Youtube ruining 1080p 60fps video quality

Mayaa

So i've been trying really hard lately to try and get my premiere settings right, and i have come to the conclusion that its not really on my end.

My video looks great locally, but when its been up on youtube for a little while, getting compressed on their end and what not, its turns out really bad after its done.

I did some googling and i found people having similar problems, but at the same time i see videos with super sharp quality. Some say that, as videos get more traffic, the quality comes back but im not sure.

Anyone know a fix for this?

It probably just takes time for videos to get properly rendered at their end. I suggest uploading a video privately so that you can only view it and after an hour or so, see if the quality is back or not.

Did I help you with your problem? If so, give my comment a like and even mark it as the solution!

Local will always look better. Youtube compresses the crap out of videos and the extra framerate doesn't help.

What resolution do you upload in? Is it a gaming video? If you upscale to 1440p, the bit rate on YouTube will be 8 MB/s instead of 3 MB/s at 1080p.

8 minutes ago, Matias_Chambers said:

What resolution do you upload in? Is it a gaming video? If you upscale to 1440p, the bit rate on YouTube will be 8 MB/s instead of 3 MB/s at 1080p.

I upload in 1080p and yes its a gaming video. I thought i read somewhere that they changed something about uploading in a higher resolution to get better bitrate which makes it not work anymore, i could be wrong though.

10 minutes ago, Rune said:

Local will always look better. Youtube compresses the crap out of videos and the extra framerate doesn't help.

I get that, but its just that others get better quality for some reason. And i have actually tried exporting in 30fps and i get the same type of quality loss.

26 minutes ago, Mayaa said:

I upload in 1080p and yes its a gaming video. I thought i read somewhere that they changed something about uploading in a higher resolution to get better bitrate which makes it not work anymore, i could be wrong though.

I have tried it myself it works. I can link the video if you want. 

Edited by Matias_Chambers

1 minute ago, Matias_Chambers said:

I have tried it myself it works.

I will give it a shot then.

3 minutes ago, Matias_Chambers said:

This is the video where I up scaled to 1440p using the render settings from the video I linked earlier: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQpZfcWz66o

Do you actually have to view it in 1440p on youtube as well, or does the 1080p option just get the boost to the bitrate?

2 minutes ago, Mayaa said:

Do you actually have to view it in 1440p on youtube as well, or does the 1080p option just get the boost to the bitrate?

The quality seems good to me at 1080p. By the way, I had the same problem as you once :)

2 minutes ago, Matias_Chambers said:

The quality seems good to me at 1080p. By the way, I had the same problem as you once :)

Yeah it's been giving me a headache for today. Probably rendered a couple of hours worth of 2 minute clips :(