290x gets 7000+ marks in firestrike, faster than titan?

BlackOutCrisis

The only cards to get 7000+ marks in firestrike are 780s and Titans with huge overclocks on LN2. Could the 290x be the new top dog if it is getting into the 7000 range stock? I can't wait to see the 3rd party benches.

280x coming in at over 6000 marks at a price point of 300$ beating 780/titans on ln2 and MSI Lightning 7970's on ln2

http://hwbot.org/benchmark/3dmark_-_fire_strike_extreme/rankings?cores=1#start=0#interval=20

I cant wait for non reference designs...  :wub: MSI Lightning, Asus DCU II, anyone?

I like the color scheme of Noctua fans. Deal with it. Forget about the bad memories of the past.

"wunder you really are as straight as a rainbow" - Lanoi "can I fisterino your nose" - WunderWuffle

Forget about the bad memories of the past, take the good ones along with you through the present, and look forwards to the good things that will come in the future.

It's an AMD card ... this will probably need 3 x 8 Pins :P

Bring it on!! More Power!!

tool-time.jpg

Intel 4790k • Asus Z97-A • Gigabyte GTX 970 Windforce • G.Skill 1866 4GBx2 • Corsair HX850W PSU • Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler • Intel 530 120GB SSD(OS) • 1TB HDD(Games) • Cooler Master HAF 912 • Logitech G15 Key • Razer Abyssus Mouse • Asus 24in 144hz VG248QE

Dat graphic

Looks like it's from the 90s.

4A9wc.jpg

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

770, 780, and TITAN has a better looking stock cooler IMO. 

I like the color scheme of Noctua fans. Deal with it. Forget about the bad memories of the past.

"wunder you really are as straight as a rainbow" - Lanoi "can I fisterino your nose" - WunderWuffle

Forget about the bad memories of the past, take the good ones along with you through the present, and look forwards to the good things that will come in the future.

It's an AMD card ... this will probably need 3 x 8 Pins :P

I think it's only one 8 and one 6 pin

i3-2120|4gb 1333|GTX 650ti 1gb|Fractal R4|Corsair 430w 

Though finding a 770 with 'Titan cooler' isn't thats easy ...

I wonder how great the 800series cooler will look like

Mini-Desktop: NCASE M1 Build Log
Mini-Server: M350 Build Log

The only cards to get 7000+ marks in firestrike are 780s and Titans with huge overclocks on LN2. Could the 290x be the new top dog if it is getting into the 7000 range stock? I can't wait to see the 3rd party benches.

It's the "Performance" preset didnt you see? Not Extreme or smthing.

So... If Jesus had the gold, would he buy himself out instead of waiting 3 days for the respawn?

CPU: Phenom II x6 1045t ][ GPU: GeForce 9600GT 512mb DDR3 ][ Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-MA770T-UD3P ][ RAM: 2x4GB Kingston 1333MHz CL9 DDR3 ][ HDD: Western Digital Green 2TB ][ PSU: Chieftec 500AB A ][ Case: No-name without airflow or dust filters Budget saved for an upgrade so far: 2400PLN (600€) - Initial 2800PLN (700€) Upgraded already: CPU

Though finding a 770 with 'Titan cooler' isn't thats easy ...

I wonder how great the 800series cooler will look like

True. I am also curious on how the 800 series cooler will look like.

I cant wait for non reference designs...  :wub: MSI Lightning, Asus DCU II, anyone?

who needs non-reference designs when you can buy a custom block? :)

i5 4670k | Sapphire 7950 | Kingston 120GB SSD | Seagate 1TB | G.Skill Ripjaw X Series 8GB

PB238Q | Steelseries Sensei | Ducky DK9087 | Qck Heavy

Build Log: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/44902-from-imac-to-my-own-creation/

who needs non-reference designs when you can buy a custom block? :)

Who needs custom block for reference cards when you can have a custom block for a non reference card?

Put the new AMD GPU's in a ASUS ROG MB and do you still agree the Nvidia GPU's look better? i don't think so

Intel 4790k • Asus Z97-A • Gigabyte GTX 970 Windforce • G.Skill 1866 4GBx2 • Corsair HX850W PSU • Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler • Intel 530 120GB SSD(OS) • 1TB HDD(Games) • Cooler Master HAF 912 • Logitech G15 Key • Razer Abyssus Mouse • Asus 24in 144hz VG248QE

The R9 290x did not seem to have the standard crossfire fingers. Could crossfire not be available on this card?

579086_551357158264753_186460258_n.jpg

Build Log: Monochrome

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K | Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z87MX-D3H | Graphics Card: Asus HD 7970 DirectCU II | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 8GB | PSU: Corsair CXM 600 | Storage: OCZ Vertex 4 128GB,2 Seagate Baracuda 3TB | Case: Corsair 350D Window

Who buys reference cards anyway?

good luck getting a non reference titan :P

also it imho is one of the best looking cooling solutions for a gpu these days ...

Mini-Desktop: NCASE M1 Build Log
Mini-Server: M350 Build Log

Put the new AMD GPU's in a ASUS ROG MB and do you still agree the Nvidia GPU's look better? i don't think so

IMO, the Titan coolers look good on most motherboards. Once again, just my opinion.

The R9 290x did not seem to have the standard crossfire fingers. Could crossfire not be available on this card?

579086_551357158264753_186460258_n.jpg

Somehow they are intending to do Crossfire through PCie bus and not the CFx bridge.

So... If Jesus had the gold, would he buy himself out instead of waiting 3 days for the respawn?

CPU: Phenom II x6 1045t ][ GPU: GeForce 9600GT 512mb DDR3 ][ Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-MA770T-UD3P ][ RAM: 2x4GB Kingston 1333MHz CL9 DDR3 ][ HDD: Western Digital Green 2TB ][ PSU: Chieftec 500AB A ][ Case: No-name without airflow or dust filters Budget saved for an upgrade so far: 2400PLN (600€) - Initial 2800PLN (700€) Upgraded already: CPU

Somehow they are intending to do Crossfire through PCie bus and not the CFx bridge.

That is interesting as the other cards will be using the traditional CF bridge.

Who needs custom block for reference cards when you can have a custom block for a non reference card?

more common (and cheaper) to watercool a reference card...

i5 4670k | Sapphire 7950 | Kingston 120GB SSD | Seagate 1TB | G.Skill Ripjaw X Series 8GB

PB238Q | Steelseries Sensei | Ducky DK9087 | Qck Heavy

Build Log: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/44902-from-imac-to-my-own-creation/

The Asus DirectCU II version of this card will be amazing, it's exactly what my wallet has been waiting for.

12600k | MSI MEG S280 | SSUPD Meshilicious | Asus ROG STRIX Z690-I | Crucial 16GB 4800MHz CL38 | MSI Gaming 980Ti | CM V850 SFX | WD SN850 1TB, WD SN550 1TB 
Pi 4TB NAS | Asus VG27AQ, Asus PB278Q | Logitech G Pro X Superlight | Glorious G-HXL-STEALTH | Keychron K4 V2 | Sennheiser HD 599 w/ Fiio E10