Define R4 From Down Under [Custom Loop, 290x Crossfire]

HoZy

Thanks all, I like the look of no bridges. I hated seeing the bridges on my 6970 Xfire setup.

However, What is currently bugging me is that the edges of the 290x PCB is obviously that raw pcb color, That yellowy browny gold'ish color.

I was wondering if it'd be safe to use a sharpy on the edges of the pcb to black that out?

I'm most likely going to be upgrading to the

Fractal Newton R3 1000w PSU

kPAKFht.jpg

My only concern is, It comes with hardwired cables for 2x SLI/Xfire.

I've never sleeved a PSU before, I'm currently running Bitfenix PSU extension wiring for the red/black effect I have going.

It'd be fairly amazing I think.

EDIT:
Just committed & ordered some MDPC Sleeving.
1x White - Small
2x Black - Small
1x Red - Small
2x 50pack Small Heatshrink
1x Pin Removal Tool

Will wait for that to arrive in January and then pickup the new PSU and sleeve this beauty.

Going to attempt to tackle this stylec54c2a2b_gallery.jpeg

Cheers

Mathew

Cool man! Just cool! :D

|OscillosC Build|+ Raspberry Pi [NAS] + Another G5 + Personal + HTPC: Asus Z87-A - Intel Core i5 4670K @ 4.5ghz 1.15v - Noctua NH-D14 - Gigabyte Radeon HD7870 OC @ 1170mhz core- Kingston HyperX 8gb 1600mhz CL9 - Samsung 840 PRO 128Gb SSD for Windows- Kingston V300 120gb for Ubuntu- WD Caviar Black 1Tb For games and programs - WD Caviar Green 2Tb For videos, photos, music, and backups- Seasonic P660 XP2 Platinum - Windows 8.1 PRO - Ubuntu 14.04 - Modded Bitfenix Ghost

why don't you add a waterblock to those GPUs..... that watercooling is such a waste on just a i7 3770k

Fractal Design Define R4 | MSI x79a-GD45 | 3960X @ 4.6Ghz | Lots of EK Blocks | EVGA GTX780Ti 3GB | Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB (4x4) DDR3 1866 | Samsung 840 Pro 512GB SSD | Western Digital Red 2TB x4 (Raid 10) | Corsair AX760 | Windows 7 Professional 64-bit

Looks awesome

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 | Cooler: Stock | RAM: 16GB Hyper Fury X RGB | GPU: RTX 2080 Super FTW3 | Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus Elite| PSU: Corsair RM850x
Storage: WD SN750 500GB / 850 500GB Samsung Evo /  | CASE: 570X | Display: Dell u2414h  | KEYBOARD: Corsair K70 | MOUSE: Corsair M65

why don't you add a waterblock to those GPUs..... that watercooling is such a waste on just a i7 3770k

You obviously have not read the thread. I'd suggest you have a look over page 2 & 3.

Cheers

Mat

Thanks all, I like the look of no bridges. I hated seeing the bridges on my 6970 Xfire setup.

However, What is currently bugging me is that the edges of the 290x PCB is obviously that raw pcb color, That yellowy browny gold'ish color.

I was wondering if it'd be safe to use a sharpy on the edges of the pcb to black that out?

I'm most likely going to be upgrading to the

Fractal Newton R3 1000w PSU

My only concern is, It comes with hardwired cables for 2x SLI/Xfire.

I've never sleeved a PSU before, I'm currently running Bitfenix PSU extension wiring for the red/black effect I have going.

It'd be fairly amazing I think.

EDIT:

Just committed & ordered some MDPC Sleeving.

1x White - Small

2x Black - Small

1x Red - Small

2x 50pack Small Heatshrink

1x Pin Removal Tool

Will wait for that to arrive in January and then pickup the new PSU and sleeve this beauty.

Cheers

Mathew

How much did the sleeving cost? and where did you order it from? I live in australia too and just interested to know for future reference

How much did the sleeving cost? and where did you order it from? I live in australia too and just interested to know for future reference

$80including postage. But I got quite a bit & the pin tool.

http://en.mdpc-x.com/

Cheers

Mathew

Hey, great looking build

How did you make the mounts for your hard drives? Did you just buy the metal and bend it yourself or something?

Nice Build, Really jealous!

Do you think this build would be possible with the 2 280mm rads and a dual bay res/pump combo, 1x gpu and cpu in a Arc midi r2/define R4? :)

GPU: MSI GTX 770 gaming || CPU: Intel 4670k @ 4.4Ghz || RAM: 4x4GB 1600mhz Corsair vengeance pro || MOBO: MSI Z87-GD65 Gaming || CPU cooler: Corsair H105 || PSU: Corsair RM650 || SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, Crucial M4 128GB || Case: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 || Monitor: ASUS PA238Q

• 1 year later...

Been a while since I've been on the forums due to commitments,

Just over 12months ago I switched up the build for a

4790k @ 4.8ghz

MSI Z97 Gaming7

XSPC acrylic res

D5 Laing pump.

Took this just before for you

QCdBjij.jpg

I think I need some build changes, But I'm unsure what.

Maybe a color change? Case swap? Loop route change?

I think I need some build changes, But I'm unsure what.

Maybe a color change? Case swap? Loop route change?

A psu cover would do wonders i think.

Core i7 2600  Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3P-B3  EVGA GTX 970 FTW  16Gb 1600Mhz G.SKILL

Samsung 500Gb 840EVO RAID0 Random 80GB HDD Corsair GS700 Corsair ArticWhite C70

Hey all, Been watching the LinusTechTips YT channel for longer than I can remember, So thought I'd finally sign up since I had to upgrade my PC due to my old motherboard kicking the bucket. So, HoZ_PC01.jpg

How is the bottom small cage mounted at the bottom? I wanted to do this but couldnt find a suitable mounting point.

cheers

CPU - FX-8350 / GPU - r9 390 / RAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance / Storage - Samsung Evo 256GB SSD + 1TB HDD / Case - Fractal Design R5 / PSU - Corsair HX750i / MOBO - ASRock Extreme4