Hotspot Shield doesn't support Torrent Clients?

Mac

I just purchased Hotspot Shield and I've got everything connected and I tried to continue with my Torrents.

I get absolutely nothing when I'm connected, once I disconnect it downloads.

When disconnected

d444920a84a4c9efa4422ee6c4ae26f5.png

After just connecting

10d545da2a6c397ab211b92baa96b792.png

Once connected

43e3184fb19a1862db3170cbbc2bb507.png

Reading through the T&C I'm guessing this is the reason

"6.3 Content Restrictions. YOU MAY NOT (AND MAY NOT ALLOW A THIRD PARTY TO) COPY, REPRODUCE, CAPTURE, STORE, RETRANSMIT, DISTRIBUTE, OR BURN TO CD (OR ANY OTHER FORMAT) ANY COPYRIGHTED CONTENT THAT YOU ACCESS OR RECEIVE WHILE USING THE HOTSPOT SHIELD SOFTWARE OR SERVICE. YOU ASSUME ALL RISK AND LIABILITY FOR ANY SUCH PROHIBITED USE OF COPYRIGHTED CONTENT."

Well this is a deal breaker for me, and if anyone else was thinking about getting HSS before the offer is up, I suppose this is a bit of advice.

Before I get a refund, anyone have a way around this?

But you can also torrent legal stuff, so technically they should allow torrenting

Stock coolers - The sound of bare minimum

But you can also torrent legal stuff, so technically they should allow torrenting

My point exactly, probably just going to contact their support and ask about it, if there's no solution for me, I'll refund.

My point exactly, probably just going to contact their support and ask about it, if there's no solution for me, I'll refund.

Good luck on the journey to the land of customer support

Stock coolers - The sound of bare minimum

Good luck on the journey to the land of customer support

I have a feeling this is going to take a few days

"YOU ASSUME ALL RISK AND LIABILITY FOR ANY SUCH PROHIBITED USE OF COPYRIGHTED CONTENT." This bit here makes me think they are telling you that you can technically do what ever you want with it but its your own problem when you get in trouble if you do ever get in trouble. But asuming your not breaking any laws then...this thing is kind of pointless for your usage case.

I use www.privateinternetaccess.com and I can torrent on it, it's slightly slower that without it but only slightly. I can stream USA shows and stuff and it's been OK, there has been the odd problem here and there but nothing major...

Intel Core I5-3570K @ 4.4GHz, AMD Radeon HD6950, Asus P8Z77-I Deluxe motherboard, 8GB DDR3 Corsair RAM, Corsair H100, 60GB Agility3 OS drive + 1TB WD Blue drive. 

I use this rig mainly for facebook and emails. Pointless effort to be honest!

Why do you need to use Hotspot Shield btw o_o

PC SYSTEM: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 / i5 2500k @ 4.2ghz / CM Hyper 212 EVO / Gigabyte 670 OC SLI / MSI P67A-GD53 B3 / Kingston HyperX Blue 8Gb / 

WD 2tb Storage Drive / BenQ GW2750HM - ASUS VE248H - Panasonic TX-P42ST60BCorsair AX750 / Logitech K360 / Razer Naga / Plantronics Gamecom 380 /

Asus Xonar DGX / Samsung 830 256gb / MEDIA eMachine ER1401 running OpenELEC XBMC with Seagate STBV3000200 3TB Hard Drive - Panasonic TX-P42ST60B

Why do you need to use Hotspot Shield btw o_o

1. Save data on my phone

2. Torrent without my ISP throttling me

And a few other things like it being better to not have your own IP on display.

EDIT: and US Netflix.

Your ISP won't throttle you unless you're on something like TalkTalk. All I can say is "BT is Awesome". They haven't throttled me at any time... I get a constant stream of 6Mb, whish is about 3x the speed of what TalkTalk used to give.

For Hulu and American Netflix etc, I use something called MediaHint. It doesn't really slow your traffic down and it is only active when you are on the restricted sites. I don't get the need for a VPN to be honest unless you feel your connection is really compromisable. Such as if you piggyback off of a Coffee shop a lot.

Compatible with Windows 95

Your ISP won't throttle you unless you're on something like TalkTalk. All I can say is "BT is Awesome". They haven't throttled me at any time... I get a constant stream of 6Mb, whish is about 3x the speed of what TalkTalk used to give.

For Hulu and American Netflix etc, I use something called MediaHint. It doesn't really slow your traffic down and it is only active when you are on the restricted sites. I don't get the need for a VPN to be honest unless you feel your connection is really compromisable. Such as if you piggyback off of a Coffee shop a lot.

I use MediaHint, but it sometimes blocks me from watching some stuff in the UK so I have to go disable it, I know same problem with the VPN.

Virgin Media throttle.

I use MediaHint, but it sometimes blocks me from watching some stuff in the UK so I have to go disable it, I know same problem with the VPN.

Virgin Media throttle.

Ah right. I didn't know that they did all the time, only at peak hours. But won't they throttle the VPN as it is still P to P?

Ah right. I didn't know that they did all the time, only at peak hours. But won't they throttle the VPN as it is still P to P?

They throttle when they know it's Torrents, other stuff is okay.

Also at peak hours it's a pain.

I'll live without a VPN for a while, don't need it right now and I would rather buy some BTC.

Virgin will throttle no matter if you use a VPN or not, as soon as you go over their piss poor low fair usage limit your bandwidth is halved for 5 hours no matter what you have been using it for,

edit they have changed it, still crap though

http://help.virginmedia.com/system/selfservice.controller?CMD=VIEW_ARTICLE&ARTICLE_ID=3103&CURRENT_CMD=SEARCH&CONFIGURATION=1001&PARTITION_ID=1&USERTYPE=1&LANGUAGE=en&COUNTY=us&VM_CUSTOMER_TYPE=Cable

----Ryzen R9 5900X----X570 Aorus elite----Vetroo V5----240GB Kingston HyperX 3k----Samsung 250GB EVO840----512GB Kingston Nvme----3TB Seagate----4TB Western Digital Green----8TB Seagate----32GB Patriot Viper 4 3200Mhz CL 16 ----Power Color Red dragon 5700XT----Fractal Design R4 Black Pearl ----Corsair RM850w----

They throttle when they know it's Torrents, other stuff is okay.

Also at peak hours it's a pain.

I'll live without a VPN for a while, don't need it right now and I would rather buy some BTC.

Virgin will throttle no matter if you use a VPN or not, as soon as you go over their piss poor low fair usage limit your bandwidth is halved for 5 hours no matter what you have been using it for,

edit they have changed it, still crap though

http://help.virginmedia.com/system/selfservice.controller?CMD=VIEW_ARTICLE&ARTICLE_ID=3103&CURRENT_CMD=SEARCH&CONFIGURATION=1001&PARTITION_ID=1&USERTYPE=1&LANGUAGE=en&COUNTY=us&VM_CUSTOMER_TYPE=Cable

That really sucks. Are you in a BT FTTP/FTTC area, or is it just Virgin Media?

• 4 months later...

Sorry for the megabump, but as a allover download forbidding law is coming really close for the Netherlands, I'm looking for a torrenting VPN.

How did this ever end up?

I'm dutch, so feel free to correct any spelling mistakes I might make.  I try to do the best I can!

Spoiler

CASE: Fractal Design Define R6 MOBO: Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero (Wi-Fi) CPU: Intel Core i7-9700K GPU: Asus ROG-STRIX-GTX1080TI PSU: Corsair HX1000 V2 MEM: 64GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200mhz  COOLER: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 STORAGE: Samsung 970 EVO 500gb +1tb NVME / Samsung 840EVo 1tb / HGST Ultrastar 10tb

Sorry for the megabump, but as a allover download forbidding law is coming really close for the Netherlands, I'm looking for a torrenting VPN.

How did this ever end up?

This is not the VPN if you want to torrent on, sadly.