paid for. it like if some sell you a stolen bike doesn't mean that it yours 100% it the person that it got stolen from so they should have the right to give it back.

Ubisoft: Victim 

You: Buyer

G2a: Middleman

seller: Thief 

this how i think it  goes in my opinion 

In that arrangement, I am also the victim, unwittingly buying a stolen product, and having it taken away

CPU: Intel Core i5 4690 3.5GHz

Motherboard: Asus Z97-P DDR3 ATX

RAM: Kingston HyperX Savage 8GB 2400MHz

GPU: Palit Geforce GTX 1060

Case: Zalman Z9+

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM HDD, SK Hynix 256GB SSD

PSU: SuperFlower Golden Green HX 550W

On ‎10‎/‎07‎/‎2016 at 4:20 PM, Bluebeano said:

In that arrangement, I am also the victim, unwittingly buying a stolen product, and having it taken away

Yea but the image of G2a these days has turned very negative, unless you have been living under rock for a year you high chance of knowing the company has a history of been a selling platform of stolen goods not all but some.

I use g2a sometimes to get a good deal but when a company been accused of selling stolen keys on multiple occasion, my liking of the company has gone down, but if I see a really good deal on game I am likely to buy it from that site.

I honestly feel if you are a buyer you are still a buyer of illegal goods do to you have high chance knowing about the situation of company, for being a selling platform stolen good do to the giant media coverage, I understand if you do it once or twice and you maybe the victim but you should start researching sites that are shade like G2a.

That just my opinion.

CPU: Intel Core i7-6700k @4.6  COOLER: Dark Rock 3 | MOBO: MSI Sli Plus Z170 | GPU: GTX 970 Ftw  | RAM: Crucial ballistix @2400MHz (16gb) (8GB) | SSD: ADATA SP550 (240GB) HDD: Seagate 1tb & 2tb  | PSU: Corsiar 600W | Case: Anidees crystal cuvbe lite Display 1x: Asus VG248QEKeyboard: Coolermaster Tk | Mouse: Logitech G502 | Sound: Blue Yeti Blackout,beyerdynamic dt 770 pro & Logitech z200

On 10/07/2016 at 11:20 AM, Bluebeano said:

Sometimes (most of the time really) life isn't fair, though. Valuable life lesson.

Yes, companies deactivate keys ALL the time after they've been detected to be fraudulent. It happens ALL the time. 

G2A in this case would be responsible for the refund.

Never buy from G2A, CDKeys, etc.. 

They're all shady and unreliable. 

It's not worth my time for the potential bullshit.

Spoiler