Question about Define R5 and H100i

Zyre

Greetings,

I got myself an Define R5 a couple of months ago. Soon I want to get myself a H100i.

I like the sound dampening characteristics of this case.

I have a couple of questions trough.

1. If I put the H100i in the front, won't this heat my GPU up more? I plan on OC my 2500k to 4,5/4,8ghz. The reason is that I'll be pushing the hot air inside the case, not outside like the top.

2. I have a SSD and HDD. Both are slides in the smaller storage cage. I also don't use the DVD cage. Can I remove the DVD cage, put the smaller storage cage up in the top, and still have room for the H100i in the front? I would like to use both fans on the H100i.

Hope someone can clear this up!

1) barely, i would rather have my CPU slightly cooler than a GPU slightly cooler

if you put it on the top then your CPU will heat up more since the GPU heat is going through the radiator

also IOs are quieter if you mount them vertically on the front

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

1: it wont matter in an amount you should care about. i'd dare claim ambient temperatures change more.

2: look at the R5's manual, you have more options than you think ;)

I looked at the manual. It seems you can't move the below drive cage to the place of the DVD cage. 

Bummer :(

Firstly, you are most likely not gonna be getting 4.8Ghz, on that i5 2500k of yours.

Secondly, the H100i is noisy as fuck. I'd recommend the Noctua NH-D15 instead, since it performs better, and is MUCH quieter.

Thirdly, if you do put the H100i radiator at the front, you won't be able to use the hard drive bays.

(I own a Fractal R5, and i've tried running a liquid AIO before in that case.)

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

Second his answer, doesnt make much sense to screw the rest of your parts just for a AIO.