My opinion on RX 480

Simon771
23 minutes ago, Dackzy said:

I cant wait for Vega and the 490x, because if this shows anything about vega at all and how well they have made the cards, Vega is going to be insane and they will have to fuck up really badly for vega being meh.

all about the NAVI man... ain't nothing replacing my 1090€ investment this year

CPU: Intel i7 5820K @ 4.20 GHz | MotherboardMSI X99S SLI PLUS | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz | GPU: Sapphire R9 Fury (x2 CrossFire)
Storage: Samsung 950Pro 512GB // OCZ Vector150 240GB // Seagate 1TB | PSU: Seasonic 1050 Snow Silent | Case: NZXT H440 | Cooling: Nepton 240M
FireStrike // Extreme // Ultra // 8K // 16K

1 minute ago, DXMember said:

all about the NAVI man... ain't nothing replacing my 1050€ investment this year

I am building a brand new system with 2x 490x. I will 100% go AMD this gen because of better DX12 support and the keep making their cards better and better with updates.

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

1 minute ago, Dackzy said:

I am building a brand new system with 2x 490x. I will 100% go AMD this gen because of better DX12 support and the keep making their cards better and better with updates.

we drag the capitalist bodies across the street and paint it red with their blood

all hail to our overlord Raja !

CPU: Intel i7 5820K @ 4.20 GHz | MotherboardMSI X99S SLI PLUS | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz | GPU: Sapphire R9 Fury (x2 CrossFire)
Storage: Samsung 950Pro 512GB // OCZ Vector150 240GB // Seagate 1TB | PSU: Seasonic 1050 Snow Silent | Case: NZXT H440 | Cooling: Nepton 240M
FireStrike // Extreme // Ultra // 8K // 16K

4 minutes ago, DXMember said:

we drag the capitalist bodies across the street and paint it red with their blood

all hail to our overlord Raja !

Let us pray to a picture of him

AMD-Raja-Koduri-Capsaicin.jpg

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

4 hours ago, MadyTehWolfie said:

Id wait to see what the 1060 and 1050 do. My guess it will perform the same if not better for the same price. saying youll upgrade before both companies show their cards off is a big mistake

Ive been waiting for 6 months to upgrade my 760, and with the driver crashes the past months and dick moves im done with nvidia for now.

And lastly ive already got a freesync monitor

Let's agree to disagree

I don't think I've ever been excited over a new video card, but now... oh boy.

I'll wait a month or two after release to see the reviews first though.

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity"

- George Carlin (1937-2008)

Every company can stretch the truth a bit before launch but I can't see them flat out lying a month before release if they know well 2 of their cards are no where near a GTX 1080 so even if 2 RX 480's come close to a  GTX 1080 then that will still be pretty impressive at that price point

5 hours ago, SteveGrabowski0 said:

The NDA is lifted at launch on June 29th, which is one red flag to me (like they're pulling a Ubisoft). I expect the card to be a disappointment, because if it was really living up to the R9 Fury performance from that rumored bench Raja should have been doing cartwheels on stage and showing bench after bench detailing what ridiculous performance you'd get for a measly $199. Since he didn't the only logical conclusion is the card isn't going to come close to living up to that rumored bench.

The NDA is nothing unusual.

However, giving themselves time is at least a smarter move, if they have already shipped test units to the likes of Linus for much needed feedback and development.
Essentially giving themselves 2 months to collate, fix, and make any patches to try and smooth out the launch.

Something, that we can see by game makers of late, is seldom done.
Logged into a game yesterday, Hitman, been 2 months and still crashing, dropping off of servers cutting games off. Absolutely brain dead. 
And you mention UBI, I can see your concerns and similarities drawn... But we are talking hardware, not software, they wont be so ready to punch out something that wouldn't work,,,, might fall short in certain cases, but its the software's job to make best use of hardware in the end.

Still, will keep my eye on this, its going to be interesting regardless. 

Its not my fault I am grumpy, you try having a porcelain todger that's always hard!