How much would GTX 1080 Ti and GTX Pascal Titan cost?

Webkitnote

chiphellpascal.png

This is where I got information from. Now this could be total lie (which is 50% of the case). But let's assume this to be remotely real.

GTX 1080 has MSRP of 700$.

How much would

GTX 1080 Ti be? 1200$?

And Titan? 2000$?

Any guesses?

(if you're about to tell on how it's about to change, and you shouldn't trust anything on the web, blablabla blablablablabla blabla, that wasn't the question, go away, don't waste your time).

i'd guess the ti will be around 750-800 and the 1080 will get cheaper

i7 4790K | 4.5ghz @1.19v / 1080 ti strix oc  / Asus Z97 Pro Gamer  / 970 Evo 500GB | 850 Evo 500GB / Corsair 780t white|window  

PG279Q | VG248QE/ Corsair ax860i   /   Corsair H110i GTX   /  Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB 2400mhz /

2 minutes ago, McHox said:

i'd guess the ti will be around 750-800 and the 1080 will get cheaper

Has that happened on 780 and 780 Ti? And 980 and 980 Ti?

No HBM2 thats sad to see.

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

1 minute ago, The Benjamins said:

No HBM2 thats sad to see.

I think 480GB/s is good enough :D

5 minutes ago, Webkitnote said:

yep

i7 4790K | 4.5ghz @1.19v / 1080 ti strix oc  / Asus Z97 Pro Gamer  / 970 Evo 500GB | 850 Evo 500GB / Corsair 780t white|window  

PG279Q | VG248QE/ Corsair ax860i   /   Corsair H110i GTX   /  Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB 2400mhz /

4 minutes ago, Webkitnote said:

It hasn't happened because the previous cards had a sensible price and the reference models were actually reference even in price. It will happen unless nvidia havethe desire to shoot themselves in the foot.

4 minutes ago, Webkitnote said:

I think 480GB/s is good enough :D

There are plenty of games that are bottlenecked by ram speed. the Fury line shows that in some tests.

1 minute ago, The Benjamins said:

There are plenty of games that are bottlenecked by ram speed. the Fury line shows that in some tests.

Proof? Link? Anything? I find it hard to believe that transporting 60 frames per second just from pure VRAM is bottlenecking the game.

dsc_0188.jpg

i'll need an athlon XP 2600+, a crappy cpu heatsink, a gaming mouse, an old keyboard, and two sticks of ram.

/s

until the cards actually ship we'll have little to no idea of what price will be.

28 minutes ago, Webkitnote said:

Proof? Link? Anything?

there's also games that get bottlenecked by a PCIe 3.0 16x connection.

bad programming isnt a measurement for what technology is capable of.

23 minutes ago, Webkitnote said:

yes

the titan will come first and I suspect $1500 with no price drops

1080ti will come with a fonders addition at $900 or $999 and the rest 1080 will drop $100, 1070 will drop $50

CPU: Intel i7 5820K @ 4.20 GHz | MotherboardMSI X99S SLI PLUS | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz | GPU: Sapphire R9 Fury (x2 CrossFire)
Storage: Samsung 950Pro 512GB // OCZ Vector150 240GB // Seagate 1TB | PSU: Seasonic 1050 Snow Silent | Case: NZXT H440 | Cooling: Nepton 240M
FireStrike // Extreme // Ultra // 8K // 16K

5 minutes ago, manikyath said:

well, i could tell you they'll probably be around the price point of the 980ti and titans of yesteryear, but truth is no one here has any certainty of what's gonna happen.

i mean, i doubt anyone predicted the 6950x to go all the way up there to the $1800 price point.

the thing about the glass orb posts is that in every thread talking about unannounced upcoming hardware we're basicly doing just that. we have no certainty other than the history of the company, and the hazy smoke in the crystal ball of unconfirmed leaks.

"we're doing just that", "we" as in "you"?

You know what, I learned my lessons from previous topics. I won't engage into discussion with you, it's pointless, you got LTT staff on your side anyways, so I'm off. Nice that IP.Board features ignore function. I don't need to be bothered with your bull.

2 minutes ago, Webkitnote said:

"we're doing just that", "we" as in "you"?

You know what, I learned my lessons from previous topics. I won't engage into discussion with you, it's pointless, you got LTT staff on your side anyways, so I'm off. Nice that IP.Board features ignore function. I don't need to be bothered with your bull.

umm... to be honest this topic is kind of pointless because it's just shooting wild guesses in the air,

if you want to fantasize about things there's youtube and wccftech comment section, facebook for that or something, that's why probably... or maybe use the status update

CPU: Intel i7 5820K @ 4.20 GHz | MotherboardMSI X99S SLI PLUS | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz | GPU: Sapphire R9 Fury (x2 CrossFire)
Storage: Samsung 950Pro 512GB // OCZ Vector150 240GB // Seagate 1TB | PSU: Seasonic 1050 Snow Silent | Case: NZXT H440 | Cooling: Nepton 240M

16 minutes ago, Webkitnote said:

Proof? Link? Anything? I find it hard to believe that transporting 60 frames per second just from pure VRAM is bottlenecking the game.

FuryX scales better from 1440 to 2160 then the 980TI, VRAM holds more then just frame buffer. the high res textures load faster to be processed and stuff. On a high end card like the 1080TI I would want the best stuff.

http://www.anandtech.com/show/9390/the-amd-radeon-r9-fury-x-review/15

15 minutes ago, DXMember said:

umm... to be honest this topic is kind of pointless because it's just shooting wild guesses in the air,

Nobody forces you to answer. I already mentioned it.

41 minutes ago, Webkitnote said:

(if you're about to tell on how it's about to change, and you shouldn't trust anything on the web, blablabla blablablablabla blabla, that wasn't the question, go away, don't waste your time).

Specifically:

41 minutes ago, Webkitnote said:

go away, don't waste your time).

If you don't like to topic, why bother? Do you like "ruining" people's day, like that furry over there?

14 minutes ago, The Benjamins said:

FuryX scales better from 1440 to 2160 then the 980TI, VRAM holds more then just frame buffer. the high res textures load faster to be processed and stuff.

http://www.anandtech.com/show/9390/the-amd-radeon-r9-fury-x-review/15

Yes, but where's the bottleneck in VRAM speed?

4 minutes ago, DXMember said:

yes
the titan will come first and I suspect $1500 with no price drops
980ti will come with a fonders addition at $900 or $999 and the rest 1080 will drop $100, 1070 will drop $50

if you want to fantasize about things there's youtube and wccftech comment section, facebook for that or something, that's why probably... or maybe use the status update

reading trough it, i'm guessing you're basing your guesses off the 900 series prices, each card shifted up one price bracket?

also, i'm not here to give people the answer they want, i'm here to give people the answer they need so they arent disappointed. if they dont want to hear it its their loss, and all i can do is avoid random visitors from facing the same fate ;)

1 minute ago, Webkitnote said:

Yes, but where's the bottleneck in VRAM speed?

Higher VRAM amount and speed help with resolution scaling as far as i know. 

3 minutes ago, manikyath said:

reading trough it, i'm guessing you're basing your guesses off the 900 series prices, each card shifted up one price bracket?

yeah I'm basing it on the previously 600, 700, 900 series and the 10 series new pricing structure...

honestly now that I think about it $999 for a 1080ti fonders addition might be underestimated, lol

1 minute ago, DXMember said:

yeah I'm basing it on the previously 600, 700, 900 series and the 10 series new pricing structure

i feel like there's a chance the 10 series will drop down in price a bit once AMD catches up, since they're not even near the same performance bracket as the 1080 right now. seeing the RX480 i have good hopes, but only time will tell.

14 minutes ago, Webkitnote said:

Nobody forces you to answer. I already mentioned it.

Specifically:

If you don't like to topic, why bother? Do you like "ruining" people's day, like that furry over there?

Because speculating is what ruins companies. Why the fuck is the RX 480 getting so much hate. Because the damn community hyped it up to be in line with a fucking Fury or 980 when AMD only compared it ( and they just said $500 Gpu no names ) to them in VR. THE only other hate is the power. The GTX 1060 is going to be hyped and blah blah.

Oh and your ignorant post of "LTT Mods on your side" is funny. A few people with 5,000+ post have been banned.

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

7 minutes ago, DarkBlade2117 said:

Because speculating is what ruins companies.

False marketing does.

Why the fuck is the RX 480 getting so much hate.

Because they told us that it performs as GTX 1080 in Ashes of Singularity. Maybe instead of cherry-picking the title, they should make wide testing. If they would show benchmarks from other games, that's a different story. It's their fault, not communities.

Oh and your ignorant post of "LTT Mods on your side" is funny. A few people with 5,000+ post have been banned.

I wonder why just few. You just confirm it. I guess it didn't hurt to make another account, eh furry? Another muted kiddo with superiority complex :D. It's funny how you decide who is ignorant and who not. Maybe if you weren't hypocrite, things would've worked out better.

4 minutes ago, DarkBlade2117 said:

Because speculating is what ruins companies. Why the fuck is the RX 480 getting so much hate. Because the damn community hyped it up to be in line with a fucking Fury or 980 when AMD only compared it ( and they just said $500 Gpu no names ) to them in VR. THE only other hate is the power. The GTX 1060 is going to be hyped and blah blah.

i specificly liked the part where he called me "that little furry"

while he has no idea of my background at all :P

i mean, i doubt we have a sports car and an astronaut in the thread ;)

--

on topic: wouldnt so much say "ruins companies" as it is a very effective means of creating disappointment.

once an expectation is set, it can only be met (neutral) or not met (disappointment/negative)

if the entirety of the tech world would learn to take these kinds of leaks with a dose of sanity we havent had many disappointing releases in the past few generations.

pre-post EDIT: is he saying i got banned and a new account? o.O someone needs a day off and a breather...

2 minutes ago, Webkitnote said:

False marketing does.

Because they told us that it performs as GTX 1080 in Ashes of Singularity. Maybe instead of cherry-picking the title, they should make wide testing. If they would show benchmarks from other games, that's a different story. It's their fault, not communities.

I wonder why just few. You just confirm it. I guess it didn't hurt to make another account, eh furry? Another muted kiddo with superiority complex :D

Wow, I think I'll mark this as funny after I submit. They claimed it in AoS, which is not AMD biased. It simply utilizes something AMD implements in their GPUs that NVIDIA slaps on with a band aid aka drivers. Also, it was CROSSFIRE not a single 480. Beyond that, they didn't falsely claim anything.

You act like NVIDIA has never falsely marketed something. 66C? Hmm haha.

Only a few have because they were acting like childish 8 year olds doing nothing but making comments that are completely fucking useless in every thread or arguing with other forum members to the point of harassment, you see, people with high post don't do stupid enough shit to get banned. The ones with less post like less than 500 are still quite new and usually don't know how things fully work yet.

I certainly push the limits of the rules but you have to also know. A while back well over a dozen people with 2,500-10,000 post were temp banned for 2 weeks for arguing with how the forum was managed, including myself.

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

With the 1080ti cost a 1k, I don't think it will attract the mainstream. It will be pretty niche. Not sure Nvidia wanna go this route.

A ti card should be around 650USD MSRP. ( The insane "founders edition gonna cost around 799$)

Probably it aim gonna be maxing out everything at 4K.

4 minutes ago, YongKang said:

With the 1080ti aim gonna be maxing out everything at 4K.

at cinematic 23.5 FPS