The quietest case fans

Alesek
Go to solution Solved by WoodenMarker,
1 minute ago, Alesek said:

Well, Define S can fit 9 fans which I guess is not necessary. Plus opening the top of the case so he can put fans there is gonna take some of the sound proofing away.

What do you think about 3 - two front and one in the back?

That'd keep positive air pressure, noise to minimum I thinkand, hopefully enough airflow 

Depending on the components and the noise level you're shooting for, it should be fine. 

Hi, my friend wants me to help him make his pc quiet and he wants me to put there the quietest case fans. He has an older mobo which can only control the PWM fans all together (all fans always have to have the same speed). So I was thinking I would connect 2 super quiet fans to PSU (one front and one back) and for gaming (heavy load) I can set up for him Speedfan which would start other front fan if necessary.

So my question is... which are the quietest case fans we could use to connect to PSU?

Or is it better to use 3 pwm fans connected to mobo, set to the lowest rpm and increase rpm during higher load?

5900X

MSI MEG X570 Unify

32GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance

RTX 3080

Dark Base Pro 900

Corsair RM1000i

It'd be better to use a splitter off of the motherboard cpu_fan header for pwm.

If you list your specs and budget, it would be easier to provide a recommendation.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

12 hours ago, WoodenMarker said:

It'd be better to use a splitter off of the motherboard cpu_fan header for pwm.

If you list your specs and budget, it would be easier to provide a recommendation.

Gigabyte z77x d3h

Intel core i5 3570k oc

Noctua NH-D15

Sapphire r9 390 oc

Fractal design define s

He doesnt care about the budget as he just bought the case because i recently got it and he likes how it looks :D

The goal is to be as quiet as possible.

5900X

MSI MEG X570 Unify

RTX 3080

Dark Base Pro 900

Corsair RM1000i

5 minutes ago, Alesek said:

Gigabyte z77x d3h

Intel core i5 3570k oc

Noctua NH-D15

Sapphire r9 390 oc

Fractal design define s

He doesnt care about the budget as he just bought the case because i recently got it and he likes how it looks :D

The goal is to be as quiet as possible.

NF-A15's or NF-S12A's would be optimal.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

be quiet fans

Longboarders/ skaters message me!

1 hour ago, WoodenMarker said:

NF-A15's or NF-S12A's would be optimal.

how many would you recommend? 

5900X

MSI MEG X570 Unify

RTX 3080

Dark Base Pro 900

Corsair RM1000i

8 hours ago, Alesek said:

how many would you recommend? 

If budget isn't an issue, I would fit as many of either as you can. NF-A15's would perform better and NF-S12A's would be quieter.

25 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

If budget isn't an issue, I would fit as many of either as you can. NF-A15's would perform better and NF-S12A's would be quieter.

Well, Define S can fit 9 fans which I guess is not necessary. Plus opening the top of the case so he can put fans there is gonna take some of the sound proofing away.

That'd keep positive air pressure, noise to minimum I thinkand, hopefully enough airflow 

5900X

MSI MEG X570 Unify

RTX 3080

Dark Base Pro 900

Corsair RM1000i

1 minute ago, Alesek said:

Depending on the components and the noise level you're shooting for, it should be fine.