Yamaha AV receiver VS Asus xonar Essence STX

Hey guys, 4 month ago i purchased a YAMAHA AV RECEIVER RX-V375 because i wanted to connect my pc and the stupid xbox 360 at the monitor with only one cable.

refer to image

ok now the problem is:

at april 2014 i want to build a new pc, and i thinked selling my bose and the av receiver, and buyng an Asus xonar STX and a the Corsair SP2500.

my question is:

the xonar will deliver me a much better sound quality via HEADPHONE ?

or is the same as the receiver ?

i came with that idea because i want a 2 display setup and the receiver will not be used for the video but only for the audio.

post-33219-0-59276300-1380725638_thumb.p

post-33219-0-06544900-1380725656_thumb.p

Intel3570k  at  4.5ghz 1.300v  Noctua NH-D14    Gigabyte Gtx 970 G1   AsrockZ77 Extreme 6/TB4     Corsair8Gb vengeance memory    120GB Corsair Force SSD     1TB WD black      NZXT Switch 810

Just keep your AVR and use optical from your motherboard to the AVR, upgrade your speakers if necessary. It should sound better than SP2500 set.

Onboard should be good enough for 558's, but if you really want to you could buy an e10, additionally if you do you could use the digital passthrough on that. 

Typically modern receiver headphone amps are kind of lame since most people don't care about them. Only the vintage ones have good quality amps, but it then again you're only using 558's. Use onboard for your headphones and then run optical or HDMI audio with monitor passthrough through the receiver and use either the onboard or receiver output depending on which sounds better to you. I would avoid going GPU -> Receiver -> Monitor if you can, it might cause problems with monitor detection or possibly increased latency. 

An STX would be a woefully poor investment, what you suggest would work but tbh it sounds like you're trying to downgrade. 

Error: 410

To me, receivers over sound cards any day. Way more options and benefits. 

Plus just having a receiver looks nice :)

Keep the receiver.

Rig CPU Intel i5 3570K at 4.2 GHz - MB MSI Z77A-GD55 - RAM Kingston 8GB 1600 mhz - GPU XFX 7870 Double D - Keyboard Logitech G710+

Case Corsair 600T - Storage Intel 330 120GB, WD Blue 1TB - CPU Cooler Noctua NH-D14 - Displays Dell U2312HM, Asus VS228, Acer AL1715

Thanks guys !! i will keep the receiver !

Intel3570k  at  4.5ghz 1.300v  Noctua NH-D14    Gigabyte Gtx 970 G1   AsrockZ77 Extreme 6/TB4     Corsair8Gb vengeance memory    120GB Corsair Force SSD     1TB WD black      NZXT Switch 810

Not only all of the above, but if you keep the reciever you will have the ability to plug in a turntable and listen to real music from vinyl :D :lol: ....

Nah, that's not for everybody...   true though B)

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Not only all of the above, but if you keep the reciever you will have the ability to plug in a turntable and listen to real music from vinyl 

I thought you were going to say, have the ability to plug in some real speakers.

but the turntable thing works too.

Will work for electronic components and parts

Reviews: Meelec CC51P - Monoprice 8323 - Koss Porta Pros  - Shure SRH-440 - Shure SRH-550DJShure SRH-840 - Hifiman He-500 - iBasso D4 - o2 Amplifier  -  SkeletonDac

I thought you were going to say, have the ability to plug in some real speakers.

but the turntable thing works too.

Well... I suppose being able to upgrade your speakers is a benefit :lol:

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.