Old videos from vessel not on youtube yet?

Go to solution Solved by nicklmg,
On 5/22/2016 at 10:18 AM, Swatson said:

They came out after the show coverage on vessel, 14 days ago.

The show coverage came out same day on youtube because it's show coverage, so 7 days ago, more than a WEEK after the show coverage and a WEEK after the vessel release they should have been posted. The last show video was may 3rd, for reference.

Based on the length of time that passed and the fact they are pushing newer videos to youtube, I'm pretty sure someone simply forgot to upload these two to youtube, a simple mistake but one that shows they aren't sticking to their promise.

No, we have not forgotten... We've had some really crappy stuff happen to the schedule lately which has shifted releases around a bit. Same thing happens when we have a show, some videos go to YouTube after 14 (or in REALLY bad cases, 21 days) after Vessel. TBH I don't see it as a huge deal - they still go to YouTube, and more often than not you're getting either 1. more or 2. better content with the simultaneous releases that force these delays (eg. PAX East content or 1080 launch).

TL;DR no need to fret, we don't forget about full videos and we're not trying to "hide content" or something... We just have to live within the limits we have when it comes to scheduling.

So I was looking through the video catalogs and noticed that vessel had 2 videos each about 14 days old, that I had not seen on youtube, I checked and it appears that they were never uploaded to youtube.

Can anyone confirm? Videos titles are :

HDR TV and Quantum Dot Featuring Samsung KS9500 SUHD
and
My kids are so lucky! - Technology Now vs Then

MOAR COARS: 5GHz "Confirmed" Black Edition™ The Build
AMD 5950X 4.7/4.6GHz All Core Dynamic OC + 1900MHz FCLK | 5GHz+ PBO | ASUS X570 Dark Hero | 32 GB 3800MHz 14-15-15-30-48-1T GDM 8GBx4 |  PowerColor AMD Radeon 6900 XT Liquid Devil @ 2700MHz Core + 2130MHz Mem | 2x 480mm Rad | 8x Blacknoise Noiseblocker NB-eLoop B12-PS Black Edition 120mm PWM | Thermaltake Core P5 TG Ti + Additional 3D Printed Rad Mount

Yeah they have not been released yet. But i just realized that, you can watch them after 7 days. For most of us the 1 year trial has expired, so i can go an see what new releases to watch for when they are released to youtube (since i cant actually watch them on vessel) but since they are older than 7 days, i guess they got "unlocked" or whatever, so even with my expired account i can watch them on vessel.

My Car: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/?p=4442206

CPU: i5 4590 |Motherboard: ASRock H97M PRO4|Memory: Corsair Vengance 8gbs|Storage: WD Caviar Blue 1TB|GPU: ZOTAC GTX 760 2gb|PSU: Thermaltech TR2 500W|Monitors: LG24M35 24" & Dual 19"|Mouse:Razer DeathAdder 2013 with SteelSeries Qck mini|Keyboard: Ducky DK2087 Zero MX Red|Headset: HyperX Cloud|Cooling: Corsair 120mm blue LED, Lepa vortex 120mm, stock 120mm|Case:Enermax Ostrog Blue Windowed

4 minutes ago, aidenrelkoff said:

Yeah they have not been released yet. But i just realized that, you can watch them after 7 days. For most of us the 1 year trial has expired, so i can go an see what new releases to watch for when they are released to youtube (since i cant actually watch them on vessel) but since they are older than 7 days, i guess they got "unlocked" or whatever, so even with my expired account i can watch them on vessel.

I did notice they were watchable on vessel, but they are supposed to be on YT by now so the majority of linus's viewers can watch them, I don't think most people are gonna keep checking vessel for shit like this.

They promised us everything would be up a week later and I plan to try to hold them to that.

AMD 5950X 4.7/4.6GHz All Core Dynamic OC + 1900MHz FCLK | 5GHz+ PBO | ASUS X570 Dark Hero | 32 GB 3800MHz 14-15-15-30-48-1T GDM 8GBx4 |  PowerColor AMD Radeon 6900 XT Liquid Devil @ 2700MHz Core + 2130MHz Mem | 2x 480mm Rad | 8x Blacknoise Noiseblocker NB-eLoop B12-PS Black Edition 120mm PWM | Thermaltake Core P5 TG Ti + Additional 3D Printed Rad Mount

1 hour ago, Swatson said:

Snip

I believe that they are delayed because of show coverage, they didn't want to bombard the subscription boxes with too many videos so they delayed the release

15 minutes ago, flowalex said:

I believe that they are delayed because of show coverage, they didn't want to bombard the subscription boxes with too many videos so they delayed the release

The show coverage came out same day on youtube because it's show coverage, so 7 days ago, more than a WEEK after the show coverage and a WEEK after the vessel release they should have been posted. The last show video was may 3rd, for reference.

Based on the length of time that passed and the fact they are pushing newer videos to youtube, I'm pretty sure someone simply forgot to upload these two to youtube, a simple mistake but one that shows they aren't sticking to their promise.

Maybe @nicklmg can shed some light on this. They are free on Vessel after first 7 days, so its not that big of deal. And as long as YT is getting 1 video per day (plus event coverage extras), I don't see problem in delay either.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

On 5/22/2016 at 10:18 AM, Swatson said:

No, we have not forgotten... We've had some really crappy stuff happen to the schedule lately which has shifted releases around a bit. Same thing happens when we have a show, some videos go to YouTube after 14 (or in REALLY bad cases, 21 days) after Vessel. TBH I don't see it as a huge deal - they still go to YouTube, and more often than not you're getting either 1. more or 2. better content with the simultaneous releases that force these delays (eg. PAX East content or 1080 launch).

TL;DR no need to fret, we don't forget about full videos and we're not trying to "hide content" or something... We just have to live within the limits we have when it comes to scheduling.

8 hours ago, nicklmg said:

Are you LMG's PR guy now or just really good at answering fans? If not, someone deserves a promoooootiiooon ;)

(unless your PR guy gets paid less than you. in which case DON'T take the demotion)

"Solus" (2015) - CPU: i7-4790k | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | Mobo: Asus Z97-A | Ram: 16GB (2x8) G.Skill Ripjaws X Series | PSU: EVGA G2 750W 80+ Gold | CaseFractal Design Define R4

Next Build: "Tyrion" (TBA)

11 hours ago, nicklmg said:

snip

Ok but why not just "catch up" and post them, you guys make a video every day and post it on vessel so you will have a video to post every day on youtube. So youtube is now permanently behind by 2 videos unless you guys "catch-up" posting?

Edit: Ok I see what you did to the schedule by posting 8 gamers 1 cpu on both at the same time, still pretty annoying but at leas they are gonna get posted

2 hours ago, GeekJump said:

Are you LMG's PR guy now or just really good at answering fans? If not, someone deserves a promoooootiiooon ;)

(unless your PR guy gets paid less than you. in which case DON'T take the demotion)

Heh, I wear many hats :P but thanks.

7 minutes ago, Swatson said:

Ok but why not just "catch up" and post them, you guys make a video every day and post it on vessel so you will have a video to post every day on youtube. So youtube is now permanently behind by 2 videos unless you guys "catch-up" posting?

Because that would shift the schedule out of whack... The reason some videos don't get posted 7 days after is because of the fact that we post a video every day to each platform, not in spite of that fact.

Think of it this way - we post a video to YouTube and a video to Vessel on May 23. The video that is posted to Vessel on May 23 is set to post to YouTube on May 30. But oh crap - on May 30 we have a show, or there is a large product release. That means that, to serve the community best, we'll want to release the May 30 video to all platforms at the same time.

So now the video that we posted to Vessel on May 23, that was supposed to go to YouTube on May 30, is in a state of limbo for another week. But, due to the fact that we post a video every single day and we have posted the same video to Vessel and YouTube on May 30, we have nothing to post to YouTube 7 days after May 30 on June 6. Unless we use the video that was posted to Vessel on May 23.

If we were to "catch up" as you suggest, then we would not only impact the performance of each video (on YouTube, your most recent video is shared significantly more than all others, meaning that as soon as we post a video, the performance of a previous video drops significantly, inhibiting our overall growth), but we would also have to start missing posting days on YouTube, which is something we never want to do (the much more impactful reason out of these two).

This is our current strategy for managing this issue. I won't argue that this is a perfect solution - it's certainly not. But it's the best one we've found so far to manage the 1-week window while still allowing us to post more timely content (eg. big releases and show coverage) to all platforms as soon as possible.

Hopefully that makes sense.