Paint a mousepad?

Hey guys,

I plan on getting a new mousepad and my two options are the glorious extended mousepad (white) and the steelseries qck. My problem is that the qck (at least bigger versions) have a lot larger actual space for the mouse to move. However, a white mousepad would look a lot better on my desk. My question now is, if I can paint a mousepad white without damaging it or loosing quality? If yes: what kind of paint should I use?

Other alternatives are obviously welcome :)

Thanks to all of you :)

You cannot paint a mouse pad as it will ruin the surface on it :/ 

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

Mousepads are specially patterned for the better accuracy, glide and other crap. If you paint it you will ruin the texture, also I don't see paint applying well to cloth mousepads anyway. 

Nope. If it's cloth I'm pretty sure you can dye it. Probably not going to work either though, considering that it's already black.

7 minutes ago, Mobby Dick said:

Hey guys,

I plan on getting a new mousepad and my two options are the glorious extended mousepad (white) and the steelseries qck. My problem is that the qck (at least bigger versions) have a lot larger actual space for the mouse to move. However, a white mousepad would look a lot better on my desk. My question now is, if I can paint a mousepad white without damaging it or loosing quality? If yes: what kind of paint should I use?

Other alternatives are obviously welcome :)

Thanks to all of you :)

I think it would work okay if you used clothing markers or some such made for fabric...or just sharpies if you're on the thrifty side and don't mind a little ink bleed.

I am a paid professional, but only when I am at work...and getting paid.

Nope, don't do it.

Maybe you can make something yourself with some cloth and soft, but still sturdy material on the inside.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

You will not be able to paint it

He who asks is stupid for 5 minutes. He who does not ask, remains stupid. -Chinese proverb. 

Those who know much are aware that they know little. - Slick roasting me

Spoiler

AXIOM

CPU- Intel i5-6500 GPU- EVGA 1060 6GB Motherboard- Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H RAM- 8GB HyperX DDR4-2133 PSU- EVGA GQ 650w HDD- OEM 750GB Seagate Case- NZXT S340 Mouse- Logitech Gaming g402 Keyboard-  Azio MGK1 Headset- HyperX Cloud Core

Offical first poster LTT V2.0

• 4 years later...

dyeing a large white mousepad shouldn't hurt it but because you want white you cant do it