Can you use the MX Master wired?

BluPaperclip

Can you plug a wire into the MX Master and use it as if it is a wired mouse?

i5 6600K @ 4.4GHz / Cooler Master Nepton 240M (GC Extreme Thermal Compound) / Asus Maximus VIII Gene / 8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-2400 / 240GB SanDisk SSD Plus & 2TB SeaGate Barracuda HDD / EVGA GTX 980 ACX 2.0 / XFX XTR 750W 80+ Gold  / Fractal Design Node 804                                                                                                                                                                                                                      Total: £1042.31

2 minutes ago, BluPaperclip said:

No, I don't think so. The cable is for charging only, so when plugged in it's still working wirelessly.

Project White Lightning (My ITX Gaming PC): Core i5-4690K | CRYORIG H5 Ultimate | ASUS Maximus VII Impact | HyperX Savage 2x8GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Black 1TB | Sapphire RX 480 8GB NITRO+ OC | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX | Corsair AX760 | LG 29UM67 | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | HyperX Cloud II | Logitech Z333

Benchmark Results: 3DMark Firestrike: 10,528 | SteamVR VR Ready (avg. quality 7.1) | VRMark 7,004 (VR Ready)

Other systems I've built:

Core i3-6100 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI H110M ECO | Corsair Vengeance LPX 1x8GB DDR4  | ADATA SP550 120GB | Seagate 500GB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 1050 Ti | Fractal Design Core 1500 | Corsair CX450M

Core i5-4590 | Intel Stock Cooler | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | HyperX Savage 2x4GB DDR3 | Seagate 500GB | Intel Integrated HD Graphics | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | be quiet! Pure Power L8 350W

I am not a professional. I am not an expert. I am just a smartass. Don't try and blame me if you break something when acting upon my advice.

...why are you still reading this?

3 minutes ago, BluPaperclip said:

Yeah 

Hello

1 minute ago, TAHIRMIA said:

Yeah 

Can I get a link or something?

i5 6600K @ 4.4GHz / Cooler Master Nepton 240M (GC Extreme Thermal Compound) / Asus Maximus VIII Gene / 8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-2400 / 240GB SanDisk SSD Plus & 2TB SeaGate Barracuda HDD / EVGA GTX 980 ACX 2.0 / XFX XTR 750W 80+ Gold  / Fractal Design Node 804                                                                                                                                                                                                                      Total: £1042.31

Just now, BluPaperclip said:

Can I get a link or something?

For what?

Hello

For what?

Where it says you can

So there will still be latency =/

Just now, BluPaperclip said:

So there will still be latency =/

Yeah, cuz its a designed to be for bluetooth but I can play a match of CS:GO without problem.The latency is not that bad and you don't have to have the receiver plugged in

Hello

3 minutes ago, TAHIRMIA said:

Yeah, cuz its a designed to be for bluetooth but I can play a match of CS:GO without problem.The latency is not that bad and you don't have to have the receiver plugged in

Hello fellow cs player :) If the latency isn't that bad I will probably get it unless there is a wired mouse with the same shape

EDIT: How is the latency with the receiver?

1 minute ago, BluPaperclip said:

Hello fellow cs player :) If the latency isn't that bad I will probably get it unless there is a wired mouse with the same shape

Its mostly designed for productivity, that`s what I use it for. But it can handle a casual game of CS fine

Hello

6 minutes ago, huilun02 said:

Its a wireless mouse even if you hook it up with a cable.

If you not playing anything competitive. It'll be fine.

Mice of such design are not ideal for twitchy games like CSGO, even if it had a wired mode.

Most competitive mice are usually lightweight, uses optical sensor with no acceleration, ambidextrous or can at least be used in claw/fingertip grip.

Why the MX Master in particular?

I literally just play csgo comp and code =/ I like the MX Master because of it's shape, ambidextrous mice feel weird to me

3 minutes ago, huilun02 said:

Consider the G502, Mionix Naos or Deathadder

Yes they are not exactly the same shape as MX Master, but are ideal for palm grip.

About as far as real gaming mice get to the MX Master's shape I believe.

The Mionix Naos looks amazing! Can you change the DPI and also which one should I get? Guessing the 8200...

2 minutes ago, huilun02 said:

Both models have 3 step on the fly DPI switching. Not sure if you get to set your own DPI though.

8200 is well worth it if you need the higher DPI. Although I don't think that will beneficial in vast majority of use cases.

Just looked into it, you can with the software. So is the only difference the maximum DPI? I only use 800 DPI so getting the 3200 and saving £30 would be brilliant if there were no other differences.

• 2 years later...

I just bought one based on the many comments I found online including PC Mag that stated that yes, it will work wired.  That was the first thing I tested when I got my mouse, I plugged in the cable before pairing the bluetooth, unifying receiver not plugged in.  At that point, the only way it could work was wired.  And guess what, IT DID NOT WORK.  The primary reason I bought this mouse was to use it plugged in when my magic mouse was experiencing lag from interference, and because it has the thumb scroll wheel.  I've gotten too used the left right scrolling with my magic mouse.

Too many people online saying yes, it works wired WHEN THEY DON'T EVEN OWN THE MOUSE AND HAVEN'T TRIED IT.

I can confirm that it DOES NOT work wired.  Those that though it did, must have been unknowingly still connected via bluetooth or unifying receiver.  Or maybe those of us for which it doesn't work are doing something wrong (although it's hard to use a wired usb mouse wrong - you just plug it in) in which case please enlighten us as how to use the mx master 2s wired.  We would all like to know.

G903 user here.

The charge cable has data lines, and it appears to me in every way that the charge cable allows the mouse to be used wired. I have no ways to test the latency, but I play For Honor and Overwatch competitively and switching from a good wired to good wireless mouse has done nothing but increased my accuracy. I notice absolutely 0 difference between plugged in and not.

Have never used an MX Master, but I do know it is not a gaming mouse. I would recommend the G900, which is the same as the G903 other than the lack of wireless charging (which I don't use anyways)

Brands I wholeheartedly reccomend (though do have flawed products): Apple, Razer, Corsair, Asus, Gigabyte, bequiet!, Noctua, Fractal, GSkill (RAM only)

Wall Of Fame (Informative people/People I like): @Glenwing @DrMacintosh @Schnoz @TempestCatto @LogicalDrm @Dan Castellaneta

Useful threads: 

How To Make Your Own Cloud Storage

Spoiler

Guide to Display Cables/Adapters

Spoiler

PSU Tier List (Latest)-

Spoiler

Main PC: See spoiler tag

Laptop: 2020 iPad Pro 12.9" with Magic Keyboard

Spoiler

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/gKh8zN

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz 12-Core OEM/Tray Processor  (Purchased For $419.99) 
Motherboard: Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Formula ATX AM4 Motherboard  (Purchased For $356.99) 
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  (Purchased For $130.00) 
Storage: Kingston Predator 240 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  (Purchased For $40.00) 
Storage: Crucial MX300 1.05 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (Purchased For $100.00) 
Storage: Western Digital Red 8 TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive  (Purchased For $180.00) 
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 8 GB WINDFORCE Video Card  (Purchased For $370.00) 
Case: Fractal Design Define R6 USB-C ATX Mid Tower Case  (Purchased For $100.00) 
Power Supply: Corsair RMi 1000 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  (Purchased For $120.00) 
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer  (Purchased For $75.00) 
Total: $1891.98
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-04-02 19:59 EDT-0400

身のなわたしはる果てぞ  悲しわたしはかりけるわたしは

On 5/27/2016 at 10:41 AM, TAHIRMIA said:

~snip~

39 minutes ago, toootone said:

~snip~

30 minutes ago, SenpaiKaplan said:

~snip~

I have a mx2s. 

It does not work wired. the usb cable supplied is only for charging. it does not support a wired functionality.

18 hours ago, toootone said:

~snip~

Just because you're angry, doesn't mean you need to run around and necro old threads ffs.  Most people in this thread are saying that you can't use the mouse as if it was wired as it's simply a charging port.

STOP NECROING.

• 3 years later...
On 5/10/2019 at 12:10 PM, Ominous said:

Just because you're angry, doesn't mean you need to run around and necro old threads ffs.  Most people in this thread are saying that you can't use the mouse as if it was wired as it's simply a charging port.

STOP NECROING.

What's the problem responding to an old thread merely because it is old?