Which noctua fans to choose?

Otonel88
Go to solution Solved by WoodenMarker,
1 hour ago, Otonel88 said:

ohh, sorry forgot about the case :D Define R5

2 140mm's for front intake and 1 for rear exhaust would be good. Adding another 140mm at the bottom or front for intake could help. 

Hi guys. Looking to change my case fans with some Noctua ones, but looking at their website not sure which ones to get. I need 2 fans for intake and one for exhaust.

Now sure which one to get from thees ones:

Capture.JPG

Capture2.JPG

10 minutes ago, Otonel88 said:

Hi guys. Looking to change my case fans with some Noctua ones, but looking at their website not sure which ones to get. I need 2 fans for intake and one for exhaust.

Now sure which one to get from thees ones:

Capture.JPG

Capture2.JPG

the top are 120mm and the bottom ones are 140mm. 4pin PWM is best.

Good luck, Have fun, Build PC, and have a last gen console for use once a year. I should answer most of the time between 9 to 3 PST

NightHawk 3.0: R7 5700x @, B550A vision D, H105, 2x32gb Oloy 3600, Sapphire RX 6700XT  Nitro+, Corsair RM750X, 500 gb 850 evo, 2tb rocket and 5tb Toshiba x300, 2x 6TB WD Black W10 all in a 750D airflow.
GF PC: (nighthawk 2.0): R7 2700x, B450m vision D, 4x8gb Geli 2933, Strix GTX970, CX650M RGB, Obsidian 350D

Skunkworks: R5 3500U, 16gb, 500gb Adata XPG 6000 lite, Vega 8. HP probook G455R G6 Ubuntu 20. LTS

Condor (MC server): 6600K, z170m plus, 16gb corsair vengeance LPX, samsung 750 evo, EVGA BR 450.

Spirt  (NAS) ASUS Z9PR-D12, 2x E5 2620V2, 8x4gb, 24 3tb HDD. F80 800gb cache, trueNAS, 2x12disk raid Z3 stripped

PSU Tier List      Motherboard Tier List     SSD Tier List     How to get PC parts cheap    HP probook 445R G6 review

"Stupidity is like trying to find a limit of a constant. You are never truly smart in something, just less stupid."

Camera Gear: X-S10, 16-80 F4, 60D, 24-105 F4, 50mm F1.4, Helios44-m, 2 Cos-11D lavs

5 minutes ago, GDRRiley said:

4pin PWM is best.

not necessarily, there's cases where you want to go for 3-pin.

13 minutes ago, manikyath said:

I mean, which one is better for airflow and which fan is better for static pressure?

13 minutes ago, manikyath said:

You ALWAYS want to go with PWM unless starting voltages differ between the models. They don't as far as I know.

I need S340. But more Define S'ish

18 minutes ago, Otonel88 said:

I mean, which one is better for airflow and which fan is better for static pressure?

The NF-P14S has better static pressure and the NF-S12B is quieter. 

The 140mm will be better mainly due to it being a 140mm fan unless you don't need as much performance but instead just want a quieter fan.

If you can control the fans via pwm, go with the PWM. If you're using dc, go with FLX.  If you can't control the fan speed at all, go with the lowest available rpm.

18 minutes ago, Allshevski said:

You ALWAYS want to go with PWM unless starting voltages differ between the models. They don't as far as I know.

PWM can introduce clicking in many fans. Noctuas don't have clicking issues but that isn't the norm. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

3 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

The NF-P14S has better static pressure and the NF-S12B is quieter. 

The 140mm will be better mainly due to it being a 140mm fan unless you don't need as much performance but instead just want a quieter fan.

If you can control the fans via pwm, go with the PWM. If you're using dc, go with FLX.  If you can't control the fan speed at all, go with the lowest available rpm.

PWM can introduce clicking in many fans. Noctuas don't have clicking issues but that isn't the norm. 

I think two of the 120mm fans should be enough for intake, and at the back I could have a 140mm. Not sure if I should use one to intake air from the bottom for the GPU.

5 minutes ago, Otonel88 said:

I think two of the 120mm fans should be enough for intake, and at the back I could have a 140mm. Not sure if I should use one to intake air from the bottom for the GPU.

Listing your specs would help answer that question.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

4 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

Listing your specs would help answer that question.

i7 6700 cooled by a dark rock 3, GTX 1070

18 minutes ago, Otonel88 said:

i7 6700 cooled by a dark rock 3, GTX 1070

What case?

1 minute ago, WoodenMarker said:

What case?

1 hour ago, Otonel88 said:

2 140mm's for front intake and 1 for rear exhaust would be good. Adding another 140mm at the bottom or front for intake could help.