Let's talk about AMD's livestream (likes, dislikes, hopes)

Pros: I liked how they are packing as much tech into the GCN architecture as possible. Since their architecture is based on last generation, it allows them to keep costs down a bit while at the same time unlocking the potential within. Because GCN is a newer technology implemented just a few years ago, it still has a lot of room to improve.

Cons: They listed their audio thingy (still not quite sure what that's supposed to be all about besides 7.1 surround) in their flagships and lower end only. Their mid range of cards will apparently not get it. And next year I am going to get their 280 because it should be a bit cheaper and I still have some mileage to go with my 7870

Other: If you watched the thing on livestream.com and looked in the chat... I... I don't know how to even talk about it. I did catch a glimpse of people mentioning Linus here and there in between the swastikas and Russian speak. Oh and whenever a non-white person gets on stage, if you are the same race as that person, do not look in the chat.

I get 60 frames at 1080p on a dual core APU. Ask me how.

AMD FX 8350 CPU / R9 280X GPU / Asus M5A97 LE R 2.0 motherboard / 8GB Kingston HyperX Blue 1600 RAM / 128G OCZ Vertex 4 SSD / 256G Crucial SSD / 2T WD Black HDD / 1T Seagate Barracude HDD / Antec Earthwatts 650W PSU / Coolermaster HAF 922 Case

tNuGvSj.png

CPU: i7 5820K 4.0GHz @1.15V | MOBO: Asus X99 Sabertooth | GPU: Gigabyte Windforce GTX 980Ti, LTT Orange | CASE: NZXT H440 Black 2015 | COOLER: Noctua NH-D15S w/ LTT Fans | RAM: 32GB Patriot 3000MHz | STORAGE: 512GB Samsung 950 Pro, 960GB Sandisk Ultra II 3 x 8TB Seagate HDD's | PSU: 750W Seasonic X series, black / orange cablemod cables| Monitors: 3x Asus VX24AH's | AUDIO OUT: Microlab SOLO 8C, Sennheiser HD 650's, Audio engine D1 Amp / DAC | AUDIO IN: Blue Snowball | Keyboard: CM Storm QuickFire TK MX Green | Mouse: Logitech G900 Proteus Spectrum + RSI Extended Mouse Pad | PCPP Linkhttp://nz.pcpartpicker.com/list/hPjFd6

tNuGvSj.png

Credit where it's due!

TO ME! :P

Spoiler
Spoiler

"You know I was taught that if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. You feeling me cocksucker?"

Spoiler

"Ethernet is internet juice. You have to press the internet really hard and you will get it."

Spoiler

"My quantum milk machine brings every boy to all the yards." non futuis et sursum

PC Specs! | I7-950 | 24GB RAM | 10TB Storage | GTX 970 Strix and a 560TI DCUII for Physx | 120GB 840 + 250GB 850 EVO | Asus xonar DGX

Please take a moment to look over the forum CoC here.

Credit where it's due!

TO ME! :P

and to me for giving you the original image.

and to slick for tweeting it.

CPU: i7 5820K 4.0GHz @1.15V | MOBO: Asus X99 Sabertooth | GPU: Gigabyte Windforce GTX 980Ti, LTT Orange | CASE: NZXT H440 Black 2015 | COOLER: Noctua NH-D15S w/ LTT Fans | RAM: 32GB Patriot 3000MHz | STORAGE: 512GB Samsung 950 Pro, 960GB Sandisk Ultra II 3 x 8TB Seagate HDD's | PSU: 750W Seasonic X series, black / orange cablemod cables| Monitors: 3x Asus VX24AH's | AUDIO OUT: Microlab SOLO 8C, Sennheiser HD 650's, Audio engine D1 Amp / DAC | AUDIO IN: Blue Snowball | Keyboard: CM Storm QuickFire TK MX Green | Mouse: Logitech G900 Proteus Spectrum + RSI Extended Mouse Pad | PCPP Linkhttp://nz.pcpartpicker.com/list/hPjFd6

Under $600 price tag...

<p>Mobo - Asus P9X79 LE ----------- CPU - I7 4930K @ 4.4GHz ------ COOLER - Custom Loop ---------- GPU - R9 290X Crossfire ---------- Ram - 8GB Corsair Vengence Pro @ 1866 --- SSD - Samsung 840 Pro 128GB ------ PSU - Corsair AX 860i ----- Case - Corsair 900D

To put it short...

Graphics cards = not too bad quite happy with what they have shown. The approximate price also appears to be really nice.

The sound technologies = far far too much hype over something that already exists and is implemented by various companies so that part didn't catch my eye or should I say ear. Funny how they were hyped over the sound quality and the immersion it generates yet their stream had the most ear raping and headphone users killing quality.

AMD Gaming Evolved App = pffff.... looks like Nvidia Experience with a red accents instead of green.

Don't want to turn out to sound like I'm hating on what AMD is doing but the technologies shown weren't something we haven't seen before really and they kind off backing them selves up with their previous innovations.

--snip--

Off topic, I wish Pictures were either not allowed on the forum or were made to be super small. These large pictures are very annoying and really adds nothing to the conversation

On topic

I'd like to see what this *mantle* from BF4 has to offer when it is released in december. See if it really makes that big of a difference in how the game is ran and mainly if there is going to be a difference between AMD and Nvidia cards of the same power.

The audio stuff is kinda cool I'll want to wait to see what it really does. If all it does is add virtual surround well that's a waste for me. I don't use headphones so I won't see a benefit can't get surround with stereo speakers facing you.

Sager NP9370EM - I7 3630QM - 680m 1045Mhz - 8gb 1600mhz ram - 240gb msata 750gb hdd

... The thing about the audio is that it is not just about 7.1 surround.

It turns normal speakers into 7.1 surround speakers. Even if they are only Stereo. Basically. So everyone who has a Graphics Card that uses this benefits from it. Even non-audiophiles.

It is a much "bigger deal" than people give it credit for. 

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

so maybe they should have showed us some tech specs. that would have been nice. or at least a price.

Daily Driver:

Case: Red Prodigy CPU: i5 3570K @ 4.3 GHZ GPU: Powercolor PCS+ 290x @1100 mhz MOBO: Asus P8Z77-I CPU Cooler: NZXT x40 RAM: 8GB 2133mhz AMD Gamer series Storage: A 1TB WD Blue, a 500GB WD Blue, a Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

Mantle needs Linux support or it can GTFO! TrueAudio needs Linux support or it can GTFO! Gaming Evolved Control Panel needs Linux support or it can GTFO! .______.

Also for those that said "8-core optimisation is never going to happen" ._. sooooo I heard you like 8-core BF4?

Console optimisations and how they will effect you | The difference between AMD cores and Intel cores | Memory Bus size and how it effects your VRAM usage |
How much vram do you actually need? | APUs and the future of processing | Projects: SO - here

Intel i7 5820l @ with Corsair H110 | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 1600Mhz | XFX Radeon R9 290 @ 1.2Ghz | Corsair 600Q | Corsair TX650 | Probably too much corsair but meh should have had a Corsair SSD and RAM | 1.3TB HDD Space | Sennheiser HD598 | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Blue Snowball

Well they told me everything i wasn't there for plus some....God damn it amd.

Mantle needs Linux support or it can GTFO! TrueAudio needs Linux support or it can GTFO! Gaming Evolved Control Panel needs Linux support or it can GTFO! .______.

Also for those that said "8-core optimisation is never going to happen" ._. sooooo I heard you like 8-core BF4?

Nvidia is working with Steam on SteamOS. So yeah. "Linux Support", am I right?

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Nvidia is working with Steam on SteamOS. So yeah. "Linux Support", am I right?

lmfao yes Linux support <3 I really really love Ubuntu and the only thing keeping me from it right now is the lack of software support for certain software's - I'm being forced to use Windows by 2-3 programs currently:

• Razer Comms
  • CryEngine SDK
  • CryEngine

CryEngine generally runs perfectly in Wine anyway but I'm not quite sure how the editor runs, I know they've hired Linux developers for ports which is good as Linux support will come for the future but it's still a drawback right now.

Console optimisations and how they will effect you | The difference between AMD cores and Intel cores | Memory Bus size and how it effects your VRAM usage |
How much vram do you actually need? | APUs and the future of processing | Projects: SO - here

Intel i7 5820l @ with Corsair H110 | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 1600Mhz | XFX Radeon R9 290 @ 1.2Ghz | Corsair 600Q | Corsair TX650 | Probably too much corsair but meh should have had a Corsair SSD and RAM | 1.3TB HDD Space | Sennheiser HD598 | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Blue Snowball

Microsoft at Xbox One release: "TV!"

AMD: "GAMING!"

But in all seriousness. It looks like AMD has seen what Nvidia has been doing successfully for the last 7 or so years with Physx and special software additions above and beyond what the rest of the industry is doing and they are applying that to their products.

Something I am worried about however is whether or not they will move away from Tressfx for example which was compatible on AMD and Nvidia cards, to AMD only optimizations. Will I miss out on graphical content in the game by having an Intel CPU? (I believe in the "how many cores do you need for gaming?" video Linus mentioned something about things not being there on dual core that were on three or more cores).

Will Nvidia owners miss out in these AMD branded games? Because if they don't and AMD doesn't lock these new things down to their platform and Windows only (see: valve. Linux is the future of gaming) I feel like more devs will take interest since they won't be excluding half the PC market share.

CPU: 5820k 4.5Ghz 1.28v, RAM: 16GB Crucial 2400mhz, Motherboard: Evga X99 Micro, Graphics Card: GTX 780, Water Cooling: EK Acetal CPU/GPU blocks,

240mm Magicool slim rad, 280mm Alphacool rad, D5 Vario pump, 1/4 ID 3/4 OD tubing, Noctua Redux 140/120mm fans. PSU: Evga 750w G2 SSD: Samsung 850 Pro 256GB & Seagate SSHD 2TB Audio: Sennheiser HD558s, JBL! speakers, Fiio E10k DAC/Amp Monitor: Xstar DP2710LED @ 96hz (Korean Monitor) Case: Fractal Node 804

Microsoft at Xbox One release: "TV!"

AMD: "AUDIO!"

That's the way it was

Sager NP9370EM - I7 3630QM - 680m 1045Mhz - 8gb 1600mhz ram - 240gb msata 750gb hdd

was playing bf4

work it ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ harder, make it (ง •̀_•́)ง better, do it ᕦ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕤ faster, raise ur ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ donger

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ HARDER, BETTER, FASTER, DONGER! ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ

Is AMD mantle based on Direct x? or is a non Direct X standard. If it's not, then hooray games on linux! With AMD working with valve on steam, we may have just found the API of the future! Unless AMD and EA decide to lock it down, if so FUCK THEM! :)

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

Is AMD mantle based on Direct x? or is a non Direct X standard. If it's not, then hooray games on linux! With AMD working with valve on steam, we may have just found the API of the future! Unless AMD and EA decide to lock it down, if so FUCK THEM! :)

Mantle is like AMD's version of Direct X but its completely different and built from the ground up.  If you know how much overhead that DirectX has then you should be like crying with exitement because i am if Mantle gets rid of all that overhead i mean its a whole new ball game that guy in the conference is right its like brining 2018 graphics to 2014 its Like insane 

mind-blown.jpg

Intel 4790k • Asus Z97-A • Gigabyte GTX 970 Windforce • G.Skill 1866 4GBx2 • Corsair HX850W PSU • Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler • Intel 530 120GB SSD(OS) • 1TB HDD(Games) • Cooler Master HAF 912 • Logitech G15 Key • Razer Abyssus Mouse • Asus 24in 144hz VG248QE

That's the way it was

I giggled a bit. But they also went over a ton of graphics/gaming as well. Although the audio portion was pretty huge for a graphics card.

CPU: 5820k 4.5Ghz 1.28v, RAM: 16GB Crucial 2400mhz, Motherboard: Evga X99 Micro, Graphics Card: GTX 780, Water Cooling: EK Acetal CPU/GPU blocks,

240mm Magicool slim rad, 280mm Alphacool rad, D5 Vario pump, 1/4 ID 3/4 OD tubing, Noctua Redux 140/120mm fans. PSU: Evga 750w G2 SSD: Samsung 850 Pro 256GB & Seagate SSHD 2TB Audio: Sennheiser HD558s, JBL! speakers, Fiio E10k DAC/Amp Monitor: Xstar DP2710LED @ 96hz (Korean Monitor) Case: Fractal Node 804