This is why you should avoid the Razer Blade Pro, along with every other Razer Product.

Do you think Razer is a good company?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think Razer is a good company?

• yessir
    • nope

43 minutes ago, Imglidinhere said:

Well... I mean Dell as in like, their non-gamer line. I'm pretty sure if I told them I'd opened up my 7559, I'd have a 50-50 shot at getting through anyway. Alienware, yeah I know they let you open it up for certain. Asus, that's new. Seems they've grown up a bit. :P

7559 has no warranty stickers so you can disassemble the whole thing without issues

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

I've spent about $4000 USD on razer products in the last 2 years. Based on the interactions I've had with their support and staff on the insider forums and seeing how they handled issues such as defects and delays, I can say: (1) I will never purchase another Razer device or support their company, and (2) they can suck my dick.

Source: Owned a RB 2015, Stealth, and razer core and was banned from the insider forums despite being a helpful contributor because I was somewhat critical of their handling of the delays.

3 hours ago, Eason85 said:

I've spent about $4000 USD on razer products in the last 2 years. Based on the interactions I've had with their support and staff on the insider forums and seeing how they handled issues such as defects and delays, I can say: (1) I will never purchase another Razer device or support their company, and (2) they can suck my dick.

Source: Owned a RB 2015, Stealth, and razer core and was banned from the insider forums despite being a helpful contributor because I was somewhat critical of their handling of the delays.

That's how Insider works. Every time I see someone worrying about the 90+*C temps he gets, everyone tells him that "no harm can come from this" - several months later either his battery is bulging or his components die

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

5 minutes ago, Eason85 said:

"It's normal"

Sad part is - I saw a few people getting 85-90*C on the Blade Stealth - a 15W CPU...

3 minutes ago, don_svetlio said:

Sad part is - I saw a few people getting 85-90*C on the Blade Stealth - a 15W CPU...

I have seen 98c on the Blade Stealth...

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

3 minutes ago, Dackzy said:

I have seen 98c on the Blade Stealth...

RiP

9 hours ago, Eason85 said:

Coming from a college student perspective, that's a lot of money to invest in a shit company. They are sorta innovative, but as you say, they really manage to fuck things up.

http://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/1368241

i7-6700K @ Stock Speeds | 32GB DDR4(16x2) | GTX 970 SSC | 2TB Intel PC3520 PCI SSD | 2TB WD RE4 7200rpm | Fractal Define R5

Corsair M65 RGB Mouse | Corsair K95 RGB Keyboard | Audio Technica M50x Headphones

On 5/24/2016 at 1:41 PM, Mohenjo said:

this i do not deny. But i was just confused when you said it was 90C when simply watching hulu, which it wasnt. 89C was reached at 100 percent load of both the cpu and gpu. But having the cpu at 100 percent in unrealistic when gaming. But you also need to consider the shape and size of the razer blade. the temps can easily be fixed by using a fan dock at home, but as a laptop that for basic tasks it runs perfectly fine. 

It's not putting out 90C when watching Hulu....  you're just being trolled somewhere along the line; likely from wherever the "original source" graph is coming from - .  I just did an hour of Hulu in full-screen with a max CPU core at 54C @ 70% load. No appreciable warmth to the touch. I am betting if someone did achieve those temps on Hulu, they were deliberately covering ventilation ports throughout and allowing for natural heat buildup to occur.

From what I can tell Razer just makes ugly as fuck products. The Black and Green colour scheme is lame, and the logo is kinda shitty.

People pretend that they can compete with Apple because the build quality is very good. That may be true, but it's one thing having quality built hardware running low quality software in the form of Windows, and very much another thing to have high quality hardware running high quality software.

As long as they put Windows on their machines, Razer will never compete with Apple.

11 minutes ago, LukeTim said:

From what I can tell Razer just makes ugly as fuck products. The Black and Green colour scheme is lame, and the logo is kinda shitty.

People pretend that they can compete with Apple because the build quality is very good. That may be true, but it's one thing having quality built hardware running low quality software in the form of Windows, and very much another thing to have high quality hardware running high quality software.

As long as they put Windows on their machines, Razer will never compete with Apple.

Fanboy much?

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

2 minutes ago, Dackzy said:

Fanboy much?

No, I just really dislike windows. What's the opposite of a fanboy? Hateboy? I'm a hateboy for Windows.

I mean. I use it daily. And it's functional... but that's all it is... functional. There is something really unpleasant about it. It feels hollow, shallow, soulless.

Just now, LukeTim said:

No, I just really dislike windows. What's the opposite of a fanboy? Hateboy? I'm a hateboy for Windows.

Why do you hate windows? Oh I an just gotta correct you the razer blade is build like shit, since they have not quality control, so you can get one that is build really well and another one that is build worse than acer.

10 minutes ago, Dackzy said:

Why do you hate windows? Oh I an just gotta correct you the razer blade is build like shit, since they have not quality control, so you can get one that is build really well and another one that is build worse than acer.

Okay. I've never used a Razer Blade, so I don't really know what the build quality is like, but it looks well built to the eye.

It's hard to put my finger on why I dislike Microsoft software so much. There is just something about the way it works and the look and feel that feels sort of hollow and unpleasant, and despite their efforts Microsoft have never been able to get it quite right. I can't fault it for functionality. It'll do all the stuff I need it to do... I just really hate the way it feels compared to OSX or Ubuntu or something.

They also do stupid shit like lazily bolting touch functionality on to a Desktop OS. An idea that seems sensible at first, but then you try to use it and you realize just how much this kind of interface (which Microsoft didn't invent - and thus I am not 100% certain they understand) was designed for use with a mouse. It works really well with a mouse. With my finger or a stylus? Not so much. Apple realized this, and so put a ton of effort into touchpad gestures (and to a lesser extent the magic mouse gestures) which actually do work really well and improve the experience of using a computer.

I dunno, maybe it's the ubiquity and commonness of Windows... perhaps if OSX was the standard OS I'd hate that just as much. Guess I'll never know that though.

7 minutes ago, LukeTim said:

Okay. I've never used a Razer Blade, so I don't really know what the build quality is like, but it looks well built to the eye.

It's hard to put my finger on why I dislike Microsoft software so much. There is just something about the way it works and the look and feel that feels sort of hollow and unpleasant, and despite their efforts Microsoft have never been able to get it quite right. I can't fault it for functionality. It'll do all the stuff I need it to do... I just really hate the way it feels compared to OSX or Ubuntu or something.

They also do stupid shit like lazily bolting touch functionality on to a Desktop OS. An idea that seems sensible at first, but then you try to use it and you realize just how much this kind of interface (which Microsoft didn't invent - and thus I am not 100% certain they understand) was designed for use with a mouse. It works really well with a mouse. With my finger or a stylus? Not so much. Apple realized this, and so put a ton of effort into touchpad gestures (and to a lesser extent the magic mouse gestures) which actually do work really well and improve the experience of using a computer.

I dunno, maybe it's the ubiquity and commonness of Windows... perhaps if OSX was the standard OS I'd hate that just as much. Guess I'll never know that though.

The touch function is reallly great for people who draw a lot. Well I have it the same way with OSX I hate so many things about it, and I kinda also dislike Apple because they dont innovate like they say they do, they just take things from other companies and say they made it. If they didn't say they innovated so much all the god damn time I would not have a problem with them stealing things, just like every company does.

6 minutes ago, Dackzy said:

The touch function is reallly great for people who draw a lot. Well I have it the same way with OSX I hate so many things about it, and I kinda also dislike Apple because they dont innovate like they say they do, they just take things from other companies and say they made it. If they didn't say they innovated so much all the god damn time I would not have a problem with them stealing things, just like every company does.

Your statement is true to an extent. They take existing ideas and are the first to do them right. They don't just steal them. But I don't think that counts as innovation either.

1 minute ago, WasThatDave said:

Your statement is true to an extent. They take existing ideas and are the first to do them right. They don't just steal them. But I don't think that counts as innovation either.

arrhhh just look at the Ipad pro and the surface pro 4, I think the clear winner is the SP4.

1 minute ago, Dackzy said:

arrhhh just look at the Ipad pro and the surface pro 4, I think the clear winner is the SP4.

They're not same market. The iPad pro is for designers and illustrators. Every designer at pixar has one and I know a ton of people from Ubisoft and Epic Games love the iPad Pro. The Surface is geared for the business person. It also has trouble with thermal throttling and heat issues. But honestly its all preference. Someone who has used windows for all their life would hate OS X and vice versa. 

6 minutes ago, WasThatDave said:

They're not same market. The iPad pro is for designers and illustrators. Every designer at pixar has one and I know a ton of people from Ubisoft and Epic Games love the iPad Pro. The Surface is geared for the business person. It also has trouble with thermal throttling and heat issues. But honestly its all preference. Someone who has used windows for all their life would hate OS X and vice versa. 

You see the thermal thing is because it has a sensor that tells the cpu to go down in clock speed when it hits 70c you can fix that with a little fan. Well they marked the iPad pro for school also and they cost about the same.

7 minutes ago, Dackzy said:

You see the thermal thing is because it has a sensor that tells the cpu to go down in clock speed when it hits 70c you can fix that with a little fan. Well they marked the iPad pro for school also and they cost about the same.

For schools the iPad is great. Much more intuitive and the fact that the iPad runs faster helps biology students and architecture students a lot. I used to own a Surface Pro 4 and switched out to the iPad Pro because the SP4 was to flaky. Honestly though I've never found a mobile windows device that's really good. I think Microsoft needs to stop using such an outdated OS and move into the Unix space before they'll have anything great to offer.

1 minute ago, WasThatDave said:

For schools the iPad is great. Much more intuitive and the fact that the iPad runs faster helps biology students and architecture students a lot. I used to own a Surface Pro 4 and switched out to the iPad Pro because the SP4 was to flaky. Honestly though I've never found a mobile windows device that's really good. I think Microsoft needs to stop using such an outdated OS and move into the Unix space before they'll have anything great to offer.

I like the keyboard on the SP4 10000% more, but still nothing beats a thinkpad keyboard if you ask me.

I like the keyboard on the SP4 10000% more, but still nothing beats a thinkpad keyboard if you ask me.

Yeah the keyboard is nice but I don't use keyboards with tablets which is why I think its all down to preference. Whatever suites your needs is how I view it.

Just now, WasThatDave said:

Yeah the keyboard is nice but I don't use keyboards with tablets which is why I think its all down to preference. Whatever suites your needs is how I view it.

Nice having a conversation with someone that doesn't get mad :) 

Nice having a conversation with someone that doesn't get mad :) 

Haha same to you!

I mean, I use Windows for .NET development and gaming. Ubuntu is my OS of choice but until I get a Intel 6700k I won't be able to run ubuntu for my host OS to meet my needs. I use Ubuntu VMs as containers for Laravel web projects because I really like the bash terminal. Bash for windows just isn't there yet.

http://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/1368241

i7-6700K @ Stock Speeds | 32GB DDR4(16x2) | GTX 970 SSC | 2TB Intel PC3520 PCI SSD | 2TB WD RE4 7200rpm | Fractal Define R5

Corsair M65 RGB Mouse | Corsair K95 RGB Keyboard | Audio Technica M50x Headphones