Quick opinion and question about 1080

Hogger

So, personally, I wasn't too impressed by the 1080 benchmarks. I realize that with more mature drivers, It might improve a good bit, but overall, not too impressed. The 1080 IS indeed better than a 980ti, but not by a margin that I personally would call significant. 

Now here is the question(s)

- Do you think they will come out with a 1080ti (or even bring back the xx90!?!?) 

- After the possible price drop of the 980ti's, would you consider buying 2 980ti's over the 1080 (of course, if the drop is big enough)

4 minutes ago, Hogger said:

- Do you think they will come out with a 1080ti

- After the possible price drop of the 980ti's, would you consider buying 2 980ti's over the 1080 (of course, if the drop is big enough)

Yes and yes.

Not sure about the xx90 though.

i7 4790k | MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition | G.Skill Ripjaws X 16 GB | Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB | 2x Seagate Barracuda 2TB | MSI GTX 970 Twin Frozr V | Fractal Design R4 | EVGA 650W

A gaming PC for your budget: $800 - $1000 - $1500 - $1800 - $2600 - $9001

Remember to quote people if you want them to see your reply!

2 minutes ago, KSores said:

go 1080

Capture.PNG

I understand the benchmarks, I understand the 1080 is better than a 980ti and sometimes 980ti sli in some games, but I'm just saying. After the price drop of the 980ti, It might be a possible card to get, just about a year old and still a good powerhouse card.

10 minutes ago, HPWebcamAble said:

Yes and yes.

Not sure about the xx90 though.

Unless AMD releases a card that blows the 1080 out of the water Nvidia doesn't really have a reason to make a TI version.

Although releasing a TI version of the 1080 would increase sales for Nvidia so maybe they will. :D

Edited by IntoDarkness
Fixed a mistake

"Well sing with me a hymn 
For the light that has dimmed 
For the heart that no longer beats 
And even until death when nothing else is left and the pain has finally ceased 
And the sun will never shine on this cold dead heart of mine" 

You can't kill something that doesn't care if it lives.

My PC: 

CPU:Intel Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz, CPU Cooler:be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Motherboard:Asus MAXIMUS VIII HERO, Memory:G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 16GB DDR4-3000, Storage:Sandisk Ultra II 960GB SSD, Seagate Barracuda 2TB HDD,
Video Card: EVGA ACX SSC 970 (1080 soon), Case:Fractal Design Define R5, Power Supply:EVGA SuperNOVA 1000G2 1000W 80+ Gold, Operating System:Windows 10 Home, Keyboard:Corsair K70 RGB, Mouse:Logitech G502

2 minutes ago, Hogger said:

I understand the benchmarks, I understand the 1080 is better than a 980ti and sometimes 980ti sli in some games, but I'm just saying. After the price drop of the 980ti, It might be a possible card to get, just about a year old and still a good powerhouse card.

Don't expect a huge drop in the 980ti's price for awhile. On the 1080's release, I'd say expect about 50-60$ price drop.

"Well sing with me a hymn 
For the light that has dimmed 
For the heart that no longer beats 
And even until death when nothing else is left and the pain has finally ceased 
And the sun will never shine on this cold dead heart of mine" 

You can't kill something that doesn't care if it lives.

My PC: 

CPU:Intel Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz, CPU Cooler:be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Motherboard:Asus MAXIMUS VIII HERO, Memory:G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 16GB DDR4-3000, Storage:Sandisk Ultra II 960GB SSD, Seagate Barracuda 2TB HDD,
Video Card: EVGA ACX SSC 970 (1080 soon), Case:Fractal Design Define R5, Power Supply:EVGA SuperNOVA 1000G2 1000W 80+ Gold, Operating System:Windows 10 Home, Keyboard:Corsair K70 RGB, Mouse:Logitech G502

The benchmarks in their review were non-OC'd, correct? If these are the results at ~1700 MHz, and it can comfortably overclock to 2100+ (assuming the demo was any sort of baseline), then I'd imagine it should be capable of a decent amount more than what we've seen so far.

CPU - Intel i7-4790k | CPU Cooler - Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO | Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z97-HD3 (Rev 2.0) | RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws X 16GB (2x8) DDR3-1866 | Storage - Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD | Graphics Card - EVGA GeForce GTX 980ti SC | Case - Fractal Design Define R5 w/Window (Black) | PSU - EVGA 750W B2 | Display - Acer K272HUL | Keyboard - E-Element RGB | Mouse - Logitech g502 | Sound - Klipsch ProMedia 2.1/Fostex TH-x00/Sennheiser HD595