Corsair af120 quiet edition or Noctua nf-f12 for airflow

FallenAngelDraco
Go to solution Solved by WoodenMarker,
7 minutes ago, FallenAngelDraco said:

I was going to do that however, there is a filter on the front and bottom which is why I thought about the NF-F12 as it has a higher static pressure. 

The NF-S12A has plenty enough static pressure for a dust filter. The NF-F12's static pressure only pulls ahead in highly restrictive areas like on a rad or a very dense heatsink.

I have a Corsair C70 Vengeance. At the moment it is using the stock fans in the front and back and 2 cheap fans in the top.

I want to replace these fans. I already have 2 Noctua nf-a14 fans for the top as I will be mounting a radiator in the near future. However, I am not sure what fans to put elsewhere in order for high airflow. 

The 2 choices I have are the Corsair AF120 Quiet Edition and the Noctua NF-F12. Performance is the main priority but I also want it to be quiet. 

I will need 4 of these fans. 2 for the front, one for the bottom and one for the back. 

My main question is considering the points above which of the two fans would be the best for high airflow.

(I am also open to more recommendations.)

I have two AF120 QE's, and they are pretty silent and seem to do the job. I've wanted to try out Nf-F12s in the past, just never come around to do it yet (plus currently that doesn't feel as necessary anymore).

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K @ 3,5GHz

-Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper TX3i

Motherboard: MSI B150 PC Mate LGA1151 ATX

Memory: Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4-2133MHz

Case: Corsair Carbide Air 540 White

-Fans: 3x Corsair HD120 1x Corsair AF140L

GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 FTW

PSU: Corsair CX600M

Storage: Crucial BX200 240GB SSD (System disk) + Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD (Storage)

Operating System: Windows 8.1

Partpicker: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/wPhTtJ

how bout the NF-S12? they're great for air flow, and it's quieter compared to both of your options

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

Neither. The NF-S12A would be much better. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

I was going to do that however, there is a filter on the front and bottom which is why I thought about the NF-F12 as it has a higher static pressure. 

7 minutes ago, FallenAngelDraco said:

The NF-S12A has plenty enough static pressure for a dust filter. The NF-F12's static pressure only pulls ahead in highly restrictive areas like on a rad or a very dense heatsink.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.