Ignorant Console Peasants Claim Consoles are Superior to PC

Jeff Seid

Many of my friends are gamers, and they claim that consoles are much better than PC despite my argument. Here are some of their arguments

• PS Network/XBOX live
  • More games
  • A lot cheaper to buy (the system)
  • Can do everything a PC can do (Netflix, game, music, etc)
  • Not a lot of people are PC gamers
  • Console games run bad on PC.

I've been giving plenty of reasons why their PC is a much better platform in general, not just for gaming, but also for a variety of other things like video editing. Unfortunately, they have their head so far up the ass's, that I feel like giving up. Any suggestions on how I can enlighten console peasants. Although both consoles and PC have their pros/cons, I feel that console is basically an underpowered PC.

2 minutes ago, Jeff Seid said:

Many of my friends are gamers, and they claim that consoles are much better than PC despite my argument. Here are some of their arguments

• PS Network/XBOX live
  • More games

I've been giving plenty of reasons why their PC is a much better platform in general, not just for gaming, but also for a variety of other things like video editing. Unfortunately, they have their head so far up the ass's, that I feel like giving up. Any suggestions on how I can enlighten console peasants. Although both consoles and PC have their pros/cons, I feel that console is basically an underpowered PC.

Uh, just let them play what they want to play. Don't bother wasting your time. If they want to use a PS4 or Xbox1, let them.

5 minutes ago, Jeff Seid said:

• PS Network/XBOX live
  • More games

Here's a link that might help with your situation.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

9 minutes ago, Jeff Seid said:

• PS Network/XBOX live
  • More games

• Those are actually not a selling point...
  • on PC?  I know :P
  • that's true, but it's been shown that even an equal price PC is more powerful
  • that's not something that makes them better - that's just desperately grasping at equality
  • not true, and doesn't matter
  • true, but they still run way better than they do on their "native" console xD 

But I wouldn't worry yourself about it.  People don't always know everything

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

Interestingly I thought I had more friends that play on PS4, but I was kinda wrong. It seems that a lot of them are actually more so on PC... Which is cool to know but at the same time it's got me a little unsure...

Yeah this gen is a neutered PC. Though I got a PS4 because we got some gift cards from Best Buy from a pretty cool deal they had going on around Black Friday where we got $250 in gift cards from them for each line activated for certain phones, My mom and I, we got 32GB Galaxy S6s from Verizon so we got $500 in gift cards from Best Buy, so one of them paid the taxes and got us cases for our phones. Then later that night I decided that I had wanted to get a PS4 and Fallout 4 so we basically got a PS4 and a game for $20...

I decided I wanted a PS4 because I figured that I might not have a gaming PC for awhile or if I changed my mind about building a PC that I would have something that could have newer games because my Xbox 360 wasn't very likely to get any new games... Though I've been unsure whether I want to get a couple games for the PS4 or save them for PC... Regardless, PC is better. I knew this when I decided to get a PS4 but we didn't have to pay much to get our PS4 anyways.

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

Best answer would be: "Why even argue?"

Don't be one of those PCMR pricks.

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!

16 minutes ago, Jeff Seid said:
  • PS Network/XBOX live
  • More games

- not even an advantage

- false

- arguable.

- false

- true

- sadly sometimes true

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Consoles still have their place. They are easier to get into. Building a gaming PC can be a little intimidating for people. Most of what they said is true to some degree, of course there is a much larger library of games on PC. With that said, I still prefer PC as my main gaming platform. Although I can't wait for the Nintendo NX. :)

CPU: AMD 5950X    MB: Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero    RAM: HyperX Predator 64GB    GPU: Nvidia RTX 3090 Ti FE    SSD: Seagate FireCuda 530 2TB    
PSU: EVGA 1200w P2    COOLING: EK AIO Elite 360    CASE: Fractal Design Torrent 
   DISPLAY: LG CX48 4k OLED    AUDIO: HIFIMAN Arya SE

11 minutes ago, Minibois said:

- not even an advantage

- false

- arguable.

- false

- true

- sadly sometimes true

-agreed

-agreed

-I think that argument is more in favor with consoles

-agreed

-agreed

-I've heard about this, and yeah it is sad.

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

What makes me sad is when they said PC gaming is dying or some shit.

4 minutes ago, wcreek said:

-agreed

-agreed

-I think that argument is more in favor with consoles

-agreed

-agreed

-I've heard about this, and yeah it is sad.

It's probably true that consoles are cheaper, now that a new PS4 or XB1 is about 350 USD (sometimes even with a game or second controller) and I just do not think you can build a good PC for that money (people will often recommend second hand parts at that budget, but I do not think that is fair either).

The last point is mostly true for Call of Duty (which is a very much played game on consoles, so a relevant argument). On PC you barely have a couple lobbies per game mode, while you can find a dozens of lobbies on every game mode. But not many PC gamers care about CoD anyways :P 

4 minutes ago, Jeff Seid said:

What makes me sad is when they said PC gaming is dying or some shit.

It's not any more dead than it was before, if anything it is becoming more popular and viable with cheap or free popular games (LoL, Dota, CSGO, etc.)

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Opinions are funny like that. You think you're right and they think they are right but neither of you are. Don't ruin friendships over opinions, it's not worth it.

-KuJoe

Just now, KuJoe said:

Opinions are funny like that. You think you're right and they think they are right but neither of you are. Don't ruin friendships over opinions, it's not worth it.

She's really aggressive about consoles being better.