Hello to all creative minds!

Hey!
Just want to introduce myself real quick:
My name's Jan-Niclas, I tend to be called Janni though.
I'm a hobby musician from germany with indian roots at the age of 18 years. I also do some sketching, a little bit of photoshop as well as less than mediocre video editing.
As for my musical activities, I mostly produce Deathstep and Chillstep, two subgenres of Dubstep, but I can basically do everything as I got over 6 years of experience. I'm in the process of learning to play the guitar and I play some piano as well.
In case you are interested to hear my stuff just search for "Endevie" on Soundcloud and YouTube, all of you who watch some sWooZie every once in a while will probably already have heard something I did ;)
Enough about me though! Let's hear about your creative work, I'd really love to know what this community is up to musically and otherwise creatively!

I do drawings and stuff sometimes, I upload this stuff to DeviantArt occasionally. I also like programming and often write down my ideas for games that I want to make. Right now I am working on a little game which I plan on releasing sometime this century.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

I've been drumming for about 8 years now. I like to think im pretty good at it, tho i've never really recorded something. Im not even in a band or something, i just play it because i like hitting things lol.

Welcome!

giphy.gif

I'm also a hobby musician. I have played piano on/off for 23 years, guitar and bass for 16 years and drums for about 8 years.

I have played in a varity of bands throughout the years, but I have mainly played in death - and black metal bands. 

My ventures into electronic music have been futile to put it mildly.I simply haven't been able to compose anything of substance. 

I have dabbled in drawing, paitning and sculpting, and I'm currently training to do tattooing. 

There is a long way to go, but maybe some day...

I also do enjoy knitting and crocheting, but I don't know how creative that is.

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

6 hours ago, Minibois said:

I do drawings and stuff sometimes, I upload this stuff to DeviantArt occasionally. I also like programming and often write down my ideas for games that I want to make. Right now I am working on a little game which I plan on releasing sometimes this century.

hit me up if you need a voice actor! I've wanted to do this for a while now and I mean, I got a decent mic and some pop killers ^-^

3 hours ago, RollinLower said:

I've been drumming for about 8 years now. I like to think im pretty good at it, tho i've never really recorded something. Im not even in a band or something, i just play it because i like hitting things lol.

I would be drumming too, but as for now I'm fine with my Launchpad, haha. I've tried drumming once and it requires some skill, that's something I've noticed immediately. But yeah, I like hitting things as well ^-^

4 minutes ago, Volbet said:

Welcome!

giphy.gif

I'm also a hobby musician. I have played piano on/off for 23 years, guitar and bass for 16 years and drums for about 8 years.

I have played in a varity of bands throughout the years, but I have mainly played in death - and black metal bands. 

My ventures into electronic music have been futile to put it mildly.I simply haven't been able to compose anything of substance. 

I have also dabbled in drawing and paitning, and I'm currently training to do tattooing. 

There is a long way to go, but maybe some day...

Wow, that's a damn long time! How old are you if I may ask? :)
As for the genre of your bands, I'd need a mentor for some pretty easy yet kick as guitar riffs to use in my tracks, haha
And tattooing, wow, that's pretty cool! I want to get a tattoo as well, but at first I'd need a better body, haha. I always think of it that way: If I am overweight and get the tattoos and then get skinny, the tattooing will shrink as I do and it might look weird. However if it gets bigger, it might even look better, haha

2 hours ago, Endevie said:

Wow, that's a damn long time! How old are you if I may ask? :)
As for the genre of your bands, I'd need a mentor for some pretty easy yet kick as guitar riffs to use in my tracks, haha
And tattooing, wow, that's pretty cool! I want to get a tattoo as well, but at first I'd need a better body, haha. I always think of it that way: If I am overweight and get the tattoos and then get skinny, the tattooing will shrink as I do and it might look weird. However if it gets bigger, it might even look better, haha

I'm 28. 

My mom began teaching me piano when I was 5, and I decided to teach myself guitar and bass when I was 12.

Drums pretty much came as a necessity, since most bands always seems to lack a drummer

Tattoos can end up looking weird with rapid changes in body size, but going from big to small is much better than going from small to big. 

And if the change is slow, then the tattoo usually come out looking completly fine.

This is one of the reason my wife isn't having any more children.

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

well, i tried guitar for a few months 2 years ago, was getting good but life got it its way of completing the course. always wanted to damn play hotel California on my own with a guitar.

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

1 hour ago, Endevie said:

hit me up if you need a voice actor! I've wanted to do this for a while now and I mean, I got a decent mic and some pop killers ^-^

I'll keep you in mind, but the game I'm working on is not going to have any voice acting so can't use any of it for this project :) 

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/