YouTube Implements Ads on Top of Video?

LynWildwood

Just clicked on Linus' new video and noticed that they've implemented a large, banner style ad at the top of the video. I've never minded ads on videos because I know that they help YouTubers and keep YouTube free for us to use. But an ad of that size at the top seems a little obnoxious to me.

What are your thoughts?

Well while I do support certain youtubers, addblock plus is kinda awesome.

Is this the real life? Or is this just fantasy?

Well while I do support certain youtubers, addblock plus is kinda awesome.

I think that ADblock is bad, Linus and other youtubers need to eat too.

Remember if you use adblock, Linus will always look you in the bad way.... :P

post-2255-0-96676300-1380784081.gif

(Linus is not in a picture)

the implementation of ads by google is done poorly - the short and simple adds linus does on his videos are great (short and simple and most of all Relevant to the video)

I would rather give linus a donation or buy a shirt then deal with poorly done ads 

Its all about those volumetric clouds

attachicon.gifa83G8sU.gif

he is fine with if you support him in a different way.

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

he is fine with if you support him in a different way.

thats my thoughts if he runs a chip in run once a quarter I would be fine donating, cant wait for the store too

Its all about those volumetric clouds

thats my thoughts if he runs a chip in run once a quarter I would be fine donating, cant wait for the store too

i cant stand ads. i hate them, but i did donate 10 dollar to him, i dont mind paying for stuff i enjoy, as long as i think its not asking for ridiculous amounts of money.

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

attachicon.gifa83G8sU.gif

looks like his/her name is Libby.... Libby, Linus... Close enough??  :D

I'm joking Linus please don't kill me... Most people do say you bring the sex appeal to LMG.

<p>Mobo - Asus P9X79 LE ----------- CPU - I7 4930K @ 4.4GHz ------ COOLER - Custom Loop ---------- GPU - R9 290X Crossfire ---------- Ram - 8GB Corsair Vengence Pro @ 1866 --- SSD - Samsung 840 Pro 128GB ------ PSU - Corsair AX 860i ----- Case - Corsair 900D

I don't really mind, since I use adblock anyway. I am not going to watch a ~20 second commercial before the video, then a ~10 second commercial in the video and then have the entire screen around the video filled with ads. If Linus doesn't like me doing that then too bad for him. I white list some sites that doesn't have annoying ads (like Anandtech is a good example of this, ads only take up a very small portion of the screen, and when you scroll down you don't see any ads anymore).

A website I often browse has a pretty cool idea about ads. They have a client called H@H and while you run it, you start hosting some of the images on the site. The more you help host the site, the more of their virtual currency you get. One of the perks you can buy with this currency is the ability to remove ads on the site. So on that website I did that.

Ads on youtube have never really bothered me, I would rather support the content that I enjoy than block ads.

Case: Corsair C70 GunMetalBlack, CPU: Intel 3570k, Mobo: Asus p8z77-v lx, CPU Cooler: BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 2, RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz lp, Video Card: Asus HD7950 DC2 Top V2, SSD: Samsung 840 pro, HDD: one Seagate 2TB Barracuda, PSU: BeQuiet! Dark Power pro 10 650w, Monitor: Dell UltraSharp u2412m, Keyboard: CoolerMaster QuickFire tk (Brown Switches), Mouse: Steelseries Sensei raw, Sennheiser HD 558

Not more ads youtube :(

Rig CPU Intel i5 3570K at 4.2 GHz - MB MSI Z77A-GD55 - RAM Kingston 8GB 1600 mhz - GPU XFX 7870 Double D - Keyboard Logitech G710+

Case Corsair 600T - Storage Intel 330 120GB, WD Blue 1TB - CPU Cooler Noctua NH-D14 - Displays Dell U2312HM, Asus VS228, Acer AL1715