Old soul?

Merc.

Does any of you feel like you are too old for your generation? Then the chances are you are an old soul.

I read an article about old soul traits and basically about 80% of them applied to me... 

I don't like any usual stuff that youngsters do, for instance Snapchat (Useless app), big music festivals (or whatever they are called where you lose your hearing) etc.

The problem is that I'm too different to others, not that is a bad thing, I like being different. I don't have any reason to present myself as something that I'm not.

Do you think this soul age thing is completely bullshit? Is there other people who consider themselves as old souls?

(Sorry I had to put another... I should maybe start writing a blog...)

King of Off Topic.

26 minutes ago, Merc. said:

Does any of you feel like you are too old for your generation? Then the chances are you are an old soul.

I read an article about old soul traits and basically about 80% of them applied to me... 

I don't like any usual stuff that youngsters do, for instance Snapchat (Useless app), big music festivals (or whatever they are called where you lose your hearing) etc.

The problem is that I'm too different to others, not that is a bad thing, I like being different. I don't have any reason to present myself as something that I'm not.

Do you think this soul age thing is completely bullshit? Is there other people who consider themselves as old souls?

(Sorry I had to put another... I should maybe start writing a blog...)

It's bullshit.

People are different. Period. You may enjoy things from many different ages. You might like classical music, and fashion from the Victorian era England, but that doesn't make you an old soul.

You're on LTT for god's sake, that means you love computers and technology, and that sure as hell isn't part of an old soul ;)

Lots of people don't identify with their particular generation. But there are people just like you out there. I recommend trying to find friends that have similar interests as you, or that also dislike Snapchat and "music festivals" (wtf? Music festivals have been around for centuries, unless you mean a specific kind of music festival, like a Rave or an EDM Festtival or a Rock Concert?).

I don't know how old you are, but assuming you're still in primary or high school, you still have lots of time to meet like minded individuals. College/University is generally the time when people like you, who felt "apart" from their generation, will start to find others just like them. Look online for forums or meetups with people of similar interests. You can often find local meetup groups that are interested in the same things, to meet new people and make friends.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Writing a blog sounds like a good idea...

I never liked the idea of ´soul age´. Although, I always prefered calling it ´mental age´. 

The idea of certain behavioral patterns belonging to a certain age group seems unfounded and it ultimatly comes off as an easy way to dismiss certain behavioral traits.

Most of us have probably gotten the "It's only a phase" - speech. 

For my money I would say that you should just act like you want to act. No behavior should be linked to your age. 

And if you look out into the world, then you'll probably realize that you aren't as special as you think. There are probably thousands people just like you in your own age group. 

Personally, I have always gotten to know that I'm acting very childish. 

I'm 28 and I still do enjoy going to festivals, concerts, raves, etc. 

Hell, I even play concerts every now and then. 

I also do enjoy going out drinking and spend some quality drunk time with my wife and friends. 

Now I have a child to take care of so I rarely get to do any of those things as of now, but I do enjoy going out when I get the opportunity. 

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

Eh, I think we usually call those people "hipsters".

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600X            | Cooler: Deepcool AK400      | Motherboard: B550 Elite AX V2  | Storage: Samsung 980 Pro 1TB  |

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB   | GPU: MSI RTX 3060 Ti        | Case: NZXT H440 (Red/Black)    | PSU: EVGA 650W G2             |

I agree with the people are different view. They just are. Age only makes relatable experiments a little more likely. We all live different things! 

Take snapchat. It depends how you use it. It can be great with close friends to share doodles or funny things you see on a hike. See what I mean? ;) 

Bleigh!  Ever hear of AC series? 

4 hours ago, Volbet said:

quality drunk time

lol

I used to be quite active here.

just be yourself, don't give a crap about what you're suppose to be.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

10 hours ago, dalekphalm said:

You're on LTT for god's sake, that means you love computers and technology, and that sure as hell isn't part of an old soul ;)

Yes. I am in LTT. But I'm mostly in off topic section :D

6 hours ago, Nup said:

Take snapchat. It depends how you use it. It can be great with close friends to share doodles or funny things you see on a hike. See what I mean? ;) 

I tried once and deleted the app after few hours. Waste of memory... There are other good social media apps like Facebook, instagram or whatsapp. 

King of Off Topic.

2 hours ago, Merc. said:

Yes. I am in LTT. But I'm mostly in off topic section :D

I tried once and deleted the app after few hours. Waste of memory... There are other good social media apps like Facebook, instagram or whatsapp. 

To each their own, at least you tried it. 

Bleigh!  Ever hear of AC series? 

i think one of filty franks video's applies here greatly. the one about 'being born in the wrong generation'.

TL;DR:

being an old soul is basically just bullshit. people are not going to like the same things. some people like new stuff, other people like old stuff. that has nothing to do with being an old soul. it has however, everything to do with being human, and being your own individual. which is basically what everybody is doing. 

so just because you dislike "all the things these youngsters do", it does NOT make you a special snowflake, and it does NOT make you an old soul.

/rant