Air cooler that would fit in a aercool x1 with side.

igetaroundd

I'm looking for a decent small air cooler for my i5 2500k, for about £20-£40. I recently bought a hyper 212 but that wouldnt fit with a side fan installed.i'm planning to use the side panel fans as intake so a low profile cooler wouldnt work.

CPU - i7-10700K, MB -MSI Z490 Gaming PlusRAM-Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200MHz, GPU - MSI GeForce RTX 3070 GAMING X TRIO, PSU - EVGA 650w Supernova G2 80+ GoldStorage - Samsung 970 EVO 500 GB ,WD 3x Samsung 860 EVO 500GB, Cooler- Noctua NH-D15S, CASE Fractal Meshify 2 Compact

Aerocool X1 cpu cooler height limit is 158mm, with side fan you limit yourself to 133mm cpu cooler, there's not much choice if there's any for a tower I think.

Why not a low profile cooler? A Shadow rock LP would be ideal for that situation.

Budget Rig "Curable":     | FX 6300 @4.5Ghz | Asus R9 270x | Asus Crosshair IV Extreme | 16GB HyperX Beast | 120GB PNY SSD

Tablet "Buddy":                 Trekstor Wintron 10.1|

2 minutes ago, Rodniz said:

Why not a low profile cooler? A Shadow rock LP would be ideal for that situation.

I was planning to use the side panel fans as intake, wouldn't that mess up the airflow?

CPU - i7-10700K, MB -MSI Z490 Gaming PlusRAM-Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200MHz, GPU - MSI GeForce RTX 3070 GAMING X TRIO, PSU - EVGA 650w Supernova G2 80+ GoldStorage - Samsung 970 EVO 500 GB ,WD 3x Samsung 860 EVO 500GB, Cooler- Noctua NH-D15S, CASE Fractal Meshify 2 Compact

8 minutes ago, igetaroundd said:

I was planning to use the side panel fans as intake, wouldn't that mess up the airflow?

There's a mixed result on whether blowing air towards the heatsink or away from the heatsink gives better cooling.

If you can find positive results on a cooler with fan blowing towards the heatsink itself on a low profile cooler then you can give that a shot I guess.

29 minutes ago, Ichi said:

There's a mixed result on whether blowing air towards the heatsink or away from the heatsink gives better cooling.

If you can find positive results on a cooler with fan blowing towards the heatsink itself on a low profile cooler then you can give that a shot I guess.

I'm gonna give the shadow rock lp a try

10 hours ago, igetaroundd said:

Just remove the side fan. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.