SpeedFan 4.51 100% fan speed over 50c

Thunder_Ruler0
Go to solution Solved by hsjj3,

Speedfan's default controls set the fans to 100% whenever the related sensor hits 50C.

Since you are using the GPU as the sensor for PWM3, go to the "TEMPERATURES" tab in Image 2. Click on GPU. At the bottom, increase the warning temperature from 50C.

Ok, so I'm not sure why this is happening. For some reason in Speedfan whenever the temperature of something (lets say my cpu) goes over 50c it automatically goes straight up to 100% fan speed. I have created my own fan chart that @ 50c is supposed to be at around 30%. I don't know why this is happening, and anyone who knows a solution to this please tell me as it would be greatly appreciated. I've included some pictures to show you what I mean. 

Ignore the terrible arrows that I drew.......

50c.PNG

Advance fan slope.PNG

49c.PNG

Dell XPS 15 9570 w/ ThinkPad T430

Speedfan's default controls set the fans to 100% whenever the related sensor hits 50C.

Since you are using the GPU as the sensor for PWM3, go to the "TEMPERATURES" tab in Image 2. Click on GPU. At the bottom, increase the warning temperature from 50C.

3 minutes ago, hsjj3 said:

Lol, ok thanks I didn't know it was that simple to fix. I don't know why it was so hard to find an answer online but thanks!

33 minutes ago, Thunder_Ruler0 said:

Lol, ok thanks I didn't know it was that simple to fix. I don't know why it was so hard to find an answer online but thanks!

I feel I had to answer this. I myself scoured the Internets for an answer a few days ago, and after a few hours of searching I found the answer in a YouTube video.

1 hour ago, hsjj3 said:

I feel I had to answer this. I myself scoured the Internets for an answer a few days ago, and after a few hours of searching I found the answer in a YouTube video.

I know its not related to fans, but do you know how to get the SMART status of a hard drive connected via usb?

50 minutes ago, Thunder_Ruler0 said:

I know its not related to fans, but do you know how to get the SMART status of a hard drive connected via usb?

No sorry. I did not check on the SMART status.