Holy hell! Doing a custom EK water cooling setup is this expensive!?

That's relatively cheap.

CPU: I7 5960X @4612 MHZ/1.325Vcore | Cooler: Full custom loop | Mobo: Asus X-99A | GPU: 2 EVGA 980 TI Classifieds | RAM: G.Skill Trident Z 32 GBs 3200 MHZ | Storage: Samsung SM951 512 GB M.2 Drive, Mushkin Eco2 512 GB SSD, Muskin Chronos 480 GB SSD | PSU: Corsair HX 1000i | Case: Fractal define R5 | Monitor: LG 34UC87M-B

Not a bad price overall, like the others have said, going with hard tubing is the most expensive and time consuming way. I spent less than 2 hours assembling/mounting my waterblocks for my CPU and GPU and then putting them in my rig, which included me rigging up my OEM backplate instead of the EK one, which are not compatible, and probably 8-10 hours cutting tubing ( I learned the lesson of measure twice cut once that day)

Why not considering an EK Predator? Premium parts and expandable to integrate a GPU.

Very user friendly and adding the GPU waterblock is just mounting it on the card and plugging it into the loop.

On 6/12/2016 at 4:30 PM, stconquest said:

It just feels weird to have heated water move to another component (heat producing) to cool it.

I know the temp equalizes, just feels weird.

As others have said it doesn't make much of a difference. But to give you an idea, I have my 6700k followed by R9 Fury in my loop and their max temperatures are 60C and 35C respectively. I also made sure to have flow from the CPU to the GPU so as to minimise the heat dumped on my CPU.

CPU - Ryzen Threadripper 2950X | Motherboard - X399 GAMING PRO CARBON AC | RAM - G.Skill Trident Z RGB 4x8GB DDR4-3200 14-13-13-21 | GPU - Aorus GTX 1080 Ti Waterforce WB Xtreme Edition | Case - Inwin 909 (Silver) | Storage - Samsung 950 Pro 500GB, Samsung 970 Evo 500GB, Samsung 840 Evo 500GB, HGST DeskStar 6TB, WD Black 2TB | PSU - Corsair AX1600i | Display - DELL ULTRASHARP U3415W |

Custom water cooling isn't cheap, quality fittings/adapters were the most expensive parts for me.

Not sure if already suggested but take a look into EKWB's complete kits, they have 4 lines of kits available. These kits are packed with high quality products, no gimping or inferior components whatsoever. Also saves you the 'hassle' of buying everything separate and worrying if everything fits etc...

https://www.ekwb.com/shop/kits

Edit: Oh, and their ZMT soft-tubing is awesome. I'm using it myself and i'm very very satisfied with both its 'performance' and the looks:

16.jpg

Thats why I am a little against it I rather put the money into better hardware. I feel like water cooling is best for people that have god spec 4-5k systems where 500 to 700 to overclock the shit out of it is justified. But if your even in the 2k range that could be an extra car or a major bump to the cpu.

Tbh I  really want to though its the only thing I have not done.

14 hours ago, Rck010 said:

Custom water cooling isn't cheap, quality fittings/adapters were the most expensive parts for me.

Not sure if already suggested but take a look into EKWB's complete kits, they have 4 lines of kits available. These kits are packed with high quality products, no gimping or inferior components whatsoever. Also saves you the 'hassle' of buying everything separate and worrying if everything fits etc...

https://www.ekwb.com/shop/kits

Edit: Oh, and their ZMT soft-tubing is awesome. I'm using it myself and i'm very very satisfied with both its 'performance' and the looks:

That's soft tubing done right! Looks great. And I agree with the ZMT from EKWB - it really is an awesome product. Remember to flush it before use as stated on the packaging.