New Xbox: 4k Capable and VR Ready (Project Scorpio)

9 hours ago, christianled59 said:

I guarentee it wont have a 1080 in it. NO way. They aren't going to sell a $900 console. It'll have a polaris card in it and sell for like $600. Might sell at a loss for $500 and bundle a rift with it for $1k. 

Granted this is place holder price and Australian pricing but Canada will be somewhat close to our pricing and imagine the rest of the world. 

Capture1.PNG

Iirc 6Tflops is the same as titanX whereas the 1080 has 9Tflops. I deffinitley won't be getting this if it's anywhere near that price, especially since it's coming holiday 2017 the 11000/AMD whatever series will be out by then mopping the floor with this thing.

39 minutes ago, JAKEBAB said:

Granted this is place holder price and Australian pricing but Canada will be somewhat close to our pricing and imagine the rest of the world. 

Capture1.PNG

Iirc 6Tflops is the same as titanX whereas the 1080 has 9Tflops. I deffinitley won't be getting this if it's anywhere near that price, especially since it's coming holiday 2017 the 11000/AMD whatever series will be out by then mopping the floor with this thing.

EBGames placeholders mean nothing. From memory before the Wii U launched EBGames put a placeholder price of $650AU or something similar. It then launched with two SKUs at $350AU and $430AU.

Fools think they know everything, experts know they know nothing

10 hours ago, glitchmaster0001 said:

unless people manage to put 2 gtx 1080s and i7 6700k performance in that little box then maybe but i doubt it 

Well a single 980 Ti can do 4k30 games pretty easily let alone a GTX 1080 which can push 4k60 in some games (high-ultra settings)

i7 6700K - ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger - Corsair H110i GT CPU Cooler - EVGA GTX 980 Ti ACX2.0+ SC+ - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz - Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - AX760i - Corsair 450D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

i7 3770K - H110 Corsair CPU Cooler - ASUS P8Z77 V-PRO - GTX 980 Reference - 16GB HyperX Beast 1600MHz - Intel 240GB SSD - HX750i - Corsair 750D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

2 minutes ago, skywake said:

EBGames placeholders mean nothing. From memory before the Wii U launched EBGames put a placeholder price of $650AU or something similar. It then launched with two SKUs at $350AU and $430AU.

I did point out it is a placeholder in my original post. But i still believe it will be around $700-$800 mark for Australians.

4 minutes ago, JAKEBAB said:

I did point out it is a placeholder in my original post. But i still believe it will be around $700-$800 mark for Australians.

Yeah I know. I'm just making it clear for everyone how little EBGames placeholders actually mean. They're not more informative than some random posting a random figure in the youtube comments under a trailer

Fools think they know everything, experts know they know nothing

1 hour ago, JAKEBAB said:

Capture1.PNG

6 tflops is also in the ballpark of a RX 480

6Tflop of theorical raw power hm ... a bit better than a 980Ti, which isn't 4K capable. But hey, it's just a marketing argument, look at the Tflops diferences between GTX 680 and 7700 series from AMD, and look at the performances...

But afterall, this is a good news in two ways imo:

- Console players will finally experience 1080P and a good amount of FPS + graphical filters.

- Console manufacturers finally try to get out of the technological abyss, which means  that the devs might also push for better graphics technologies.

CPU: i7 4790K | MB: Asus Z97-A | RAM: 32Go Hyper X Fury 1866MHz | GPU's: GTX 1080Ti | PSU: Corsair AX 850 | Storage: Vertex 3, 2x Sandisk Ultra II,Velociraptor | Case : Corsair Air 540

Mice: Steelseries Rival | KB: Corsair K70 RGB | Headset: Steelseries H wireless

18 hours ago, christianled59 said:

18 hours ago, christianled59 said:

I agree. 4k gaming isn't going to happen on this little guy unless its sidescroller games. But vr I can imagine is capable. 

It will Probably play 4k like how the xbox one Plays 1080p Not at 60fps typically and not always at full resolution.

its probably going to have a cheap rx 480 chip inside which they will probably get in a deal from AMD at much lower price than 200$

What I hate about this console is that they could've released a more powerful console years ago when they released the Xbox One and PS4. They released consoles that could barely hit 30FPS at 1080p and then 3 years down the line they're releasing new consoles. I think both Microsoft and Sony deliberately downgraded the Xbox One and PS4 in order to sell more consoles.

So I watched the E3 presentation and I am a little confused. They showed a Forza 3 demo and it was running on an Xbox One and an Xbox One S.

When they showed Forza on the One S they said Forza 3 on the Xbox One S with HDR and then said so and so is playing on the Xbox One.

So does the One S have a different feature set than the One?

And scorpio is a completely new/different console in 2017?

9900K  / Noctua NH-D15S / Z390 Aorus Master / 32GB DDR4 Vengeance Pro 3200Mhz / eVGA 2080 Ti Black Ed / Morpheus II Core / Meshify C / LG 27UK650-W / PS4 Pro / XBox One X

53 minutes ago, Bouzoo said:

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that is not only 40% smaller.

13458687_10154691980511754_7188889927406

It looks 40% smaller to me.

Wishing leads to ambition and ambition leads to motivation and motivation leads to me building an illegal rocket ship in my backyard.

6 hours ago, michaelocarroll007 said:

It will Probably play 4k like how the xbox one Plays 1080p Not at 60fps typically and not always at full resolution.

They said it would be running at full, real, native resolution at all times and will not drop in resolution.

Wishing leads to ambition and ambition leads to motivation and motivation leads to me building an illegal rocket ship in my backyard.

37 minutes ago, Valermos said:

So I watched the E3 presentation and I am a little confused. They showed a Forza 3 demo and it was running on an Xbox One and an Xbox One S.

When they showed Forza on the One S they said Forza 3 on the Xbox One S with HDR and then said so and so is playing on the Xbox One.

So does the One S have a different feature set than the One?

And scorpio is a completely new/different console in 2017?

The original Xbox One doesn't support HDR. It's using HDMI 1.4 which doesn't support it but the actual hardware itself does support it which also means it's the same internals. So they've upgraded the display output to HDMI 2.0 which of course supports HDR. So it will have a much improved image quality. Oh and your display needs to support it as well. And the content; whether it be video or game content. I don't believe HDR is more demanding to render but maybe I'm completely wrong in that regard? Maybe someone can clarify on that.

As mentioned the Xbox One S will also have 4K support including 4K blu-ray meaning it'll be able to play 4K video content but obviously not 4K gaming. And it's smaller with an improved design and an improved controller as well.

And yes, Scorpio is a brand new console launching in 2017 with completely new hardware that is much more powerful than the Xbox One but will be backwards compatible due to the architecture being the same (mostly), so all your Xbox One games will be playable on it.

VR ready, suuuuuuuure

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

1 hour ago, Trixanity said:

The original Xbox One doesn't support HDR. It's using HDMI 1.4 which doesn't support it but the actual hardware itself does support it which also means it's the same internals. So they've upgraded the display output to HDMI 2.0 which of course supports HDR. So it will have a much improved image quality. Oh and your display needs to support it as well. And the content; whether it be video or game content. I don't believe HDR is more demanding to render but maybe I'm completely wrong in that regard? Maybe someone can clarify on that.

As mentioned the Xbox One S will also have 4K support including 4K blu-ray meaning it'll be able to play 4K video content but obviously not 4K gaming. And it's smaller with an improved design and an improved controller as well.

And yes, Scorpio is a brand new console launching in 2017 with completely new hardware that is much more powerful than the Xbox One but will be backwards compatible due to the architecture being the same (mostly), so all your Xbox One games will be playable on it.

Dude thank you so much for clearing that up for me.

9900K  / Noctua NH-D15S / Z390 Aorus Master / 32GB DDR4 Vengeance Pro 3200Mhz / eVGA 2080 Ti Black Ed / Morpheus II Core / Meshify C / LG 27UK650-W / PS4 Pro / XBox One X

14 hours ago, IhazHedont said:

6Tflop of theorical raw power hm ... a bit better than a 980Ti, which isn't 4K capable. But hey, it's just a marketing argument, look at the Tflops diferences between GTX 680 and 7700 series from AMD, and look at the performances...

But afterall, this is a good news in two ways imo:

- Console players will finally experience 1080P and a good amount of FPS + graphical filters.

- Console manufacturers finally try to get out of the technological abyss, which means  that the devs might also push for better graphics technologies.

980ti is capable of 4k gaming 

8 hours ago, Demonking said:

980ti is capable of 4k gaming 

<60 FPS isn't capable to me =p

CPU: i7 4790K | MB: Asus Z97-A | RAM: 32Go Hyper X Fury 1866MHz | GPU's: GTX 1080Ti | PSU: Corsair AX 850 | Storage: Vertex 3, 2x Sandisk Ultra II,Velociraptor | Case : Corsair Air 540

Mice: Steelseries Rival | KB: Corsair K70 RGB | Headset: Steelseries H wireless