Shutting Down The US Government Likely Won’t Slow The NSA’s Surveillance Activities

Youbetternot

Let's just over throw the us government to stop the NSA, oh wait What the F$%& it won't work

According to an unnamed government officialspeaking with The Hill, shutting down the U.S. government wouldn’t lead to the National Security Agency (NSA) halting its controversial, and broad surveillance efforts.

The United States may shut down in short order, due to political intransigence between the two chambers of Congress. Republicans want to defund the Affordable Care Act, while Senate Democrats and the president do not. It isn’t clear if there is a path forward that avoids a shutdown. Following that deadline, the United States must raise its debt ceiling to continue operations without defaulting. If you aren’t watching the politics, it’s time to catch up.

However, even if we shutter huge tracts of the federal enterprise, the NSA’s wheels will continue to churn along. Various federal agencies are openly discussing how they will operate if the government does shut down. The NSA, an infamously reticent organization, likely won’t make public comments. However, well-placed tips lead to public understanding without the need to release specifics.

Leaked documents by Edward Snowden recently detailed the financial cost of the NSA and other intelligence efforts. The CIA is the most expensive chunk of the U.S. “black budget,” costing $14.7 billion. The NSA costs $10.8 billion, by contrast. Prices decline from there, for a total of $52.6 billion each year.

Source: http://techcrunch.com/2013/09/26/shutting-down-the-us-government-likely-wont-slow-the-nsas-surveillance-activities/

# -_-     [Planned RIg AKA Project ARES    -_-#

| AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core | Be Quiet DARK ROCK 2 57.9 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing | Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z  |G.Skill Ripjaws X 8GB Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM |Samsung 840 Series 250GB 2.5" SSD | Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB  |Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower|Gelid Solutions Silent 14 PWM 74.5 CFM 140mm x3 |Corsair RM Series 750 Watt ATX/EPS 80PLUS Gold-Certified Power Supply|

|Rosewill RNX-N250PCe | Windows 8  | Acer H236HLbid 23.0" |Corsair Vengeance K70 
Corsair Vengeance M65 Wired Laser | STEELSERIES QCK Black|Sennheiser HD 558Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer         

the NSA is like that pervy kid in high school that looks into the stall while youre taking care of some business. 

always intruding...

Big Bertha3570k @ 4.5GhzASRock Fatal1ty Z777970 DCUII TOP EVGA GTX 780Swiftech H220 w/ NF-F1216GB RAM128GB Kingston HyperX 3K1TB Western Digital Black40GB Western Digital Raptor 10K PeripheralsMionix 3200 MouseCMStorm Quickfire Rapid w/ Cherry MX Blues2 x Dell U2713HM AudioAsus ROG Orion Pro HeadsetSony XB-500AKG K240Bose AE2i​Fiio E10

Samsung Galaxy S45.0" 1920x1080p Super AMOLED screen16GB Storage2600 mAh battery1.9Ghz quad-core Krait CPU2GB RAMCyanogenMod CameraNikon D310018x55mm NIKKOR VR Lens14.2 MP

God damn it. I really wish they would just go away. 

The Arctic Demon:  i7 4770k | Asus Sabertooth Z87 | Swiftech H220 w/ NF-F12s | (2) Gigabyte Windforce R9 290 Crossfire | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance RAM | Corsair AX 850 | Samsung 840 500 GB | Corsair Vengeance C70 Arctic White | NZXT Hue 

Peripherals: Logitech G600 gaming mouse | Cooler Master CM Storm Quickfire with Cherry MX Green Switches | QNIX QX2710 LED 2560x1440p PLS monitor | Logitech Rumblepad 2

The whole lot needs to go, seriously. The USA even spends more on healthcare than Canada yet many of people go untreated because lack of access to healthcare and overinflated prices vs the rest of the first world..that's just crime against humanity at this stage. Let alone all the illegal surveillance and constitution breaking by the frauds in office. Sadly, a good majority of Americans are so stupid that "Ooooh shiny" is what wins over an actual solid platform. The gullible elects the worst incompetent people into office.

Our own president doesn't even know what sort of government that the country is founded under..It's a constitutional republic, dammit! It's not a democracy. Left and Right..go away and never return, please. Let the sane middle take over the country.

If there was a Civil War 2, I'd fight to get the country back instead of being a slave.

The whole lot needs to go, seriously. The USA even spends more on healthcare than Canada yet many of people go untreated because lack of access to healthcare and overinflated prices vs the rest of the first world..that's just crime against humanity at this stage. Let alone all the illegal surveillance and constitution breaking by the frauds in office. Sadly, a good majority of Americans are so stupid that "Ooooh shiny" is what wins over an actual solid platform. The gullible elects the worst incompetent people into office.

Our own president doesn't even know what sort of government that the country is founded under..It's a constitutional republic, dammit! It's not a democracy. Left and Right..go away and never return, please. Let the sane middle take over the country.

If there was a Civil War 2, I'd fight to get the country back instead of being a slave.

So that explains why Logan has a shirt that says "I don't party" with a picture of George Washington.

So that explains why Logan has a shirt that says "I don't party" with a picture of George Washington.

“The alternate domination of one faction over another, sharpened by the spirit of revenge natural to party dissention, which in different ages & countries has perpetrated the most horrid enormities, is itself a frightful despotism. But this leads at length to a more formal and permanent despotism. The disorders & miseries, which result, gradually incline the minds of men to seek security & repose in the absolute power of an Individual: and sooner or later the chief of some prevailing faction more able or more fortunate than his competitors, turns this disposition to the purposes of his own elevation, on the ruins of Public Liberty.”

- George Washington, First President of the United States

*snip*

*snip*

*snip*

*snip*

a Civil War is needed. 

only problem we have is weaponry. How do you overthrow the strongest military in the world?

Big Bertha3570k @ 4.5GhzASRock Fatal1ty Z777970 DCUII TOP EVGA GTX 780Swiftech H220 w/ NF-F1216GB RAM128GB Kingston HyperX 3K1TB Western Digital Black40GB Western Digital Raptor 10K PeripheralsMionix 3200 MouseCMStorm Quickfire Rapid w/ Cherry MX Blues2 x Dell U2713HM AudioAsus ROG Orion Pro HeadsetSony XB-500AKG K240Bose AE2i​Fiio E10

Samsung Galaxy S45.0" 1920x1080p Super AMOLED screen16GB Storage2600 mAh battery1.9Ghz quad-core Krait CPU2GB RAMCyanogenMod CameraNikon D310018x55mm NIKKOR VR Lens14.2 MP

a Civil War is needed. 

only problem we have is weaponry. How do you overthrow the strongest military in the world?

There are members among the military that are also fed up with the administration that actually care for the country. If things go down, I wouldn't be surprised if some military sides with civilians.

There are members among the military that are also fed up with the administration that actually care for the country. If things go down, I wouldn't be surprised if some military sides with civilians.

oh i would hope so! but the commander-in-chief is a moron. his pure stupidity along with MORE drone powers? it would be a piss war...

oh i would hope so! but the commander-in-chief is a moron. his pure stupidity along with MORE drone powers? it would be a piss war...

I'd like to see DC mess with Texas and see how well that goes.

I'd like to see DC mess with Texas and see how well that goes.

Oh baby <3 My home!

i signed the secession petition immediately after election. 

Texas has the 13th largest economy IN THE WORLD

16 of the largest ports in the nation

most gun owners.

bring it

Oh baby <3 My home!

most gun owners.

bring it

Born and raised in Dallas, TX -- I'll fight along side you. :D

just south of you in Houston :D

when i first saw D-Town i thought Detroit  :ph34r:

just south of you in Houston :D

when i first saw D-Town i thought Detroit  :ph34r:

Oh no..I would never go to Detroit, on purpose or accidental. (if that's even possible to accidentally end up in Detroit :blink: )

Oh no..I would never go to Detroit, on purpose or accidental. (if that's even possible to accidentally end up in Detroit :blink: )

maybe if you go searching for debt, a failed economy, and a large majority of democrats :P

maybe if you go searching for debt, a failed economy, and a large majority of democrats :P

Nah, I'm good. On a side note, kind of a shame Texas didn't regain it's independence again. DC bleeding people of their pay when they aren't even rich to fund things against their will.

Have you seen this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S92fTz_-kQE&noredirect=1

According to an unnamed government officialspeaking with The Hill, shutting down the U.S. government wouldn’t lead to the National Security Agency (NSA) halting its controversial, and broad surveillance efforts.

The United States may shut down in short order, due to political intransigence between the two chambers of Congress. Republicans want to defund the Affordable Care Act, while Senate Democrats and the president do not. It isn’t clear if there is a path forward that avoids a shutdown. Following that deadline, the United States must raise its debt ceiling to continue operations without defaulting. If you aren’t watching the politics, it’s time to catch up.

However, even if we shutter huge tracts of the federal enterprise, the NSA’s wheels will continue to churn along. Various federal agencies are openly discussing how they will operate if the government does shut down. The NSA, an infamously reticent organization, likely won’t make public comments. However, well-placed tips lead to public understanding without the need to release specifics.

Leaked documents by Edward Snowden recently detailed the financial cost of the NSA and other intelligence efforts. The CIA is the most expensive chunk of the U.S. “black budget,” costing $14.7 billion. The NSA costs $10.8 billion, by contrast. Prices decline from there, for a total of $52.6 billion each year.

Don't worry about government shutdown. In the end, they will raise the debt ceiling as they have done many times before. They are using the threat of mutual financial self-destruction as leverage in negotiations, and recognize that truly shutting down the government would be devastating to the economy and to our international credit rating (which has already been downgraded).

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forgo their use, and by some other means to give us knowledge which we can attain by them. - Galileo Galilei
Build Logs: Tophat (in progress), DNAF | Useful Links: How To: Choosing Your Storage Devices and Configuration, Case Study: RAID Tolerance to Failure, Reducing Single Points of Failure in Redundant Storage , Why Choose an SSD?, ZFS From A to Z (Eric1024), Advanced RAID: Survival Rates, Flashing LSI RAID Cards (alpenwasser), SAN and Storage Networking

Oh baby <3 My home!

most gun owners.

bring it

And the dumbest population xD

Well ok there are some other states that are even redder rednecks but eh

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

uh lol wut?

Rednecks? wrong south dude. Texas is considered the 18th most intelligent state.

if youre looking for inbred rednecks check the SE

You should be more grateful to Texas, it is one of the biggest tech states in the country. Drive from Austin to Round Rock and you'll pass many dozens of tech parks home to companies like Dell, AMD, Intel, HP, and lots of others.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forgo their use, and by some other means to give us knowledge which we can attain by them. - Galileo Galilei
Build Logs: Tophat (in progress), DNAF | Useful Links: How To: Choosing Your Storage Devices and Configuration, Case Study: RAID Tolerance to Failure, Reducing Single Points of Failure in Redundant Storage , Why Choose an SSD?, ZFS From A to Z (Eric1024), Advanced RAID: Survival Rates, Flashing LSI RAID Cards (alpenwasser), SAN and Storage Networking

uh lol wut?

Rednecks? wrong south dude. Texas is considered the 18th most intelligent state.

You should be more grateful to Texas, it is one of the biggest tech states in the country. Drive from Austin to Round Rock and you'll pass many dozens of tech parks home to companies like Dell, AMD, Intel, HP, and lots of others.

Sorry about that remark, came out very dickish and was only meant as a joke!

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

Ill just stay in my basement. I will be safe there.

Main Rig: -FX8150 -32gb Kingston HyperX BLUE -120gb Kingston HyperX SSD -1TB WD Black -ASUS R9 270 DCUII OC -Corsair 300r -Full specs on Profile

Other Devices: -One Plus One 64gb Sandstone Black -Canon T5 -Moto G -Pebble Smartwatch -Nintendo 2DS -G27 Racing Wheel

#PlugYourStuff - 720penis - 1080penis - #KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #HashtagsAreALifestyle - CAR BOUGHT: 2010 Corolla

I don't normally post in this as this is a business account, but if something ever happened, the majority of our army would certainly side with civilians, as all of them are civilians. I'm Friends with many military vets, and they all would fight against the government without hesitation.  

There's also a reason countries don't invade us, not only from our military, but I believe the USA is the #1 consumer of guns and ammunition. At least in our house hold we have about 2-3 guns per person with thousands of rounds and we have a self-reloading station. Hopefully the government is smart enough not to do anything stupid, but I really would not be surprised.

uh lol wut?

or North Georgia. That was the most racist redneck place I've ever lived in my entire life..