Pet Pictures

SuperShermanTanker
4 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

It is.  It's cooling, but not really that much because the right temperature for that type of snake is like mid 20s up to about 30 C, and they're the perfect amount of squishy but firm for a neck pillow.  Those ones from the store have no substance and they instantly just go flat!

I guess it's ok if you live in a hot climate because it will be beneficial to both you and the snake because the snake gets warmed up from your body heat and you get cooled off from the snake being cold

7 minutes ago, Loleo said:

I definitely agree with the shortages of dog pics so I'll post two!

He is a bit older now but he is still energetic and happy. 

PS: Can we avoid quoting pictures in the future, it takes up unnecessary space.

I have a toy poodle that's 14 years old now and I feel bad for him because he has trouble walking and is starting to loose his hearing and vision but he still tries to be a active little dog.

1 minute ago, SuperShermanTanker said:

I have a toy poodle that's 14 years old now and I feel bad for him because he has trouble walking and is starting to loose his hearing and vision but he still tries to be a active little dog.

Mine ins't as old as that he will turn eight this year but I think because of how he was snake bitten (I'm looking at you @Ryan_Vickers) he might have lost a year to live but at the same time I feel like he is at least going to be 13 or 14 years old. :)

23 minutes ago, SuperShermanTanker said:

Aww it's so cute is it a he or she

It's a he, chocolate Lab

8 minutes ago, SuperShermanTanker said:

I guess it's ok if you live in a hot climate because it will be beneficial to both you and the snake because the snake gets warmed up from your body heat and you get cooled off from the snake being cold

Our climate isn't really hot here, but it do like it cooler so the same effect work out :)

1 minute ago, Loleo said:

Mine ins't as old as that he will turn eight this year but I think because of how he was snake bitten (I'm looking at you @Ryan_Vickers) he might have lost a year to live but at the same time I feel like he is at least going to be 13 or 14 years old. :)

Hey, he's never bitten anything, and there isn't a single recorded case of a boa ever killing a human afaik.  It's usually people doing something stupid with a huge snake they shouldn't have like a Burmese Python, or an African rock Python, or a reticulated Python, or an anaconda, etc.  Our snake is so calm and particular about food, he eats rats but we've had him out around both cooked and raw pork, beef, chicken -you name it, and no response whatsoever.  And you can squish his head boobs and boop the snoot just fine too xD

JU8QFFy.jpg

And while we're talking lifespan, it's hard to guess but I'd expect we might see 35 years out of this guy :) I think the record oldest snake ever was this species, and it was 40 or so, but getting close to that isn't that usual

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

1 minute ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

[...]

Yeah, I was mostly joking and it was actually a Viper or adder..? I don't know the right translation but in Swedish ''huggorm'', I've met a few of them in the wilderness. But I'm actually quite fond of the idea of having a snake as a pet. It's either that or an axolotl when I move out. :)

And yes @Loleo had the right idea - please delete any pictures from your quote if you are replying to someone! :) 

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

Here is my dog we got the bone as a joke on Black Friday it is as long as he is.  We thought that it was stuck in his mouth because he was whimpering, but he was just really happy 

Spoiler

qwithbone.jpg

2 minutes ago, flowalex said:

Here is my dog we got the bone as a joke on Black Friday it is as long as he is.  We thought that it was stuck in his mouth because he was whimpering, but he was just really happy 

Does he get stuck trying to go through doorways? :P

16 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

Does he get stuck trying to go through doorways? :P

He did we got rid of it right before Christmas he had chewed through 1/2 of it

How about a picture of my horse :D

12986958_10154058057811000_2265707473201263408_n.jpg

RIP-A10-5800k @ 4.0Ghz | ASUS GTX 750Ti OC Edition | Gigabyte F2A68HM-DS2H | Corsair Spec-01 | EVGA 500w | Kingston HyperX Fury 2x4 1600mhz | 1tb WD Blue & 500Gb WD Blue | Hyper 212 EVO |

24 minutes ago, Hungryturkey12 said:

How about a picture of my horse :D

gimme

Edited by Ryan_Vickers
removed image from quote

On 31/05/2016 at 6:05 AM, PurpleDido said:

Snip

You should have gotten a pug and named it buttpug to go with your username.

Linus is my fetish.

On 31/05/2016 at 6:05 AM, PurpleDido said:

On 31/05/2016 at 3:51 AM, Ryan_Vickers said:

I would really like to upgrade my useless neck pillow I got off amazon, but I hate the way snakes eat.

Linus is my fetish.

• 3 months later...

I remember this thread was fun to see all the cute animal pics so here it is again bumped back and now I have some even cuter  pictures if my cat

image.jpeg

image.png

ps he isn't angry in the lower photo he was just stretching and I got him right before he yawned

My dog is special. :333

WP_20160712_10_15_49_Pro_(2)[1].jpg

Pixelbook Go i5 Pixel 4 XL 

I finally got my good DSLR camera out and now it's time for some high quality pictures of my pets

Nico my cat: DSC_0157.JPG

Here is my cat sleeping in a box I did take this picture with my DSLR camera but it wasn't 100% focused when I took it so it might not be as crisp as the other pics I took with my DSLR cameraDSC_0154.JPG

5 hours ago, SuperShermanTanker said:

I finally got my good DSLR camera out and now it's time for some high quality pictures of my pets

Nico my cat: 

Schneiders.jpg

You can taste see the difference quality makes :D