Rx 480 full specs and @1266mhz it rival the gtx 980 and the r9 nano

balmung11

"Our tests were conducted by our own Keith May with our newly acquired Intel i7 6800K six core Broadwell-E CPU. The RX 480 4GB & RX 480 8GB were benchmarked with an Intel Core i7 4960X six core Ivy Bridge-E CPU by the source."

keith may amd employee ?

52 minutes ago, Majestic said:

AdoredTV has been wrong in the past. I don't see how it overclocking like a champ, to warrant +70 dollar, wouldn't have been part of the campaign yet. 1300mhz is a hardwall, one Nvidia hit aswell. I'm not sure AMD has the R&D to completely revise their pathtracing. 

I'm not making statements, i'm simply guessing it's not going to overclock well. And it will fall somewhere along the lines of the GXT 970/R9-390/R9-390X in gaming.

It won't surpass a 980, especially not an overclocked one (proper OC...)

We saw benches of the RX 470 beating the 970. RX 480 will certainly beat the 980 as the gap is small

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

3 minutes ago, don_svetlio said:

We saw benches of the RX 470 beating the 970. RX 480 will certainly beat the 980 as the gap is small

I'd much rather wait for some proper aftermarket vs. aftermarket benchmarks. I'm thinking Polaris is going to be just as underwhelming as Pascal is, once you get down to it.

Pascal was really impressive against maxwell in the stock benchmarks, but less so when you started comparing factory overclocked models.

1 minute ago, Majestic said:

I'd much rather wait for some proper aftermarket vs. aftermarket benchmarks. I'm thinking Polaris is going to be just as underwhelming as Pascal is, once you get down to it.

Why? Every news outlet is posting 470 benches and they are tied with a 970. 480 is better on paper and will probably be better in practice seeing as most outlets agree that it slots in between the 980 and Fury and all that at 120W Power draw and minimal heat output

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

2 minutes ago, don_svetlio said:

Why? Every news outlet is posting 470 benches and they are tied with a 970.

480 is better on paper and will probably be better in practice seeing as most outlets agree that it slots in between the 980 and Fury and all that at 120W Power draw and minimal heat output

Reposting leaks you mean.

Yeah because AMD has always been better in practice than on paper. Bitch please.  I'm not saying it will be a bad card, it will probably be really good value. But i'm talking absolute performance. And i'm not convinced the low thermals and power usage is an indicator that the chips will be a big overclocker. Because it's not the sole determining factor to the limit of the frequency. 

1 minute ago, Majestic said:

Reposting leaks you mean.

Yeah because AMD has always been better in practice than on paper. Bitch please.  I'm not saying it will be a bad card, it will probably be really good value. But i'm talking absolute performance. And i'm not convinced the low thermals and power usage is an indicator that the chips will be a big overclocker. Because it's not the sole determining factor to the limit of the frequency. 

Oh please, you were saying the exact opposite when discussion Maxwell.

The poll at the bottom of the page is quite interesting, if the benchmark numbers hold up, AMD will probably succeed in gaining back market share.

6 minutes ago, Megahurt said:

The poll at the bottom of the page is quite interesting, if the benchmark numbers hold up, AMD will probably succeed in gaining back market share.

Obviously - 2 of them cost the same as a 1070 but perform better and draw similar amounts of power.

Except that CF/SLI scaling hasn't been great lately, if it was even supported.  It's certainly lacklustre in terms of value for money.

It does favor AMD when it's supported, but anyone buying a GPU at that pricepoint is better off getting the fastest single GPU money can buy. It's only really a thing when you have the disposable income and have the knowledge of it not always being optimal value.

it says exclusive not a leak/rumor they are even doing actual testing of benchmarks they even tested it on some games and dx12 titles sad to say no video for some reason , since they declared it that way with all the specs and test anyway at june 29th we will all know  since we can watch a lot of reviews from tech expert like linus :D

I am curious... why did AMD mention $299 if there isn't going to be a 490?

(hinted at by Adored TV)  So he could be wrong... but he's basing his assumptions on the past. The power draw, inputs, and so forth... was usually the standard.

Do they have something up their sleeve we don't know about?

If the 480 is $229 for the 8 Gb version, what's going on?

I think the 480 will be successful but I don't know how well the 470 will do seeing as it's only $50 less than the 4Gb version of the 480 and the perf. is quite different.

The 480 hands down beats the 970 and that is solid enough for me to know that AMD has cornered a part of the market again... if everything is correct.

5 minutes ago, alphaproject said:

I am curious... why did AMD mention $299 if there isn't going to be a 490?

(hinted at by Adored TV)  So he could be wrong... but he's basing his assumptions on the past. The power draw, inputs, and so forth... was usually the standard.

Do they have something up their sleeve we don't know about?

If the 480 is $229 for the 8 Gb version, what's going on?

I think the 480 will be successful but I don't know how well the 470 will do seeing as it's only $50 less than the 4Gb version of the 480 and the perf. is quite different.

The 480 hands down beats the 970 and that is solid enough for me to know that AMD has cornered a part of the market again... if everything is correct.

uhmmm
"We’re told that AMD’s partners are preparing a huge array of graphics card options. Including some serious “beast mode” 8GB cards that will sell for up to $299 and overclock to the moon."

overclock to the moon lol xD

Oh wow... So nearly $100 worth of overclocking on the 480... interesting.

I guess we shall see.