Enter the nvidia Battlebox

brownninja97

nvidia-battlebox,8-7-403351-13.png

dat sli bridge, anyways nvidia are attempting to lead the charge to attack 4k gaming, my opinion is that its too early as 4k costs a stupid amount at the moment.

At any rate I want that sli bridge, I think i might like it more then EVGAs version.

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/nvidia-titan-geforce-battlebox-sli,24490.html

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

That bridge is Soooooooo sexy!!

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

I prefer the 290x crossfire bridge rly.

Anything I write is just a comment, take is as such, there is no guarantees associated with anything I say.

ATX Portable rig (smaller than prodigy(LOL)) :  Nmedia 2800 | Gigabyte Z77x-ud3h  | Corsair HX1000 | Scythe Big Shuriken | i5 3570K  |  XFX R9 290 DoubleD | Corsair Vengeance 32GB

This is the response to mantle? Good luck nvidia, you're gonna need it.

Daily Driver:

Case: Red Prodigy CPU: i5 3570K @ 4.3 GHZ GPU: Powercolor PCS+ 290x @1100 mhz MOBO: Asus P8Z77-I CPU Cooler: NZXT x40 RAM: 8GB 2133mhz AMD Gamer series Storage: A 1TB WD Blue, a 500GB WD Blue, a Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

So...it's a computer with dual GPU's...

What's the point? From what I've been reading, it's just pre-built systems, nothing special about them.

Where do I get that same exact sli bridge....please help.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

NVIDIA has partnered up with some of the biggest names in the custom PC business to launch a new 4K gaming initiative. Falcon Northwest, Digital Storm, Maingear, and Origin have all been brought on board to help better prepare gamers for the upcoming wave of 4K games that will be released in the near future.

33229_1_nvidia_announces_new_4k_gaming_i

NVIDIA says that each company will develop a line of PCs that will "be able to play the hottest games" this fall and into 2014 without any issues, at any resolution up to 4K Ultra-HD. The PCs will be known as NVIDIA "Battleboxes" and each will feature an Intel Haswell processor as well as dual or triple GeForce GTX 780's or GeForce Titans in SLI mode.

33229_2_nvidia_announces_new_4k_gaming_i

Pricing for the "Battleboxes" will begin at around $2300 for a basic level build, and from there the sky's the limit. With GTX Titans still retailing for $1000+, we can only imagine how expensive these systems could get. Being able to game on multiple monitors in 4K resolutions, and having a warranty back everything up makes it very worth it though.

Source:http://www.tweaktown.com/news/33229/nvidia-announces-new-4k-gaming-initiative-with-top-system-builders/index.html

Its great that Nvidia are contacting the system manufacturers directly in giving users the best gaming experience possible on 4k resolutions.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

Too expensive, 4k still needs a few years to become affordable. Also isn't the majority of PC users still on 720p?

Muh rig: i7 4770k, Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, MSI Z87 G45, Kingston Hyper X Blu 8GB, Samsung 840 EVO 120 + WD Blue 1 TB, Asus GTX 770 2GB, Corsair 200r + 2x Corsair AF 120 Blue + 1x Stock corsair fan, Corsair TX650, LG 27EA33V IPS, Steelseries Sensei Raw + QCK mini, CM Quickfire Ultimate Blue.

I don't see the point in having yo buy 2 cards just to run 4k, can people wait for a single card solution that will work properly?

Also, prepare your anus for all the 4k remakes when it is a popular technology

Uh, repost? https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/61614-enter-the-nvidia-battlebox/

OT: These are just  prebuilt systems, nothing special about these.

Too expensive, 4k still needs a few years to become affordable. Also isn't the majority of PC users still on 720p?

It's mixed, currently the highest from the Steam hardware survey shows that 3840x1080 is 22.07%, then the next highest is "Other" at 9%.

It varies because of multi-monitors, but I would assume the majority are using 1366x768.

I thought Steam told us that (32.31%) majority of gamers (which is what matters in this context) are on 1080p.

I don't see the point in having yo buy 2 cards just to run 4k, can people wait for a single card solution that will work properly?

Also, prepare your anus for all the 4k remakes when it is a popular technology

Agreed. But, wasn't a dual CrossfireX R9-290X running DiRT3 on triple monitor 4K at the AMD conference? So maybe a single 290X can do a single 4K monitor with ease too (at least on DiRT3).

Desktop: Intel Core i7-5820K, Corsair H115i, Asus X99-Deluxe/USB 3.1, G.Skill Ripjaws4 32GB 2800MHz CL16, Zotac RTX 3070, Samsung 950 Pro 512GB in Angelbird Wings PX1, Samsung 850 EVO 1TB, 5*Seagate 12TB, Cooler Master V1200, Phanteks Enthoo Luxe, Windows 10 Pro. Phillips 328P6VUBREB, Corsair Vengeance K95 RGB Cherry MX Brown, Logitech G502 X Plus, Sennheiser HD700.

AYANEO 2S: AMD 7800U, 32GB 7500MHz, 2TB WD SN850X. Windows 11.

Uh, repost? https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/61614-enter-the-nvidia-battlebox/

OT: These are just  prebuilt systems, nothing special about these.

Yea I might have reposted it :(

Thks for providing the link @EChondo! :)

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

Yea I might have reposted it :(

Thks for providing the link @EChondo! :)

Not a problem, I knew it looked familiar...

As long as a 4k monitor costs as much as a system to play on it... Its not gunna be a quick take up... Give it at least a year.. Maybe 2.

GamingPC: Intel 4770k CPU, 2xMSI 780 GTX Twin Frozr, 16 GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, Swiftech H220 CPU Cooler.

Cookie Cutter Build log

It's mixed, currently the highest from the Steam hardware survey shows that 3840x1080 is 22.07%

Huh?

You're saying that steam hardware survey shows 22% of gamers using a resolution of 3840x1080?

Or did I misunderstand?

I got into 1080p last year, i don't plan on upgrading to a higher resolution any time soon.

I have a weird standard, when GPU-s can play max settings 60 fps constant on my resolution on the most demanding game i play i think about upgrading my monitor. So until a single card can max out Crysis 3 at 60 fps in ANY scenario, and i can afford it, i will think about it...

would love to see what will happen when you take SLI titans vs CF 290x's on 3 4k monitors, i wonder will the 3gb of ram slow the 290x chip

System

CPU: i7 4770kMotherboard: Asus Maximus VI HeroRAM: HyperX KHX318C9SRK4/32 - 32GB DDR3-1866 CL9 / GPU: Gainward Geforce GTX 670 Phantom Case: Cooler Master HAF XBStorage: 1 TB WD BluePSU: Cooler Master V-650sDisplay(s): Dell U2312HM, LG194WT, LG E1941

Cooling: Noctua NH-D15Keyboard: Logitech G710+Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus SpectrumSound: Focusrite 2i4 - USB DAC / OS: Windows 7 (still holding on XD)

I hope that bridge will be available on its own... probably no :(. Also could this be the "most amazing thing ever" they were hinting at?

This is the response to mantle? Good luck nvidia, you're gonna need it.

I don't see how this is a response to mantle... as far as I can tell battlebox is just sli...

HP something | 5600X | Corsair  16GB | Zotac ArcticStorm GTX 1080 Ti | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | OCZ Agility 3 480GB | ADATA SP550 960 GB

Corsair AX860i | CaseLabs SM8 | EK Supremacy | UT60 420 | ST30 360 | ST30 240

Gentle Typhoon's and Noctua's and Noiseblocker eLoop's

Has anyone found where to buy that sli bridge and if so please leave a link?

Has anyone found where to buy that sli bridge and if so please leave a link?

I think Nvidia might be selling them at Q2: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=48030106&postcount=1736

Source: http://forums.evga.com/tm.aspx?m=1872010

Here are the EVGA SLI Bridges: http://www.evga.com/Products/ProductList.aspx?type=2&family=Accessories+-+Hardware&chipset=SLI+Bridge