07.jpg

08.jpg

09.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

Thank you for following my build thread of my watercooled Fractal Designs Define R4 with 2x 280mm radiators :)

how many hammers do you need?

because you dont have enough

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

Update Update Update!!!

Front Radiator: Hardware labs Sr1-280

Top Radiator: XSPC EX280

Waterblock: XSPC Raystorm Copper

Reservoir/Pump: EK DCP 4.0 Pump & Reservoir combo

Fans: Cougar 140mm

Fittings: Bitspower 1/2" g1/4"

Hose: Primoflex LRT 1/2" ID 3/4" OD

Koolance Clear Coolant01.jpg

02.jpg03.jpg

04.jpg05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

08.jpg

09.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

Thank you for following my build thread of my watercooled Fractal Designs Define R4 with 2x 280mm radiators :)

how many hammers do you need? because you dont have enough

Different weights & Balances.

Is it me or are you pushing air through your radiator at the top like it's taking air from the top and then blowing the air inside your case? As what I've seen in one of Linus'es video in Tech quickie the fans' frames indicates where the air is being exhausted and intaking air on which it does not have frame. Or is it the fan design that indicates where it blows air like the arrows thingy on the fans themselves. Or did you really just configured it like that. I'm really confused now... (?.?)

\[T]/ Praise the Sun!
Super Budget Gaming Build: Intel Pentium G1610, Gigabye GA-H61M-DS2 rev. 3, Kingston Value RAM 4GB CL9 1333MHz, Fractal Design Core 1000, Corsair VS 450, WD 1TB, Powercolor Radeon HD 7750 1GB/GDDR5, (Optional: Asus DRW-24B1ST).
 (Total: $340 USD)

Is it me or are you pushing air through your radiator at the top like it's taking air from the top and then blowing the air inside your case? As what I've seen in one of Linus'es video in Tech quickie the fans' frames indicates where the air is being exhausted and intaking air on which it does not have frame. Or is it the fan design that indicates where it blows air like the arrows thingy on the fans themselves. Or did you really just configured it like that. I'm really confused now... (?.?)

Top fans are Pull, Sorry for not supplying more information with that. I'll have to upload some more photos when I get a chance :)

Looking really good ! Dont you get any back flow having res at such low point? and that delided 3770k is just a winner how's the temp?

No back flow from what I can tell, The whole system was bled completely in the first few hours after the leak test and dead silent with great flow.

My 3770k temps are great. 22c Ambient, Fans with LNA adapters CPU sits average on 21c during general internet browsing. After 12hours of prime 95 with LNA on large FFT @ 4.6ghz my highest core was 61c

Cheers

Mat

Hey HoZy!

Quick question. How does that Koolance shroud fit on the top of your R4? They emailed me the size of it and it looked like it was going to hang off the back of the case. Is that true?

Just comment in my post please :] Thanks

Hey HoZy!

Quick question. How does that Koolance shroud fit on the top of your R4? They emailed me the size of it and it looked like it was going to hang off the back of the case. Is that true?

Just comment in my post please :] Thanks

Fits fine for me, However I have modified my case a fair bit. And if you are running it with a XSPC EX280 the hole spacing is wrong haha

• 2 weeks later...

Nice dude. Love to see decent wc builds in the R4

This build looks great, very clean!

Nice dude. Love to see decent wc builds in the R4
This build looks great' date=' very clean! [/quote']

Thanks guys :)

My favourite part is, Decided to use the front Define R4 fan controller for my Cougar Vortex HDB 140mm fans, I have 2 per radiator @ 5v they are IMPOSSIBLE to hear & with 20c ambient room my 3770k @ 4.5ghz does not get over 56c.

However the system still has some noise to it unfortunately due to having the VTX3D HD6970's, So between 2 cards, I have 4fans that are "Not So Quiet".

Just due to their age it wasn't worth purchasing waterblocks to suit, But it's not worth upgrading them yet due to running them at core 980mhz & memory 1450mhz

So I hope AMD release a new Radeon later in the near that I'll jump on board for. Like a 8970 & I'll purchase 2 of those bad boys ^_^

Cheers

Mat

EDIT:

Just thought I'd add this up, It's now 21c in the room. Fans @ 5v

Core 0# & 1# always are warmer during idle/internet/youtube but once you smash out Large FFT Prime95 the core temps even out a little bit.

**FULL SIZE IMAGE HERE** ---> https://dl.dropbox.com/u/876493/pcbuild/water/Specs01.jpg <---

Specs01.jpg

• 7 months later...

Still running great, Pretty happy seeing as it was my first W/C build.
Pulled the 2x HD6970's out & now have a XFX R9-290x

Waiting on waterblock :)
HoZy290x.jpg

Been running beautifully on the new loop for 2weeks now :)

fin03.jpg

the money shot..

I dream of 0s and 1s folding to my every command,

algorithms seeping from the back of my head when I need them.

Nice build :)

CASE: FRACTAL DESIGN DEFINE R4  |  MOBO: MSI MPOWER Z77  |  CPU: Intel i5 3570k @ 4.4 GHz  |  CPU COOLER: NOCTUA NH-D15  |  GPU: EVGA GTX 770 SC |

PSU: CORSAIR AX860 W/ RED BRAIDED CABLES | SSD: SAMSUNG 840 EVO 250 GB | HDD: WD BLACK 1 TB | FANS: 3x NOCTUA NF-A14 | MONITOR: HP W2371D

KEYBOARD: CM STORM QFR MX BLUES W/  PBT KEYCAPS  |  MOUSE: LOGITECH G502 | MIC: AUDIO TECHNICA AT2020 | HEADPHONES: SENNHEISER HD 558

Nice,

Im about to put a 120.3 in the roof of my R4 to house a 45mm rad. Hopefully cures my clearance issues... I have a 30mm + fans and had to offset the rad hard against the side of the case to clear the Corsiar Dominators.

Thanks for the kind words guys, I'll hopefully have my EK 290x waterblock in the next week or two.

Also considering going Direct To Die on my CPU waterblock.

Cheers

Mat :)

Committed, Direct2Die :D

Also 290x Is sleeping with the fishes now.

XFX 290x Uber Switch, 1150 Core, 1350 (5400) Memory. Max temp 40c with furmark.

HoZy_Crazy01.jpg

hozy290xwater2.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Fact: Just ordered a 2nd 290x & water cooling supplies to suit, Eta 1.5weeks 

Will be running a 2nd CoolerMaster 600W SilentPro I have spare under the desk to power the 2nd card & water cooling loop. To keep both PSU in their efficiency range.

Cheers
Mat

• 4 weeks later...

Ok so, Still only running my single 850w Coolermaster

Testing the 2nd 290x still before I put the EK block on it.

3DMARK LINK FIRESTRIKE EXTREME

http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/1865931

But it currently looks like:HoZy_290x_Crossfire_1block.jpg

And firestrike extreme

HoZy_290x_Crossfire_1block3dmark.jpg

Second block is on, Loop is flushed & new coolant added.

IMG_3684.jpg

Its weird not seeing the bridges, looks cleaner I must admit. Nice lighting also. Great build.

I always kinda liked the bridges personally.

CPU: Intel i5 4670(non K) Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H87-D3H Ram: Corsair Vengeance 8Gb (2x4Gb) @1600Mhz HDD: WD Caviar Blue 1TB GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 OC WF3 ~1293Mhz max boost clock~ PSU: Corsair RM 750 Case: Corsair 300R Windowed Edition OS: Windows 8.1