(Help) Reinstalling windows 10 onto a new SSD without a disk

xfalcon_
Go to solution Solved by Orboe,

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10/?29d8da8f-62f2-4f15-9edb-a7a6e1ac4d95=True

:D

The windows media creation tool from Microsoft downloads Windows 10 and updates it. Then you can put it on a usb drive. Use it to install Windows 10 on the ssd. 

I am planning on upgrading the storage on my current PC due to the lousy read and write times of my HDD. I am going to keep my current HDD in my PC as a back-up drive as it is still functioning properly and has a large storage size, it is just a bit slow.

As a replacement for the job that my current HDD does I am planning on buying a Kingston 120GB SSD to store my OS (windows 10) as well as a Western Digital 2.5" 750GB drive (I know the capacity is small but I don't have that much rubbish laying around on my PC)

The first issue I would like help with is the back-up drive. Should I have a complete copy of both my SSD and HDD on it, or just store files that are important to me and exclude my OS? If I choose to have a complete back-up including my OS on my back-up drive, will my PC run normally despite having two copies of windows on it?

The other issue I would like help with is to do with transferring my OS from my current drive to an SSD. I would like to do a completely fresh re-install of windows. The problem is, is that many websites simply tell you to use the windows disk that came with your PC, but I don't have one. I do have a recovery disk which I could use, but it contains windows 8 (8, not 8.1) and a load of bloatware which came with my PC. If I use the recovery disk to get windows onto an SSD, will it automatically give me the ability to download windows 10 because I have done so already? Or is there a completely different alternative to this which may allow me to do a fresh install onto a new drive?

Any help or experience is valued and appreciated, thank you :) 

Edit: typos

This helps a lot, thank you for your time

1 minute ago, xfalcon_ said:

This helps a lot, thank you for your time

No problem.

Download .iso file of windows 10 > burn it to your CD/FD ( i used rufus for this) > open bios with the bootable disk plugged in and boot from the disk 

Sorry to be a pain, but how do I get to BIOS and then boot from the disk? Do I simply turn on my PC with no OS installed on any storage device?
(I've never done this before) Thank you for the help though.