Rx 480 full specs and @1266mhz it rival the gtx 980 and the r9 nano

balmung11
1 minute ago, balmung11 said:

Please include a quote from that article and your own opinion of the news.  Until then it can't be in this section.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

60*C? On what fan speed? 

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

6 minutes ago, Pohernori said:

60*C? On what fan speed? 

it does not say on the article but the rx 480 being run in the test is a reference cooler so it might be the same as the nano

39 minutes ago, balmung11 said:

it does not say on the article but the rx 480 being run in the test is a reference cooler so it might be the same as the nano

Wow. That's not bad. 

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

Says more about how bad the Nano was for it's cost if anything, ROTFL.

14 minutes ago, alphaproject said:

Says more about how bad the Nano was for it's cost if anything, ROTFL.

coz hbm is sooooo expensive to build

anyway the rx 480 might lower its price but if the reference rx 480 is able to rival the 980 and the nano then what  about those custom factory overclock by AIB  :D

So, the OP's benchmark contradicts this videocardz benchmark:

http://videocardz.com/61005/new-amd-radeon-rx-480-3dmark-benchmarks

I hope the OP's benchmark is the one that's correct.

You own the software that you purchase - Understanding software licenses and EULAs

"We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the american public believes is false" - William Casey, CIA Director 1981-1987

Well shit, i'm almost exploding with excitement :P

let us all remember now and today, computers do not like abuse, they will fight back!

Old Skool KILLBOX. XEON E5640 4.0ghz / ASUS P6X58D-E ~ Noctua NH-L12 ~ eVGA GTX 670 SC 2GB 1312/7000 ~ 4TB 7200 RPM RAID0 ~ CoolerMaster Haf 922 ~ DELL P214H 23" 1080 IPS 2ms ~ HP w2007v 1680x1050. Now Playing: Splinter Cell OG XBOX / CSGO PC

Original XBOX - Xecuter 2 4981.67 Bios. Playstation 2 Slim SCPH-70002. Sega Dreamcast. N64

10 minutes ago, Delicieuxz said:

So, the OP's benchmark contradicts this videocardz benchmark:

http://videocardz.com/61005/new-amd-radeon-rx-480-3dmark-benchmarks

I hope the OP's benchmark is the one that's correct.

i think the author got the rx 480 or he know someone who got the card , he got all the information of the rx 480 and done a lot of test from 3d benchmark to power consumption and temp of the card .

and btw " We’re told that AMD’s partners are preparing a huge array of graphics card options. Including some serious “beast mode” 8GB cards that will sell for up to $299 and overclock to the moon."

a 300$ polaris 10 with uber overclock i smell r9 280x toxic version of rx 480

Maybe the VideoCardz bench was run at the non-boost 1080 Mhz clock speed, while the WCCFTech bench was run at the 1266 boost clock speed.

You own the software that you purchase - Understanding software licenses and EULAs

"We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the american public believes is false" - William Casey, CIA Director 1981-1987

24 minutes ago, Delicieuxz said:

Maybe the VideoCardz bench was run at the non-boost 1080 Mhz clock speed, while the WCCFTech bench was run at the 1266 boost clock speed.

well it is on 1266mhz boost clock speed  the good new is its only 60 Celsius and only 100W power draw so meaning more overclocking potential and there is a 299$ of that card

+ for those who cant afford a rx 480 and need a much more cheaper alternative  the rx 470 is the answer almost par with r9 290

http://www.guru3d.com/news-story/radeon-rx-470-benchmarks.html

55 minutes ago, Delicieuxz said:

1266MHz *stock clocks

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

so is

22 minutes ago, Majestic said:

That's not a real 980 overclock, my MSI 980 ships with that frequency.

Tbh, i suspect it to land between the 390 and 390X somewhere.

it will be the same with rx 480 lets wait for a rx 480 msi version

4 minutes ago, Majestic said:

Assuming it has any OC headroom. Which I suspect it doesn't.

it has coz there is a 300$ rx 480 

Waiting for the 29th is painful. 

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

4 minutes ago, balmung11 said:

it has coz there is a 300$ rx 480 

AdoredTV has been wrong in the past. I don't see how it overclocking like a champ, to warrant +70 dollar, wouldn't have been part of the campaign yet. 1300mhz is a hardwall, one Nvidia hit aswell. I'm not sure AMD has the R&D to completely revise their pathtracing. 

I'm not making statements, i'm simply guessing it's not going to overclock well. And it will fall somewhere along the lines of the GXT 970/R9-390/R9-390X in gaming.

It won't surpass a 980, especially not an overclocked one (proper OC...)

14 nm dude 14nm its a new architecture not a rebrand as u can see it only has 100W power draw at 1266mhz again base on those benchmark test

4 minutes ago, balmung11 said:

14 nm dude 14nm its a new architecture not a rebrand as u can see it only has 100W power draw at 1266mhz again base on those benchmark test

Nvidia hit that hardwall at 16nm, not 28. And it wasn't limited by thermals. And I know it's not a rebrand, but that doesn't mean a complete pathtrace overhaul by default... 

You can have your opinion, i'll have mine. We'll see who's right very soon.

probably let see on june 29 either way its a good feat to beat a reference oc gtx 980 vs a reference rx 480 and the rx 480 is 200$ less than the gtx 980 even the r9 390x which is also op :D

8 minutes ago, Majestic said:

Nvidia hit that hardwall at 16nm, not 28. And I know it's not a rebrand, but that doesn't mean a complete pathtrace overhaul by default....

Since when do we believe anything said by nvidia marketing team,?  

For all we know AMD down clocked the card to make it competitive in perf/watt area And reach the advertised  2.8 perf/watt  over the past generation. 

Slowly...In the hollows of the trees, In the shadow of the leaves, In the space between the waves, In the whispers of the wind,In the bottom of the well, In the darkness of the eaves...

Slowly places that had been silent for who knows how long... Stopped being Silent.