Does your GPU sag?

Krzyimprt
2 minutes ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

In general, it's a pretty crappy design. It has poor capacitors, and in general isn't good.

A 960 and what I'd assume to be an Intel quad won't push the lousy PSUs very hard. A 960 may be called a lot of things on many forums, but power hungry it is not. Even if the PSU is only good for 2/3 of it's rating, the aforementioned system would still fall well below what said psu can provide.

Had he an R9 290 or equivelant, then yes, I'd be concerned.

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

9 hours ago, Bleedingyamato said:

Thank you again.  I just wish I found out that this was an option sooner.  I've got my Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 1070 coming tomorrow which has a backplate so hopefully it won't sag at all.  Though I'll definitely have to remember this when I reuse the 970.  

How did you mount that fan over the GPU?  Does it help keep the card cooler?

There's actually another hole there so I looped another twist tie to keep the fan in place. 

The fan there is actually to aid in the flow of air in the case to that everything comes out the top of the case. But that's not beneficial for everyone. I use my back fan mount as an intake which normally people will use as an exhaust. The small fan disperses the hot air that is trapped there.  

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

1 hour ago, Zodiark1593 said:

A 960 and what I'd assume to be an Intel quad won't push the lousy PSUs very hard. A 960 may be called a lot of things on many forums, but power hungry it is not. Even if the PSU is only good for 2/3 of it's rating, the aforementioned system would still fall well below what said psu can provide.

Yeah, I know it's not bad, but just pointing out that the PSU itself ain't great.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

11 minutes ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

Yeah, I know it's not bad, but just pointing out that the PSU itself ain't great.

In that case, completely fair comment, even more so in a system that will push a PSU. I just felt it (the comment) out of place given the rest of the system, however, you do raise a very valid point if he ever decides to upgrade to a more power-hungry card.

As far as PSUs go, I tend to see:

Good; the ones that are built like a tank, will output 100% for extended periods of time no problem, probably more

Mediocre; Probably shouldn't buy for high-powered gaming rigs, but could do worse, (The CXs and equivalents of the world seem to fall here) and

Exploders, ones that at any rating shouldn't ever touch anything PC related, should not even be sold, and should be treated as a Time Bomb (looks nervously at Diablotek).

My eyes see the past…

1 hour ago, Zodiark1593 said:

What things do people call a 960?  Nothing too bad I hope.  I have one in my secondary desktop.  

1 hour ago, Pohernori said:

There's actually another hole there so I looped another twist tie to keep the fan in place. 

The fan there is actually to aid in the flow of air in the case to that everything comes out the top of the case. But that's not beneficial for everyone. I use my back fan mount as an intake which normally people will use as an exhaust. The small fan disperses the hot air that is trapped there.  

I've thought about using the rear mount in my cases for intake but it's WAY too dusty behind where I have both my main and secondary desktops set up.  I'd have to fidure out getting a dust filter to use on the rear mount on both towers if I ever wanted to try that.

20 minutes ago, Bleedingyamato said:

What things do people call a 960?  Nothing too bad I hope.  I have one in my secondary desktop.  

They only call it the worst x60 card Nvidia ever made, or worst value, the latter of which I'd dispute by pointing at most sub-$80 video cards. :D

My eyes see the past…

33 minutes ago, Zodiark1593 said:

They only call it the worst x60 card Nvidia ever made, or worst value, the latter of which I'd dispute by pointing at most sub-$80 video cards. :D

Is it the worst x60 card ever?    There are sub-$80 cards?  They can't possibly be any good.  ?

19 minutes ago, Bleedingyamato said:

Is it the worst x60 card ever?    There are sub-$80 cards?  They can't possibly be any good.  ?

I have a GT 730 and its not bad...

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 @ 3GHZ
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GT 730

Attachcorethingy: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Infoholdstick: 4x2GB sticks

Computerarmor: Lenovo Case

Rememberdoogle: 2 250 Gig Drives

AdditionalPylons: Generic 300 Watt

Letterpad: Lenovo

Buttonrodent: Lenovo

Aural Interface: Sony

Liquidrectangles: 1 1600x900 Vizio TV

22 minutes ago, jman116 said:

I have a GT 730 and its not bad...

Sorry...  That came across as harsher than I intended it to.  I just meant in relation to newer cards.  Given enough time any card will be dwarfed by newer cards.  

5 minutes ago, Bleedingyamato said:

Sorry...  That came across as harsher than I intended it to.  I just meant in relation to newer cards.  Given enough time any card will be dwarfed by newer cards.  

The price to performance is still amazing.

I opened afterburner and set the fanspeed to 100 and went; THATS what it sounds like?

Not gonna run ARK on ultra, but it's great for most games like Space Engineers and the likes.

1 hour ago, SageOfSpice said:

I think the loud ass fans on my card generate enough lift to keep it from sagging.

My goodness I almost choked lol

22 minutes ago, jman116 said:

The price to performance is still amazing.

I opened afterburner and set the fanspeed to 100 and went; THATS what it sounds like?

Not gonna run ARK on ultra, but it's great for most games like Space Engineers and the likes.

Does it get loud or is it quiet?

1 minute ago, Bleedingyamato said:

Does it get loud or is it quiet?

Super quiet; Pretty sure the fan's never gone above ~30% in a strenuous work load.

i dont think the gtx 1080 can sag can it? the FE one

i7 12700k/Asus Tuf z690/32GB Corsair Dominator RGB 3200MHZ/EVGA 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra/Samsung 980 Pro 1TB/Asus 2540x1440p 165hz Gsync/Acer 2560x1440p G Sync 144hz

No, but my balls do, ayyy

(somebody had to)

Intel 4770k@4.6GHz, ASUS ROG Maximus VI Hero, Kingston HyperX Beast 2x8GB 2400MHz CL11, Gigabyte GTX 1070 Gaming, Kingston HyperX 3k 240GB - RAID0 (2x120Gb), 2xWD 1TB (Blue and Green), Corsair H100i, Corsair AX860, CoolerMaster HAF X, ASUS STRIX Tactic pro, Logitech G400S, HyperX Cloud II, Logitech X530, Acer Predator X34.

On 6/27/2016 at 2:17 AM, Bleedingyamato said:

It's bending of a GPU.  That's bad I'm pretty sure.

It really isn't bad. Depends on how much its sagging. GPU PCBs are very resilient, and most can bend quite a bit. Thing is, with extreme sag, its not the GPU you have to worry about. The PCI-E slot could snap off with a lot of GPU sag.

i7 6700K @ Stock (Yes I know) ~~~ Corsair H80i GT ~~~ GIGABYTE G1 Gaming Z170X Gaming 7 ~~~ G. Skill Ripjaws V 2x8GB DDR4-2800 ~~~ EVGA ACX 3.0 GTX 1080 SC @ 2GHz ~~~ EVGA P2 850W 80+ Platinum ~~~ Samsung 850 EVO 500GB ~~~ Crucial MX200 250GB ~~~ Crucial M500 240GB ~~~ Phanteks Enthoo Luxe

1 hour ago, Noirgheos said:

It really isn't bad. Depends on how much its sagging. GPU PCBs are very resilient, and most can bend quite a bit. Thing is, with extreme sag, its not the GPU you have to worry about. The PCI-E slot could snap off with a lot of GPU sag.

Interesting.  I didn't know the slot was the thing to worry about more.  Good thing my Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 7 MB claims to have some sort of reinforced PCIE x16 slots to guard against that sort of problem happening.  ?

17 hours ago, Kryptyx said:

I have some minor sag, not a whole lot you can do without putting in a brace or something. With that said, I don't think mine really justifies needing it. It's all subjective, as long as you're not overly sagging it should be fine. These things get tested.

IMG_20160319_023708.jpg

Ur system is pretty similar to mine :P 

i have a bit of sag ! 

image.jpeg

AMD (and proud) r7 1700 4ghz- 

also (1600) 

asus rog crosshairs vi hero x370-

MSI 980ti G6 1506mhz slix2 -

h110 pull - acer xb270hu 1440p -

corsair 750D - corsair 16gb 2933

One thing I did in my old system was use fishing line to pull the cards up at the end

its see through so it won't ruin asthetics 

and easy and cheep if ur worried 

AMD (and proud) r7 1700 4ghz- 

also (1600) 

asus rog crosshairs vi hero x370-

MSI 980ti G6 1506mhz slix2 -

h110 pull - acer xb270hu 1440p -

corsair 750D - corsair 16gb 2933

Does sag even cause any issues? I have a reference 980 Ti and its pretty well built and doesn't sag at all but does it even matter?

System Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X

GPU: Radeon RX 7900 XT 

RAM: 32GB 3600MHz

HDD: 1TB Sabrent NVMe -  WD 1TB Black - WD 2TB Green -  WD 4TB Blue

MB: Gigabyte  B550 Gaming X- RGB Disabled

PSU: Corsair RM850x 80 Plus Gold

Case: BeQuiet! Silent Base 801 Black

Cooler: Noctua NH-DH15

1 hour ago, sof006 said:

Does sag even cause any issues? I have a reference 980 Ti and its pretty well built and doesn't sag at all but does it even matter?

No, not really. The boards go through a lot of testing. It's only a problem if you move the PC a lot or ship it, you want to remove the video card so it doesn't snap the PCB.

CPU: AMD 5950X    MB: Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero    RAM: HyperX Predator 64GB    GPU: Nvidia RTX 3090 Ti FE    SSD: Seagate FireCuda 530 2TB    
PSU: EVGA 1200w P2    COOLING: EK AIO Elite 360    CASE: Fractal Design Torrent 
   DISPLAY: LG CX48 4k OLED    AUDIO: HIFIMAN Arya SE