Does your GPU sag?

Krzyimprt

Does your GPU sag? Curious as to what people used to combat a sagging GPU. Most creative Idea I saw yet was a lego guy on a small tower. Here's mine. 

5S2gkVG.jpg

Main: i7 2600 | ASUS P8Z68-V | 2x4GB Vengeance 1600 | GTX 580 | WD Blue 1TB | Antec TP-650C | NH U12S | W7 x64

Backup: X6 1090T | MSI K9A2 Platinum | 4x2GB XMS2 800 | GTX 550Ti | WD Blue 1TB |  Antec VP-450 | CM TX3 | W7 x64

4 minutes ago, Krzyimprt said:

Does your GPU sag?

Every GPU sags...

You can't violate the laws of physics. That's why people come up with those crazy ghetto solutions in the first place, to try and please physics a bit better.

Want to help researchers improve the lives on millions of people with just your computer? Then join World Community Grid distributed computing, and start helping the world to solve it's most difficult problems!

4 minutes ago, Krzyimprt said:

Does your GPU sag? Curious as to what people used to combat a sagging GPU. Most creative Idea I saw yet was a lego guy on a small tower. Here's mine. 

Nope Twist tie attached to the hdd cage 

CPU: Intel i7-4790K @ stock for now --- RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16Gb --- MOBO: Asus Maximus VII Formula --- GPU: MSI Gaming GTX 980ti --- PSU: Corsair AX860i  ---  Storage: Samsung 850 250gb(OS), 3x Western Digital Blue 3tb (one for game and programs, two for media), 3tb WD Green(somewhat backup) and a Crucial M550 120gb SSD (caching games and programs drive)  --- Case: Fractal Define R5 --- Cooler: Corsair H100i with Noctua 2000rpm, Industrial Fans --- OS: Windows 10 --- Monitor: Asus PB298q + AOC l2260SWD --- Mouse: Logitech G502 Spectrum --- Keyboard: Corsair K70 (Cherry MX Red) Red LED's --- Audio: Audio Engine A2's (yes the originals), Sennheiser HD 58x Jubilee Audio-Technica ATH-AD900x, Audio-Technica ATH-M50x, Ant Lion Mod Mic V4 --- Laptop: Dell XPS 9750 

1 minute ago, Imakuni said:

Every GPU sags...

You can't violate the laws of physics. That's why people come up with those crazy ghetto solutions in the first place, to try and please physics a bit better.

If your gpu is horizontal true, mine's verticle so it doesn't

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

3 minutes ago, AresKrieger said:

If your gpu is horizontal true, mine's verticle so it doesn't

Your sags as well, just to a diferent orientation (and to a much lessern extent). B|

Want to help researchers improve the lives on millions of people with just your computer? Then join World Community Grid distributed computing, and start helping the world to solve it's most difficult problems!

Mine has minimal sag. 

Gently pushing upward on the card as you insert the screws into the expansion slots helps.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

17 minutes ago, Krzyimprt said:

5S2gkVG.jpg

That is a terrible PSU you know that right

He who asks is stupid for 5 minutes. He who does not ask, remains stupid. -Chinese proverb. 

Those who know much are aware that they know little. - Slick roasting me

Spoiler

AXIOM

CPU- Intel i5-6500 GPU- EVGA 1060 6GB Motherboard- Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H RAM- 8GB HyperX DDR4-2133 PSU- EVGA GQ 650w HDD- OEM 750GB Seagate Case- NZXT S340 Mouse- Logitech Gaming g402 Keyboard-  Azio MGK1 Headset- HyperX Cloud Core

Offical first poster LTT V2.0

why is your cooler fan the other way arround?
also yes my 970 sags, its a really heavey edition g1 gaming windforce

Main PC:| CPU: Ryzen 5 2600 @ 4.1, MOBO: Asus B350 PRIME , RAM: LPX Vengance 2400 16gb kit, GPU: 980Ti Poseidon Platinum 6gb
                PSU: SilverStone Strider Gold Evolution 1200w , CASE: HAF 932  HDDs:240gb EX900 HP NVME 6TB (2x3 Seagate Barracuda)
                COOLING: ThermalTake Contac Silent 12
Laptop:MSI GL62 7RD  CPU: Core i5 7300HQ, RAM: 16GB 2400mhz, :GPU GTX 1050 2GB: HDDs: 256gb adata NVME + 1TB HDD

love all brands, will go for whats cheaper for my needs

Yes. The 2 part aluminium faceplate + that heavy copper cooler makes my 980 ti sag alot. Same for my msi 280x. But my powercolor 390x didnt.

Twist tie to the hdd cage takes care of that.

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

Also, unlike Mario. You will notice it is in fact the head that is keeping the GPU up.

Spoiler

g9O0jNx.jpg

Motherboard: Asus X570-E
CPU: 3900x 4.3GHZ

Memory: G.skill Trident GTZR 3200mhz cl14

GPU: AMD RX 570

SSD1: Corsair MP510 1TB

SSD2: Samsung MX500 500GB

PSU: Corsair AX860i Platinum

i'm using a black plastic toy bolt i stole from my son's toolbox...works wonder and you can'T see it with the panel closed...it's also on the far end:

Capture.jpg

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

is sagging even bad?

i7 12700k/Asus Tuf z690/32GB Corsair Dominator RGB 3200MHZ/EVGA 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra/Samsung 980 Pro 1TB/Asus 2540x1440p 165hz Gsync/Acer 2560x1440p G Sync 144hz

3 hours ago, Pohernori said:

Yes. The 2 part aluminium faceplate + that heavy copper cooler makes my 980 ti sag alot. Same for my msi 280x. But my powercolor 390x didnt.

Twist tie to the hdd cage takes care of that.

Where on the GPU are you able to get a tie around?  I thought to try using a zip tie on my MSI GTX 970 but I wasn't sure where to run it through on the card.

my last strix sagged a lot, my new reference card deosnt at all its really solid

31 minutes ago, SHADY16 said:

is sagging even bad?

It's bending of a GPU.  That's bad I'm pretty sure.

1 minute ago, Bleedingyamato said:

It's bending of a GPU.  That's bad I'm pretty sure.

how can you even tell? from all the pics ive seen i cant even tell 

i7 12700k/Asus Tuf z690/32GB Corsair Dominator RGB 3200MHZ/EVGA 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra/Samsung 980 Pro 1TB/Asus 2540x1440p 165hz Gsync/Acer 2560x1440p G Sync 144hz

3 hours ago, i_build_nanosuits said:

i'm using a black plastic toy bolt i stole from my son's toolbox...works wonder and you can'T see it with the panel closed...it's also on the far end:

Capture.jpg

Interesting solution.  Stealing from your son is wrong though.  In theory.  lol

2 minutes ago, SHADY16 said:

how can you even tell? from all the pics ive seen i cant even tell 

It's more obvious in person.  The amount of sagging will vary depending on the weight and design of a card.  Some will sag more than others.

4 hours ago, Imakuni said:

You can't violate the laws of physics.

You can't, but you can have an horizontal mother board \o/

Sorry for Bad English, Baguette here 

STENDHAL: CPU: i5 6600K | MOBO: ASUS MAXIMUS VIII Ranger | GPU: MSI GTX 1070 GAMING X | RAM: 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 2400MHz | Case: CM HAF XB | Storage: Kingston UV400 240GB SSD + 750GB WD Blue | CPU Cooler: Hyper 212X | PSU: Corsair RM750X

1 hour ago, Bleedingyamato said:

Where on the GPU are you able to get a tie around?  I thought to try using a zip tie on my MSI GTX 970 but I wasn't sure where to run it through on the card.

Loop the zip ties around your power connectors. I'll link a pic when i can.

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

1 hour ago, Pohernori said:

Loop the zip ties around your power connectors. I'll link a pic when i can.

Ah.  That's safe?  I mean it doesn't risk loosening the power connectors does it?  

A picture would be much appreciated thank you.