Motherboard Suggestions

Hi

So I've been upgrading my gaming PC for the last few months, I only got it about a year and a half ago but wanted a refresh and colour change. I've gone for a black and red colour scheme which now includes the MSI gtx 1080 and nzxt h440 case. Next I shall be changing my blue hyperx fury ram for red ones and my asus z97-p mobo for a black and red one.

Currently I'm looking at MSI Z97 gaming 5 mobo but I was wondering if there was something else out there in black and red that would maybe be better without SLi because I will not be using that?

I'm using a intel i7 4790K LGA1150 :)

Thanks guy's 

2 minutes ago, PracticallyGeek said:

Hi

So I've been upgrading my gaming PC for the last few months, I only got it about a year and a half ago but wanted a refresh and colour change. I've gone for a black and red colour scheme which now includes the MSI gtx 1080 and nzxt h440 case. Next I shall be changing my blue hyperx fury ram for red ones and my asus z97-p mobo for a black and red one.

Currently I'm looking at MSI Z97 gaming 5 mobo but I was wondering if there was something else out there in black and red that would maybe be better without SLi because I will not be using that?

I'm using a intel i7 4790K LGA1150 :)

Thanks guy's 

What would be your budget?

Main Rig - Case: Corsair 200R   Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z270-GAMING-K3  CPU: Intel i5 7600 RAM: Corsair H55 RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB 3000MHz SSD: Crucial MX500 1 TB 

HDD: 2TB WD Green  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1660 Ti 6GB Windforce  PSU: Corsair CX 600W  

HTPC - Case: CiT MTX-007B   Motherboard: Biostar H61MGV3, CPU: Intel i5 2400  RAM: Patriot 4GB 1333MHz SSD: 240GB Toshiba SSD PSU: 180W CIT (Came with case)

Corsair 200R Front Bezel Mod

Well the MSI board would match your graphics card the best 

but there's also the 

Asus z97 Hero, Gene, and my personal favorite the Formula 

also gigabyte has there gaming 5,7,9 

and asrock also makes a z97 board that is mainly red. But would match as well 

Uh... you are doing it wrong then. If you'll swap out the mobo and RAM, might as well just take the change and grab yourself a Skylake CPU.

Swap out your platform now. Then, sell your current CPU + mobo + RAM to get the cash for the rest of your purchases. If you intend on 1080 144hz or 1440p 60, you can also save yourself some nice money and get the Gtx 1070 rather than the 1080.

Want to help researchers improve the lives on millions of people with just your computer? Then join World Community Grid distributed computing, and start helping the world to solve it's most difficult problems!

I've already got my gtx 1080 and love it so won't be getting rid but is it worth changing my cpu too? I didn't want to with it being on of the expensive things too buy? 

My budget would be around 120 max 

Cheers for the suggestions so far guys

6 minutes ago, PracticallyGeek said:

I've already got my gtx 1080 and love it so won't be getting rid but is it worth changing my cpu too? I didn't want to with it being on of the expensive things too buy? 

My budget would be around 120 max 

Cheers for the suggestions so far guys

Which currency? 

Main Rig - Case: Corsair 200R   Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z270-GAMING-K3  CPU: Intel i5 7600 RAM: Corsair H55 RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB 3000MHz SSD: Crucial MX500 1 TB 

HDD: 2TB WD Green  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1660 Ti 6GB Windforce  PSU: Corsair CX 600W  

HTPC - Case: CiT MTX-007B   Motherboard: Biostar H61MGV3, CPU: Intel i5 2400  RAM: Patriot 4GB 1333MHz SSD: 240GB Toshiba SSD PSU: 180W CIT (Came with case)

6 minutes ago, deansmylie1993 said:

Which currency? 

That would help haha sorry it's  £120

6 minutes ago, PracticallyGeek said:

That would help haha sorry it's  £120

I recommend the Gigabyte Z97X-Gaming 5 if you are able to spend the £13 extra. 

Guy's  I've been reading about upgrading my mobo and it seems I could face problems with my windows installation etc? My windows boots from SSD so whats the best way to go about th4 upgrade? Cheers again for advice 

19 hours ago, PracticallyGeek said:

Guy's  I've been reading about upgrading my mobo and it seems I could face problems with my windows installation etc? My windows boots from SSD so whats the best way to go about th4 upgrade? Cheers again for advice 

I just upgraded my mobo to the board i mentioned the only issue i had was with the windows activation. In this case all you have to is re-enter the product key in the settings.