Tesla Model - S Catches fire

IronMarauder

The issue was with a faulty part GM installed that part and it caused other issues within the engine. I don't care what amount of time it takes to fix the issue, GM fucked up and should have to absorb the costs.Obviously oil leak is not a good thing and it can really mess things up. The fires were really rare but what wasn't rare were all of the other issues that ensued after that. GM was just lazy, admit it. They released an inferior product that they claimed to stand by but failed their customers by ignoring the real issue. People wonder why the american motor industry has went down hill. I mean GM has gotten a lot better at a lot of QC things but this would have never happened at Honda or Toyota, just sayin.

I edited my post above I suggest you read that.

PC Specs: CPU: Intel i7 4770K / CPU COOLER: Corsair H100i / Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120Gig and Seagate Barracuda 1Tb / Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming-7 / GPU: EVGA GTX 780 SC ACX / Power Supply: SeaSonic M12II 850watt / Case: Corsair 750D 680 Coaster

I edited my post above I suggest you read that.

I was gonna try to fix it myself but I ended up paying a mechanic about a grand to do this job. GM is a fucking mess. 3800 series II is a great engine but why the hell did they skimp on gaskets. 

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

I was expecting this. As has been stated before in this thread. Those batteries like to spontaneously combust.

As for the hypercars on fire in the other pictures. That's a tradition the lamborghini miura started^^ by spitting gas through the carburators and catching fire.

So they are just being all traditional about it :P

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

I was gonna try to fix it myself but I ended up paying a mechanic about a grand to do this job. GM is a fucking mess. 3800 series II is a great engine but why the hell did they skimp on gaskets. 

I don't really care to carry on with this conversation because this isn't the place if you care to hear more about why what you are completely over reacting to the situation pm me.

PC Specs: CPU: Intel i7 4770K / CPU COOLER: Corsair H100i / Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120Gig and Seagate Barracuda 1Tb / Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming-7 / GPU: EVGA GTX 780 SC ACX / Power Supply: SeaSonic M12II 850watt / Case: Corsair 750D 680 Coaster

I've had multiple recalls for my Honda Fit about different things they had to fix which could lead to causing the car to catch fire...

The most recent was basically 'The fix we did before wasn't sufficient to prevent fires'. It isn't just batteries that catch fire, anything electrical can.

I don't really care to carry on with this conversation because this isn't the place if you care to hear more about why what you are completely over reacting to the situation pm me.

I'm not overreacting at all actually. I'm pretty past it at this point. I was just trying to give example of what is ailing the american car industry. TY for the banter and I appreciate your input :)

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

I find it ironic that the engine marketed as "Fireball" had a slight issue with catching fire. Still a pretty good engine all things concidered^^

"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

I'm not overreacting at all actually. I'm pretty past it at this point. I was just trying to give example of what is ailing the american car industry. TY for the banter and I appreciate your input :)

I wasn't trying to be rude if it came across that way. Just giving input as somebody that worked from the other side of things.

I wasn't trying to be rude if it came across that way. Just giving input as somebody that worked from the other side of things.

Nah, I didn't get that vibe. I have 2 uncles that are mechanics and one uncle that has worked for 3 different GM manufacturing plants and he can tell you that GM was in some serious trouble for a long time. He is currently retired (just retired this year) but he has a lot of inside information and first hand experience when it comes to the shortcuts GM takes ( and Ford too)

I'm not by any means an expert but I have many times listened what that man had to say (he is quite the talker) and he knows his stuff.

Hail Sithis!

Its a waste of money and time thats what it is. It takes alot of time to replace the gasket. Mechanics get paid a 10th of what they normally get for recall work so if theres a way to do it quicker they will do it. And if it fixes it who cares its fixed. Oh also should I mention I worked at my local Chevrolet dealer and doing that particular job is a days work. you have to remove the manifold itself along with everything attached to it whether it be carburated or fuel injection along with all the air fuel system. Then clean the gasket surface down make sure its smooth install it reseal it the reinstall and fine tune everything thats sits on top which varies depending on the car. My point is is that it takes 20 minutes to move the wires or multiple days to do the complete job because you have to order all the new gaskets and get paid a mere fraction of what you would if it werent a recall.

on cars with timing belts it's not too bad of a job.. when it comes to dual timing chains then it gets a bit worse.

But still. Getting a few recall jobs is good for the local mechanics^^

Nah, I didn't get that vibe. I have 2 uncles that are mechanics and one uncle that has worked for 3 different GM manufacturing plants and he can tell you that GM was in some serious trouble for a long time. He is currently retired (just retired this year) but he has a lot of inside information and first hand experience when it comes to the shortcuts GM takes ( and Ford too)

I'm not by any means an expert but I have many times listened what that man had to say (he is quite the talker) and he knows his stuff.

Fords new stuff is really hit or miss.

on cars with timing belts it's not too bad of a job.. when it comes to dual timing chains then it gets a bit worse.

But still. Getting a few recall jobs is good for the local mechanics^^

I hated recall jobs got paid 10$ an hour by the dealer ship because its a recall they make no money on it. I normally made 90-100$ an hour for that type of job so in reality nobody likes them. You don't like them because its an issue with your car, I dont like them because I make a whole lot less money, and the company I worked for lost money.

Fords new stuff is really hit or miss.

Yeah sadly, the new Fusion is actually really great. The only issue I had with it is the Sync system kind of blows. But other than that it's a really awesome car with great styling.

Hail Sithis!

I hated recall jobs got paid 10$ an hour by the dealer ship because its a recall they make no money on it. I normally made 90-100$ an hour for that type of job so in reality nobody likes them. You don't like them because its an issue with your car, I dont like them because I make a whole lot less money, and the company I worked for lost money.

Thought GM payed for it....

Hail Sithis!

Yeah sadly, the new Fusion is actually really great. The only issue I had with it is the Sync system kind of blows. But other than that it's a really awesome car with great styling.

Ya... The transmissions in the focus's have a bad stuttering issue and you have to get the back half replaced every 6 months or so because they don't have a real fix they don't even know whats causing it they just know its the back half of the tranny. Ford isn't willing to do anything other than that about it. But hey its covered under warranty and you get a free rental from them. At least they'res some kind of complete fix for the issue you had. 

Thought GM payed for it....

The immediate funds come out of the dealerships pocket. They get a refund back from GM or whoever it may be yearly in what was my case.

The immediate funds come out of the dealerships pocket. They get a refund back from GM or whoever it may be yearly in what was my case.

That seems inefficient.

Hail Sithis!

In fairness to Tesla, its the first one EVER. Plenty of other cars have caught fire before and have had other problems. We'll just have to see how this plays out.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forgo their use, and by some other means to give us knowledge which we can attain by them. - Galileo Galilei
Build Logs: Tophat (in progress), DNAF | Useful Links: How To: Choosing Your Storage Devices and Configuration, Case Study: RAID Tolerance to Failure, Reducing Single Points of Failure in Redundant Storage , Why Choose an SSD?, ZFS From A to Z (Eric1024), Advanced RAID: Survival Rates, Flashing LSI RAID Cards (alpenwasser), SAN and Storage Networking

That seems inefficient.

Now do you see why dealerships drop like flies that hit a bug zapper?

Ya... The transmissions in the focus's have a bad stuttering issue and you have to get the back half replaced every 6 months or so because they don't have a real fix they don't even know whats causing it they just know its the back half of the tranny. Ford isn't willing to do anything other than that about it. But hey its covered under warranty and you get a free rental from them. At least they'res some kind of complete fix for the issue you had. 

My cousin's dad bought her a focus (spoiled bitch) and she bragged and bragged about. She said my car was shit because it was GM and a month after she got it (Brand new 2011 BTW) The transmission shit the bed. Her dad is the biggest Ford fan ever and it was great to see them eat their words.

Is the Fusions transmission similar to the Focus? I know their are AWD/FWD variants of both. (Focus has a RWD version too but not in the US I believe)

Hail Sithis!

Now do you see why dealerships drop like flies that hit a bug zapper?

In my area there are at least 25 Major dealerships within 10 miles. A lot of small ones too, but slowly but surely they are dying off. 

Hail Sithis!

In fairness to Tesla, its the first one EVER. Plenty of other cars have caught fire before and have had other problems. We'll just have to see how this plays out.

Yeah this is what I was thinking. they are built exceptionally well.

Hail Sithis!

Many cars catch fire, its sadly a bit common.Its normally due to the rad fans not activating when it heats up. The technology in how the fans work is cool but unreliable.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Wow.. That's.. When a dealership i worked for got recall jobs our rates did not change. it just meant we had some extra work to be done..

My cousin's dad bought her a focus (spoiled bitch) and she bragged and bragged about. She said my car was shit because it was GM and a month after she got it (Brand new 2011 BTW) The transmission shit the bed. Her dad is the biggest Ford fan ever and it was great to see them eat their words.

Is the Fusions transmission similar to the Focus? I know their are AWD/FWD variants of both. (Focus has a RWD version too but not in the US I believe)

Those transmissions are only in newer focus's. The rear wheel drive is in some of the sport editions.