Creative Sound Blaster Z, only left channel

Go to solution Solved by t0wer,

it sounds like it's not plugged in all the way.

if sennheiser is still using their huge barrel adapters, I'd look at a short cable adapter like this.

(just the first I saw, I'm sure there are cheaper out there)

http://www.amazon.com/Cable-Adapter-Female-6-3mm-3-5mm/dp/B008JGWY2Y/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1380748967&sr=8-2&keywords=grado+1%2F8%22+adapter

I just bought a Sound Blaster at Fry's becuase it was on sale and my FiiO E10 died. I figured if the FiiO is better I will return the sound card and get another one. I just installed it and downloaded the drivers, but with my Sennheiser HD 558s, I only get audio in the left channel. The Creative control panel, Windows sound control panel, and Foobar are all playing in the left channel only. Should I re-install the drivers, get a new one, or do something else?

Spoiler

it sounds like it's not plugged in all the way.

if sennheiser is still using their huge barrel adapters, I'd look at a short cable adapter like this.

(just the first I saw, I'm sure there are cheaper out there)

http://www.amazon.com/Cable-Adapter-Female-6-3mm-3-5mm/dp/B008JGWY2Y/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1380748967&sr=8-2&keywords=grado+1%2F8%22+adapter

Will work for electronic components and parts

Reviews: Meelec CC51P - Monoprice 8323 - Koss Porta Pros  - Shure SRH-440 - Shure SRH-550DJShure SRH-840 - Hifiman He-500 - iBasso D4 - o2 Amplifier  -  SkeletonDac

Thanks, I feel really stupid now  :P, the thumb screw wasn't all the way in so I couldn't plug it in properly.

Spoiler