SpeedFan Problems

How do you figure out which fan your controlling if they all show as PWM

Speedfan PWM.PNG

turn one to 0 and find which one stopped spinning, there's a way to label them iirc, maybe when you click the config button.

desktop

Spoiler

r5 3600,3450@0.9v (0.875v get) 4.2ghz@1.25v (1.212 get) | custom loop cpu&gpu 1260mm nexxos xt45 | MSI b450i gaming ac | crucial ballistix 2x8 3000c15->3733c15@1.39v(1.376v get) |Zotac 2060 amp | 256GB Samsung 950 pro nvme | 1TB Adata su800 | 4TB HGST drive | Silverstone SX500-LG

HTPC

Spoiler

HTPC i3 7300 | Gigabyte GA-B250M-DS3H | 16GB G Skill | Adata XPG SX8000 128GB M.2 | Many HDDs | Rosewill FBM-01 | Corsair CXM 450W

they do not get any louder or more powerful, and they are routed through my motherboard

Ive turned them all to zero and not even one of the fans changes speed

JayzTwoCents did a video on this a little while ago. Watch it and see if it helps, but keep in mind that you might also have a system configuration that just SpeedFan doesn't like. I have tried configuring SpeedFan about 10 times since I installed my new motherboard a few weeks ago and I just can't get it to work properly no matter what I try. 

END OF LINE

-- Project Deep Freeze Build Log --

Quote me so that I always know when you reply, feel free to snip if the quote is long. May your FPS be high and your temperatures low.

51 minutes ago, Chrono_croz said:

they do not get any louder or more powerful, and they are routed through my motherboard

Could be any number of things. You have to go into the advanced tab in configuration and set every fan to manual control, setting each one to remember. The program won't work until that's done. 

Take a look at Jay's video. He does a really nice job explaining it. 

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

I had to just unplug one at a time and look for the one that dropped to 0 RPM.

In the fans tab, double click the fan name to change it.

Black Knight-

Ryzen 5 5600, GIGABYTE B550M DS3H, 16Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000mhz, Asrock RX 6800 XT Phantom Gaming,

Seasonic Focus GM 750, Samsung EVO 860 EVO SSD M.2, Intel 660p Series M.2 2280 1TB PCIe NVMe, Linux Mint 20.2 Cinnamon

Daughter's Rig;

MSI B450 A Pro, Ryzen 5 3600x, 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000mhz, Silicon Power A55 512GB SSD, Gigabyte RX 5700 Gaming OC, Corsair CX430