Worried about current psu

Tenshi017

Hi forum, 

So a few days ago I was looking for white cables for my nzxt hale82 v2 700w when I came across this thread on Overclock.Net TL;TR the psu is cheap and as such it uses cheap parts and can caus ripples.  I've had this psu for almost a year and nothing has happened,  I also read good reviews and the bad reviews are people who received the psu doa. I don't really need 700watts I got it because I thought I was going to end up getting sli or another video card but now that the 1080 is coming out I won't need that much juice. So I was considering the corsair rmi 650 watt. Since I can't find any other white fully modular psus. But my question is how likely are ripples to come from the psu? 

My RIG:

CPU: Intel core i7 4790k     Motherboard: Msi krait edition z97      RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB      GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 8GB Gaming Black Edition     Case: Thermaltake core v71   Storage: Samsung 850 pro 256gb OS, WD green 2Tb, WD blue 500GB, WD blue 350gb, Segate barracuda 250gb      PSU: NZXT hale82 v2 700w     Cooling: Noctua nh-d15   Operating System: Windows 10 Pro

Your PSU looks nice as you said, and it is low end. You should upgrade of you want to get a GTX 1080, but then again like most people on the LTT forum including me tell people to over do it on the PSU (Which is a good thing).

The Corsair RMi is a very good supply and 650W is enough for 2 GPU's.

White PSUs:

The Seasonic Snow Silent is Fully modular Platinum Supply

The Silverstone NightJar is a Fully modular Platinum Supply

The Fractal Design Tesla R2 is a Semi modular Gold supply (Mid tier)

You can probably find more white PSUs, but I just did a quick google.

1 hour ago, Comic_Sans_MS said:

Your PSU looks nice as you said, and it is low end. You should upgrade of you want to get a GTX 1080, but then again like most people on the LTT forum including me tell people to over do it on the PSU (Which is a good thing).

White PSUs:

Another good White PSU is the SuperFlower Leadex Gold and Leadex Platinum Series, as they are the OEM for the EVGA G2 And P2 Series.

My current build - Ever Changing.

Number 1 On LTT LGA 1150 CPU Cinebench R15

http://hwbot.org/users/TheGamingBarrel

1 minute ago, TheGamingBarrel said:

Another good White PSU is the SuperFlower Leadex Gold and Leadex Platinum Series, as they are the OEM for the EVGA G2 And P2 Series.

Maybe not the Leadex gold it has issues with power loss. The EVGA G2 fixed the issues since it is not a complete rebrand.

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/super-flower-leadex-gold-550w-power-supply,4416-4.html

1 minute ago, Comic_Sans_MS said:

Maybe not the Leadex gold it has issues with power loss. The EVGA G2 fixed the issues since it is not a complete rebrand.

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/super-flower-leadex-gold-550w-power-supply,4416-4.html

Only an Issue on the 550W, I got my 1200W Plat for a steal though, £110 :D

My current build - Ever Changing.

Number 1 On LTT LGA 1150 CPU Cinebench R15

http://hwbot.org/users/TheGamingBarrel

1 minute ago, TheGamingBarrel said:

Only an Issue on the 550W, I got my 1200W Plat for a steal though, £110 :D

Not bad, I want nice stuff for cheap.

I am going to get the G2 750W for $169AUD which is about £83

3 minutes ago, TheGamingBarrel said:

Bit less than new :D

But still it is a very good deal.

1 hour ago, Comic_Sans_MS said:

White PSUs:

I was actually looking at the Seasonic Snow Silent the other day. I hear that corsair takes their rmas serious.  But there Is no harm in trying this one. 

My RIG:

CPU: Intel core i7 4790k     Motherboard: Msi krait edition z97      RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB      GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 8GB Gaming Black Edition     Case: Thermaltake core v71   Storage: Samsung 850 pro 256gb OS, WD green 2Tb, WD blue 500GB, WD blue 350gb, Segate barracuda 250gb      PSU: NZXT hale82 v2 700w     Cooling: Noctua nh-d15   Operating System: Windows 10 Pro

4 hours ago, TempestZXT said:

I was actually looking at the Seasonic Snow Silent the other day. I hear that corsair takes their rmas serious.  But there Is no harm in trying this one. 

Snow Silent is great. Go for it.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||