RM1000x vs RM1000i & Corsair Link

Go to solution Solved by quan289,

The RMi has an higher quality FDB fan rather than the rifle bearing fan in the RMx.

The RMx doesn't have the test fan button.

The RMi is a multi-rail unit by default - switchable to single rail via Link. The RMx is simply a single rail PSU.

I'm attempting to decide between the Corsair RM1000x or RM1000i. From what I can tell they are exactly the same except that the i version comes with Corsair Link. Does anyone know if their are any other differences? If their is no other difference then the software does anyone have experience with Corsair Link and is it even useful/worth it? 

Thanks for any input,

Sal

The RMi has an higher quality FDB fan rather than the rifle bearing fan in the RMx.

The RMi is a multi-rail unit by default - switchable to single rail via Link. The RMx is simply a single rail PSU.

1 hour ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

Outside of the fan, literally no other differences. 

1 hour ago, quan289 said:

Oops dan dunn got it wrong

1 hour ago, SalAmico said:

I'm attempting to decide between the Corsair RM1000x or RM1000i. From what I can tell they are exactly the same except that the i version comes with Corsair Link. Does anyone know if their are any other differences? If their is no other difference then the software does anyone have experience with Corsair Link and is it even useful/worth it? 

Thanks for any input,

Sal

What Quan289 beat me to saying.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

My RM1000x has been great and -- frankly -- overkill. If I had my druthers, sure, I'd take the "i" version. But I would not be inclined to pay for it.

Be cautious about FDB fans. Only FDB fans licensed by Matsuhita are legitimate FDB fans. Otherwise, companies like to call fans that aren't even FDB, sometimes sleeve bearing, by the name of FDB, because using an actual FDB fan design requires paying a patenting fee to Matsuhita (Panasonic). http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/the-truth-about-fluid-dynamic-bearing-fdb-fans/

Unfortunately, power supply reviewers don't actually inspect the fans to see if it's a legitimate licensed FDB fan. Most FDB fans on the market are simple rifle bearing fans.

53 minutes ago, turkey3_scratch said:

Be cautious about FDB fans. Only FDB fans licensed by Matsuhita are legitimate FDB fans. Otherwise, companies like to call fans that aren't even FDB, sometimes sleeve bearing, by the name of FDB, because using an actual FDB fan design requires paying a patenting fee to Matsuhita (Panasonic). http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/the-truth-about-fluid-dynamic-bearing-fdb-fans/

Unfortunately, power supply reviewers don't actually inspect the fans to see if it's a legitimate licensed FDB fan. Most FDB fans on the market are simple rifle bearing fans.

The Corsair NR135P fan that's used in the AX1500i, HXi, and RMi are indeed FDB fans manufactured by Hong Hua. It had been verified by Jonny a while back (who was Corsair's Technical Market Manager at the time - current PSU Product Manager).

21 minutes ago, quan289 said:

The Corsair NR135P fan that's used in the AX1500i, HXi, and RMi are indeed FDB fans manufactured by Hong Hua. It had been verified by Jonny a while back (who was Corsair's Technical Market Manager at the time - current PSU Product Manager).

That's good to know :)