Can I dual monitor with a Tv and a monitor?

OnionRings

Or does it have to be 2 tvs or 2 monitors or a pair? I have a monitor and a TV and until I can get a second monitor I want to use my TV as a second one so I can load up stream comments or w/e else I might need while gaming in fullscreen on my monitor. How would I do this?

Please Quote me when replying.
CPU
 - Ryzen 7 5800X3D | RAM - 32GB DDR4 4000Mhz | MB - MSI B550 A-PRO | Boot - 2TB NVME 980 Evo Plus | GPU - EVGA FTW3 RTX 3090 24GB

yes you can just plug it in and it will work

its just a display

you might need to change some of the TV display settings to get it to look good though

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

As long as they have inputs your graphics card supports, sure. Your PC doesn't care whether what you're plugging in to is a TV or a Monitor, it just sends signal over the cable that's plugged in to it.

1 minute ago, forthe48 said:

As long as they have outputs your graphics card supports, sure. Your PC doesn't care whether what you're plugging in to is a TV or a Monitor, it just sends signal over the cable that's plugged in to it.

Ok but how I'm a dumbass, I have my monitor in my GPU as my main display so I tried running an hdmi to my mobo to the tv but got no signal, do both chords have to be in the GPU? Can you not do 1 chord mobo 1 chord gpu? I'm new to this whole thing sorry.

CPU
 - Ryzen 7 5800X3D | RAM - 32GB DDR4 4000Mhz | MB - MSI B550 A-PRO | Boot - 2TB NVME 980 Evo Plus | GPU - EVGA FTW3 RTX 3090 24GB

1 minute ago, OnionRings said:

Ok but how I'm a dumbass, I have my monitor in my GPU as my main display so I tried running an hdmi to my mobo to the tv but got no signal, do both chords have to be in the GPU? Can you not do 1 chord mobo 1 chord gpu? I'm new to this whole thing sorry.

When you plug in a graphics card, your motherboard's onboard graphics are disabled. So no, you cannot plug one into the motherboard, one into the GPU.

If your GPU doesn't have the plugs you need, then look for an adapter. They make adapters for just about every kinda cable anymore it seems like.

1 minute ago, forthe48 said:

When you plug in a graphics card, your motherboard's onboard graphics are disabled. So no, you cannot plug one into the motherboard, one into the GPU.

If your GPU doesn't have the plugs you need, then look for an adapter. They make adapters for just about every kinda cable anymore it seems like.

Ok thanks, I just need to get an adapter then, my 370 has 1 hdmi 1 display port and then 2 dvi (don't know the types) so what would be the best bet, a display to hdmi adapter?

CPU

1 minute ago, OnionRings said:

Ok thanks, I just need to get an adapter then, my 370 has 1 hdmi 1 display port and then 2 dvi (don't know the types) so what would be the best bet, a display to hdmi adapter?

Either DisplayPort or DVI to HDMI should be fine, I think. I personally use a DVI to HDMI cable to plug in to a TV that works well for me, but whatever you can get should work.

It's what i do and it works just fine.

Error 404 humor not found.

2 minutes ago, OnionRings said:

yes get a DVI to HDMI adapter they use the same signals so the adapters will be cheaper with very little loss in quality it.

Thanks then fellas, appreciate the help! By the time I have any money for the adapter though I'll probably just nab a second monitor with display port or something, I thought I could dual monitor for free lol. (Well technically you can but not me)

CPU

3 minutes ago, OnionRings said:

Thanks then fellas, appreciate the help! By the time I have any money for the adapter though I'll probably just nab a second monitor with display port or something, I thought I could dual monitor for free lol. (Well technically you can but not me)

Actually you can probably pick one up for under $10.

42 minutes ago, forthe48 said:

Unless you turn the iGPU back on in the BIOS (OBS Quicksync encoding).

Main Gaming Rig:

Spoiler

Core i7-4770, Cryorig M9i Cooler, ASUS B85M GAMER, 8GB HyperX Fury Red 2x4GB 1866MHz, KFA2 GTX 970 Infin8 Black Edition "4GB", 1TB Seagate SSHD, 256GB Crucial m4 SSD, 60GB Corsair SSD for Kerbal and game servers, Thermaltake Core V21 Case, EVGA SuperNOVA 650W G2.

Secondary PC:

Spoiler

i5-2500k OCed, Raijintek Themis, Intel Z77GA-70K, 8GB HyperX Genesis in grey, GTX 750 Ti, Gamemax Falcon case.